Hoping for eventual DLC for Finland and rest of the Eastern Front Axis powers

Karelian

I like having the exotic stuff.

But what I really want is what we didn't get in CM1: coverage of the war in '39-41. I want Char B1s. I want Matildas attacking 38ts and Pz II's at Arras while Rommel tries to set up the Flak 18's. I want paratroopers in the Hague. The battle of Hannut (the largest tank battle in history! At the time...) Fighting in Norway!

Basically, I want Crescendo of Doom. :D

There definitely needs to be a Mannerheim Line module!

Not much of that was left after Winter War and fortified lines played a minor role in 1944 anyway. Valkeasaari, Siiranmäki and Nietjärvi were the only important battles fought around prepared lines during the last summer. In theory others too, but those lines mostly existed on paper.

Not much of that was left after Winter War and fortified lines played a minor role in 1944 anyway

True enough. But the Valkeasaari, Siiranmäki and Nietjärvi module doesn't quite have the same ring to it. I was thinking of a continuity with the Gustav Line module. I think Mannerheim as a figure looms so large in that theatre that despite the lack of a historical basis for fortified lines in 1944 the name in the title would be an important selling point. Of course, I'm sure travelling back 4 years is well within battlefront's ability as a company, no?

True enough. But the Valkeasaari, Siiranmäki and Nietjärvi module doesn't quite have the same ring to it. I was thinking of a continuity with the Gustav Line module. I think Mannerheim as a figure looms so large in that theatre that despite the lack of a historical basis for fortified lines in 1944 the name in the title would be an important selling point. Of course, I'm sure travelling back 4 years is well within battlefront's ability as a company, no?

Most of the Mannerheim Line could be easily modelled with trenches, barbed wire and few single-line anti-tank obstacles. During the Winter War concrete forts had a tactical impact in two really small areas - Summa sector which was the only one fortified to at least some extent, and in Taipale where two flanking-fire MG bunkers managed to operate undetected nearly to the end of the war. It ain't that surprising considering the fact that the whole line was built with less concrete than the Finlandia House in Helsinki...

Nah, a Bagration game's module is not going to model Winter War battles. That would require completely different organizations and equipment for both sides. Eventually I hope there will be a Winter War game, but that will probably work better as a standalone given the uniqueness.

CM campaign of battle of Tali-Ihantala would certainly be a very intensive and brutal action (and probably an true nightmare for campaign producer to make it in any ways playable :D ). Limited to relatively small geographical area with lots of combined arms action and extremely intense artillery fire. Probably one of the few battles where finns and russians engaged each other tacticaly on relatively "equal terms".

Yep, perkele sentäs!

I don't speak Finnish, Lapp, Norse, or any other funny sounding language, but I can suss out what this means.

"Perkele sentas" (No umlauts allowed: they offend me: unless vertical: and at the end of a word: or Claus: )

"Perkele" sounds like "Percolate". "Percolate", like coffee, means to immerse something in water and boil vigorously.

Got it.

"Sentas" is simple. It means "Santa", or, in English, Santa Claus. Saint Nicholas or Saint Niklaus for you Eastern/Northern types with funny sounding languages.

Therefore, when Sergei says "Perkele sentas", it translates into, "If you don't release a Finn module, we will BOIL SANTA."

This is not an idle threat. The Finns obviously know the location of Santa's workshop. (Reindeer spies, donchaknow. That red nose was used for Morse transmissions. Not Norse.) The module must be released before Christmas!!!

If not for us, for Santa.

Therefore, when Sergei says "Perkele sentas", it translates into, "If you don't release a Finn module, we will BOIL SANTA."

LOL love your translation skills. Very logical :D

This is not an idle threat. The Finns obviously know the location of Santa's workshop.

They may know where his work shop is but it is Canadian territory - we will protect him. :)