CMRT - BETA AAR - German Side

BFCElvis

Hah! You put your finger on it. At the other end of the scale of armored pulchritude there is the JS-2. Now there is a real man's tank. For me, it is the archetype of exactly what a tank should look like.

Michael

Sorry, it's very "tank-esque", but it doesn't look nearly as dangerous as the IS-3 - now there's a tank heading in the modern direction, sleek, streamlined and seriously scary looking !

s7fo.jpg

And apologies for derailing the thread ( again ). ( more ). <slinks away>

I haven't touched Hetzer in the Beta yet (besides working on the skins) but I'm concerned about the TC's situational awareness. There's a reason why vehicles usually got commander's cupolas. Every vehicle has its own pluses and minuses. T34-76 has super-fast turret rotation but an awkward combo commander-gunner. IS and ISU have monster guns but two piece ammo and a slow reload rate. Hetzer is a sportscar but the commander lacks optics.

I don't have much to report yet. My 4 teams are still working their way through the woods to the south of OBJ BLAU. They are about 3/4 of the way to where I want them to be. They are starting to tire, so I'm looking forward to them getting into position and begin resting. If they get back to being well rested in time I may have one crawl closer to the edge. I have had no contact at all through the first 5 minutes of the battle.

I still hope to make them seem like a bigger force than they are. I really want to get a couple of shots off, drop back out of sight and move laterally to give the illusion of more men.

How about some pics of your dispositions? The terrain from your perspective?

He has probably had a lot more to take pictures of. Mine would mostly just be men hiding in the same spots that they started in. :)

My advance men have reached their spots. I have removed their covered arcs and next turn will unidentified them. I want them to be seen. Contact has been made......more about that when I'm in front of my computer (as opposed to my dead sexy phone that I am using to post this).

Elvis,

Once the battle moves to points where you want do close up pics of units, it would be wonderful if you can post some standard color closeups of the Soviet gear, too.

Bil only plays in Movie mode these days and all of his posted pics are in that style. Those of us that do not care for Movie mode would sure love to see the new units in detail under normal color conditions.

Thank you very much for doing this AAR and best of luck going forward!

Where'z ze update herr kommandant? General stab is waiting.

BTW: it seems the german flak weapons are missing from the overview page of Red Thunders features?

Real life has messed me up the last couple of days. I went in to work at 8:45am yesterday and left at midnight. Then back in at 8:45 this morning. I plan on doing little tonight other than getting something together for you guys. I'm sorry about the delay.

BTW: it seems the german flak weapons are missing from the overview page of Red Thunders features?

Funny enough, they're missing from the internal Excel worksheet (supposedly) listing everything in the title. They're in the game - they're definitely in the game. They're just not on the list. :)

To give you an idea how far I have advanced my 4 teams, here is a wide shot of the woods that they have been moving through. These locations are the end points of their movement orders. Upon arriving I had issued hide and very short covered arc orders. The turn after their arrival I removed their covered arc orders

CMRedThunder2014-02-0720-48-01-703_zpsdaffcad2.jpg

During that minute first contact was made and it didn't go well for me. Do you think I care! HA! Of course I don't.......well maybe a little because it went a little worse than I would have liked. Here's a screenie of the ones who joined the choir invisible. Being a scout under my command is a death sentence. But these guys are intended to be more than just scouts. I need these 4 teams to give the illusion of more than what they are. If I lose too many too fast I'll have to go to Plan B. And we all know that, if Plan B was as good as Plan A it would have been Plan A. Fortunately, even having lost 60% of the team, they have not panicked. or become Rattled. I am able to not only order them back to safety but also order them back forward, to the left of their past position. They haven't begun that movement yet...I'll let you know how well that works out.

CMRedThunder2014-02-0720-53-32-438_zpsdaf5bcd4.jpg

And these are they guys that did it.

CMRedThunder2014-02-0707-21-20-245_zpsa7cdcbba.jpg

Meanwhile, not only did I "unhide" and remove the covered arc of the two teams on the right but I have issued them both very close in "Target Briefly" orders. Now I'm try to attract some attention.

CMRedThunder2014-02-0719-13-57-654_zps0bee7f21.jpg

potato_zpsbc82e240.jpg

The third team in this group I'm going to attack the Russians who clipped my men.

CMRedThunder2014-02-0719-14-48-539_zps49715ead.jpg

Having fired their noise makers, it's time to relocate the two teams on my right. I pull them both back with a quick movement order and then have the hunt forward and to the left a little.

CMRedThunder2014-02-0719-20-54-746_zps9e5f9d81.jpg

This might give a good idea of how far out ahead my teams are. The one circled in red is the one that got clipped.

scouts_zpsfbc012a6.jpg

Things didn't get much better when the going over to help walked into a buzzsaw. The entire team was wiped out in seconds.

1_zps992406fb.jpg

A question that I won't know the answer to until the game is over is the result of the final act of this brave soldier as he lobs a potato masher directly on top of three Russians.

2_zps5b15e601.jpg