CMRT - BETA AAR - German Side

BFCElvis

sburke, it's pretty open ground on that side between my set up area and where I'm going to scout. I don't think I will find much out there in no man's land. If I do run into Bil out there I wouldn't expect more than a probe or scout.

That said, I do expect these men to never see their mothers again. Such is the life of a scout under Elvis' command.

My HQ unit is getting close to his position to start calling in the harassing fire. I am going to pull back the team that is now keeping an eye on the area..well, as much as they can see in these dense woods.

1_zps45ea4b9b.jpg

2_zps95f0763b.jpg

Meanwhile in the west my scouts can see the western side of the woods I've been mucking around in the most. I've decided to pull back one of the two forward teams on that side to make sure Bil hasn't somehow slipped past me. If I don't find any sign of that, I am thinking seriously about that craziness of moving out of BLAU and into the woods...and maybe surprising him...or dying a painful death

3_zpsf2517aea.jpg

Ninja'd by Doomed.

You Senior Members should collectively hang your heads in shame to have a Junior Member (and "Doomed" no less) figure this one out first :D

Yes, we now show casualties in the 2D UI's Soldier Panel. This information remains for the duration of the game. The weapon representing the casualty is what the soldier had when he became a casualty, not what he has after weapons scrounging. At least that's the way I think it works. I haven't tested it to be sure!

Steve

A nice addition, but why not just show green weapon icons for unwounded, yellow for walking wounded, and red for casualties?

Something like this might be easier on the eyes and more intuitive. However, red might leap out too much from the UI. Perhaps a faded red, or white even. --Something that lets you clearly know that the unit is a casualty and what weapon it had, but that does not overpower the other UI info in the area.

The weapon representing the casualty is what the soldier had when he became a casualty, not what he has after weapons scrounging. At least that's the way I think it works. I haven't tested it to be sure!

If possible I would prefer it to show what he currently has. That would help to decide on buddy aid.

Is there a distinction between WIA and KIA casualties? Again interesting for buddy aid.

I would also suggest an icon instead of text. No need to translate and easier to recognize.

Good improvement, very useful!

Red silhouettes on the current background would basically disappear for chaps with deficient red vision. Not that, in this case, that would necessarily be a bad thing, since "gaps" would be shown in the array, and squinting would only be necessary to see if there were any "deaders" below the last visible one. It would be nice to have some indication of the status of the casualty. Ideally, it would be nice to see a symbol for "wounded" (red cross base) and "dead" (black skull and crossbones base), and change the silhouette to, say, a helmet, or stretcher or summat, once they've been Buddy Aided.

How does the text bottom left coordinate with the silhouette? Does it go away for Buddy Aid-ed pTruppen as now? I think it's important to show in the i/f that a casualty has been attended to, else you'll spend even longer looking to see if there's any work for your tidy-up team...

Nice addition with the casualty info now showing in the UI (I noticed it right away ;) ). I have to agree that just having a red (WIA), and a dark red(KIA) would look cleaner, and less cluttered for the area than having text in this case. I do understand why they went with text though as they would then have to make red icons for each weapon making the game larger in memory size. Hey can we get that text showing what floor on, open, and passenger under the portrait now?

When buddy aid is complete I would prefer the casualties disappear from the UI, again to keep the area less cluttered with information that is no longer relevant.