CMRT - BETA AAR - German Side

BFCElvis

Ahh, the sweet sound of your enemy's high explosive booming on unoccupied terrain. ;)

Nice.

More screenshots, please.

Opponent's expending HE with no casualties is always nice, but it also gives you a fair idea of where he is not.

Not to say he won't be there in the minute after it all stops mind you, but at the moment, it's no man's land.

Opponent's expending HE with no casualties is always nice, but it also gives you a fair idea of where he is not.

Not to say he won't be there in the minute after it all stops mind you, but at the moment, it's no man's land.

Correct, I have been thinking that is where he might be soon

I'm waiting for a file but thought I post a couple of random shots and show something new that I have begun.

Panzerschrek team in a great concealment location. These guys are between ROT and BLAU on the western side of the map. They have enough elevation to view a couple of key spots on that side.

CMRedThunder2014-02-1019-44-20-505_zps777b0181.jpg

These guys also have a great hiding spot. They are in the area to the east of BLAU. One view is theirs and the other is looking back at their position. I circled where they are set up.

CMRedThunder2014-02-1019-47-20-342_zps04c86332.jpg

CMRedThunder2014-02-1019-48-51-771_zps1c096f2c.jpg

Finally, I have decided to run a platoon HQ unit into the eastern side of the woods. The point they have been ordered to gives them just enough of an LOS to the southern section that I have decided to use some of my skimpy arty assets to call in a short "harass" fire order. Maybe it will cause him to think they are spotting rounds and that he is about to walk into a larger barrage. I have only 60 rounds of 120mm. I need to use them sparingly. If blowing off a few with this slows him down or makes him adjust his plan, it may be worth it. The couple of men left in the team on that side should be able to give me enough of a heads up if he is brewing up something large there before the HQ arrives at his location.

CMRedThunder2014-02-1019-52-01-022_zps70039379.jpg

Interesting to see that "The Big Red Button" is now above the Fast Forward and other buttons.

BFC just playing around with ideas or definitely moving it ?

'Cos muscle-memory is almost certainly going to have me clicking it by mistake at least once or twice :(

Your schreck guys do indeed look to be in excellent cover.

Bil being Bil though, will probably spot them from 300m ! :eek: He just seems to spot first all the time. I'm sure he's hacked the code :D

PS: This might just be me, so feel free to ignore, but I think that Objectives turned off makes for better screenshots.

PPS: Is it a feature of Straggler companies that they have no higher C2 ( which makes sense ), or just in this case ?

Interesting to see that "The Big Red Button" ™ is now above the Fast Forward and other buttons.

BFC just playing around with ideas or definitely moving it ?

'Cos muscle-memory is almost certainly going to have me clicking it by mistake at least once or twice :(

Testers have already pointed this out, so it's moving back below playback for WeGo :) For RealTime it will remain where you see it. Also note there are some other changes in that area.

Steve

With the wind noise in the background and my freezing cold living room...these poor scout seemed like they were in a desolate place while watching them.

CMRedThunder2014-02-1207-21-29-124_zps25916b14.jpg

Damn those guys would have to be wondering as exposed as they are as to who is noting their movement. Nice shot for the vastness of the terrain.

Almost makes me hear "While Jim is wrestling Lions in the Serengeti, we'll take a break to talk about Mutual of Omaha". And no there is no charity contribution for me saying Omaha.

Indeed, that is a very nice shot that shows off the Belarus terrain quite well. One of the interesting things about having different settings for CM is that one could build a decent technical representation of Belarus using CMBN. However, it would not look as much like it without significant modding. And even then it would lack many of the unique features that were added specifically to simulate this part of the world. "Atmosphere" is important to most gamers, even wargamers. It's why we've spent so much time since CMx1 focused on the 2D and 3D graphics.

Steve

Indeed, that is a very nice shot that shows off the Belarus terrain quite well. One of the interesting things about having different settings for CM is that one could build a decent technical representation of Belarus using CMBN. However, it would not look as much like it without significant modding. And even then it would lack many of the unique features that were added specifically to simulate this part of the world. "Atmosphere" is important to most gamers, even wargamers. It's why we've spent so much time since CMx1 focused on the 2D and 3D graphics.

Steve

Much appreciated. The new birch trees, for example, were noticeable in the beta screenshots.

Any chance of getting a "pre-destroyed" tree that would have bare branches, mostly shot away, and only a partial trunk, to create a more ghastly atmosphere on cratered and fought-over areas?

Much appreciated. The new birch trees, for example, were noticeable in the beta screenshots.

Any chance of getting a "pre-destroyed" tree that would have bare branches, mostly shot away, and only a partial trunk, to create a more ghastly atmosphere on cratered and fought-over areas?

We have them in now, as flavor objects.