Marder Crew

Am curious what the graphic actually represents. I understand that it's a glitch due to improper patch installation, but the graphic of an arm sticking out at 90 degrees must have been created for some reason. But, I do not recall ever seeing that in any game I have played. So, what is the original reason for this graphic existing?

Am curious what the graphic actually represents. I understand that it's a glitch due to improper patch installation, but the graphic of an arm sticking out at 90 degrees must have been created for some reason. But, I do not recall ever seeing that in any game I have played. So, what is the original reason for this graphic existing?

This was originally meant to signify that a soldier was saying, "Don't bother me now, my nails are drying!" It's actually a sleeper that isn't meant to be activated yet, but will come into play during the last months of the war when the Germans begin organizing gay battalions (not that there is anything wrong with that).

;)

Michael

Coordinator: Crucifixion?

Prisoner: Yes.

Coordinator: Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

[Next prisoner]

Coordinator: Crucifixion?

Mr. Cheeky: Er, no, freedom actually.

Coordinator: What?

Mr. Cheeky: Yeah, they said I hadn't done anything and I could go and live on an island somewhere.

Coordinator: Oh I say, that's very nice. Well, off you go then.

Mr. Cheeky: No, I'm just pulling your leg, it's crucifixion really.

Coordinator: [laughing] Oh yes, very good. Well...

Mr. Cheeky: Yes I know, out of the door, one cross each, line on the left.

It's the generic neutral stance that is used for most 3d characters, if no animation is assigned they'll go into a stance like that as it's how the model was posed before animation coding commenced.

Most games use it you just won't see it unless something breaks in the animations.

Further to the answer above; the animations for these models are all in the 1.11 patch installation. If 2.0 should be installed without 1.11 the game reads no animation information and we get the generic pose only.

If one did not install 1.11 before installing 2.0 can they do that now? Or would I need to reinstall the whole game? :) Anyone tried that?

If one did not install 1.11 before installing 2.0 can they do that now? Or would I need to reinstall the whole game? :) Anyone tried that?

I recall reading something on this point in a thread previously somewhere. To be honest, I cannot be sure what the response/outcome on it actually was.

However, in theory the Normandy v111.brz file will work fine but installing the 1.11 patch over 2.00 will probably write over the v 2.00 .exe so one would then have to re-run the v2.00 installer again and rewrite over the v1.11 .exe.

It might be that the installer has been set up so as not to overwrite a later .exe version so v1.11 installer will install the .brz but not the .exe because it has detected that the current .exe is v2.00. However I doubt this. You can check this by noting the v2.00 .exe file size first, then install 1.11 and see if the .exe file has reduced in size. The v1.11 will be smaller, so if it does reduce in size you can then reinstall v2.00. One could of course just copy the v2.00 .exe before running the 1.11 patch then put the v2.00 file back in after.

Note though, that in any case, there will certainly be no reason to do a completely fresh install.

Perhaps someone else can confirm all this just to be sure (a second opinon is always superior to the one). Hope it was a clear enough explanation anyway.

Hi Guys,

First, this has only appeared once, when playing Whitmann's Demise. So it doesn't bother me. I do remember seeing a post about it in an earlier forum thread. Unless it continues, or starts to cause an issue, I won't spend the time trying to uninstall and reinstall patches.

Second for mj; it is not Photoshopped. The wound appeared after the Marder had a short exchange of gunfire with a Sherman III. No rounds hit the Marder, but one did come close. When I zoomed in to give it a move order, I spotted the wound. I thought it was interesting and posted it with the "SS Zombie Division" moniker for a laugh.

I'd reinstall as other issues could be going on aswell..not wise to carry on in my opinion.

I'm with Wodin on this. You want it absolutely clean so that when MG comes out you don't end up with even more odd behavior.

time to load game 20 minutes *

time to load 1.1 patch 5 minutes *

time to upgrade to 2.0 10 minutes *

having the game function corrrectly - priceless.

(* estimate only, timing can be directly influenced by quantity of alcohol consumed)

It's the generic neutral stance that is used for most 3d characters, if no animation is assigned they'll go into a stance like that as it's how the model was posed before animation coding commenced.

Most games use it you just won't see it unless something breaks in the animations.

You are correct.

I was just going to mention this, glad I saw your post.