Marder Crew

LiveNoMore,

Hmm. If it were the platoon commander, it would normally mean spread out, as in deploy from column to line abreast, but it becomes problematic when several are doing it. What's the fanaticism setting? That one guy would appear to be in "It's only a flesh wound" range." If it's a graze, then presumably his head was bent downward looking into the fighting compartment. Seems to me this is a strong argument for installing one of these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-up_display

That way, he could maintain situational awareness and not get a close haircut from a Sherman III. Whatever that is. Have absolutely no handle on British Sherman nomenclature--even after reading it several times.

Vergeltungswaffe,

Are you trying to kill me? Nearly choked from stifled laughter (very late, others nearby) after seeing your hand signal breakdown. Practically "The Joke That Killed."

Regards,

John Kettler

That one guy would appear to be in "It's only a flesh wound" range." If it's a graze, then presumably his head was bent downward looking into the fighting compartment.

I don't think that's a wound at all. That looks to me like the guy is using shoe polish to cover up his bald spot. No doubt he's a veteran of WW 1.

That wound is photoshopped...has to be.

If I recall correctly there is a head wound mod that could explain it. The way the mod works AFAICR is everyone gets a head wound - even the living. The only time it is visible in game is when a casualty's helmet comes off. Given that the issue causing the scare crow crew here is with the models if a hat or helmet is missing the wound would show in the "living" crew member.

having the game function corrrectly - priceless.

LOL I agree. @LiveNoMore: the last thing you want is to be the guy with a whole bunch of strange behaviour that only you experience and no one can help you fix. There is, without question, going to be some other issues that have not yet been identified that you could run into. And Murphy's law says you will.

The latest is 2.01 *not* 2.1. People keep calling it that but I strongly suspect that the market garden module will be 2.1 and then we will have lots of version number fun.

What I suggest is fresh install using the official install order (which I got from support when I had a different install problem recently):

Install order for 2.01

1. Install the base CMBN game. You should be at version 1.0.

2. Install the Commonwealth module. This will bring you up to version 1.10.

3. Install the 1.11 patch. Make sure to select BOTH 'Update CMBN' and 'Update Commonwealth Forces Module'.

4. Install the CMBN 2.0 Upgrade. You need to select ONLY the 'Upgrade CMBN + Commonwealth module'.

5. Install the 2.01 patch.

Adjust as needed if you do not have the CW module

I checked my settings and download history. I loaded V1.11 before V2.0 and V2.1. You guys are suggesting that I uninstall V2.0 and V2.1, reinstall V1.11, then reinstall the other two?

Just RUN the 1.11 patch then when done RUN 2.0 then RUN patch 2.01.

No need to uninstall anything.