Individual soldiers rushing far off on their own

I have a turn file here where in two (at least) separate cases, a squad (of Italian) that has been ordered to go somewhere is staying right where it is, all except for one man, who rushes off way ahead towards the enemy (in one case getting mown down without spotting who hit him).

I suspect it might be something to do with the fact that each squad is in the midst of other squads at the time? Ie every one is running through a courtyard (for example), more than one squad passing through at the same time. Just a guess - it does seem to apply in both cases.

Anyone want this turn file for a look (except my oppo :) )

GaJ

That's odd. In all my beta testing, I've only ever heard of spontaneous pixeltruppen desertions in the case of horrible commanders. It seems there's a feedback loop based on residual RAM use displaying AAR screens. If the player is really, really bad, some of their troops achieve a level of, well, sentience. Once they understand that they are tools in the hand of a maniacally incompetent tactician, these newly sentient troops tend to flee as soon as they can. Having limited options available to them, some seem to think that they can surrender to the AI and be sheltered by the CPU. This makes them run towards the enemy lines.

Are you saying this happens frequently when you play?

:)

PM me...

Ken

i get this behaviour on the odd occasions

MG team member crawls off a few hundred meters ,going someplace unknown

i ve had AT gun team members do similar

rarer still,rifle squad members wandering off

the unit icon in these cases,always appears halfway between the main group and the straggler

sometimes i can get them back in line with a new move order

but generally i dont notice them until they are quite some distance away

the unit icon in these cases,always appears halfway between the main group and the straggler

I had stragglers a couple times in BN. Usually it seemed to happen when one member of a team became lightly wounded. When I sent the team somewhere, he would lag behind maybe 50 meters or more. If I stopped the rest of the team, he would eventually catch up and reform with them and not lag behind any more as long as he wasn't tiring.

Michael

Ive seen this before a few times in CMBN. Not yet in FI. I've especially noticed it with German Pak 75 AT guns, often a crew member randomly wanders off somewhere. I also saw it stated before that he'll end up coming back, which isnt necessarily true, I've seen it happen both ways.

It's a bit like the Truck Driver network. I've got a truck driver who's "Broken". He's never even seen the enemy, but his buddy's truck got whacked about a mile away on the other side of a mountain.

I somehow doubt the Battalion commander is using his radio net to pass on the bad news... ;)