My favourite game

I MISS CMSF SOOOO MUCH!!! I've really got to hunt down my registration code and get the game running on my new machine. I see you've even got a bit of CM:Afghanistan in your clip. :D

LOL yeah I turned to Task Force Panther for a break. Even if they don't ever upgrade it, I still love the game.

Love the video Sergei, funny and a nice stroll down memory lane.

If the original was too depressing to watch, I have made an alternative cut. :)

Excellent! Very appropriate song in this one as well. But I find it somewhat depressing too, because it reminds me of all the stupid mistakes I make and at the instant there is a big explosion I indeed wish I could "Rewind". But like IRL you have to live with your mistakes and that is the beauty/horror of pressing "go" and watch a minute of action, and having no way of taking back a bad decision.

Ah, pity. I'm on an iMac and everything I've tried so far gives me a rubbish fps.

You can just use quicktime on OSX. Start quicktime and press ctrl-cmd-n (there's a menu entry too of course but I have it in german). The resulting film can be imported into iMovie.

I've done two or three small films so far but that worked without problems.

I had to do some small trick to capture sound too: for whatever reason QT would only capture from the microphone so I had to put in a small loop cable from the headphone jack to mic-in. There's also software - that I don't have - to do that.

...having no way of taking back a bad decision.

Of course there is. Save the turn at the beginning of the command phase before you press the big red button and if you don't like the way the action went, quit the game and reload the save. Then you can modify whatever you did wrong to your heart's content. Naturally, this isn't very honest...but who really cares about that these days?

Michael

You can just use quicktime on OSX. Start quicktime and press ctrl-cmd-n (there's a menu entry too of course but I have it in german). The resulting film can be imported into iMovie.

I've done two or three small films so far but that worked without problems.

I had to do some small trick to capture sound too: for whatever reason QT would only capture from the microphone so I had to put in a small loop cable from the headphone jack to mic-in. There's also software - that I don't have - to do that.

Ah, thanks Poesel - I'll give it a try.

Of course there is. Save the turn at the beginning of the command phase before you press the big red button and if you don't like the way the action went, quit the game and reload the save. Then you can modify whatever you did wrong to your heart's content. Naturally, this isn't very honest...but who really cares about that these days?

Michael

BLASPHEMER-HERETIC-BURN HIM,BURN HIM

Ah hang on that'll have to wait untill the fire gets put in. :D

Michael

I was going the honest way in my remarks. Never reload (well, almost :rolleyes:)