Disc arrived!

My CM:FI disc arrived yesterday, and it came with a very nice 111 page (counting the index) manual. This one is printed black & white in an easy to read typeface that is about 50% larger than the BN typeface. Another nice feature is that it is spiral bound so that you can set it down without losing your place. I am about halfway into it at the moment and am finding it very useful (it's perfect for propping up that short table leg, for instance :D ).

Michael

Great. I anticipate mine will be at the house when I get back. BFC/BTS products have always arrived quickly after shipping. It will give me something to do while I wait for a replacement SSD to arrive from Newegg.

Did your old one die?

It's important information that the manual format has improved. The CMBN manual was kinda not much better than pdfing.

This one is printed black & white in an easy to read typeface that is about 50% larger than the BN typeface.

That's great...now your nurse won't have to stay over to all hours shouting manual references to you!

Emry's (petrified ligaments snapping like a dry rotted banjo as he turns away from his monitor): "How do I move my units, again?"

Nurse:"PAGE 27...PLACE AN ADJACENT WAY POINT..."

Emrys: "Eh? The stool softener goes where?"

Mord.

P.S. Oh looky...I am one up on ya!

Is this the thread to complain about how superior the CMBN box is to the CMFI box?:D

Was wondering if anyone else would point that out. I was planning on sticking a nice CMFI box up on the shelf by my CMSF and CMBN cases (with East Front, CMSF2, etc in the future). I guess a man could have worse problems.

I got my disc in the mail today.

First off... the spiral-bound manual is a nice touch.

That said, though, I wasn't entirely enamored with the packaging. It's ultimately not a big deal, but why the switch from the larger CMBN steelbook case and the disregard for product-line consistency?

That said, though, I wasn't entirely enamored with the packaging. It's ultimately not a big deal, but why the switch from the larger CMBN steelbook case and the disregard for product-line consistency?

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind too. But my biggest gripe against the new packaging is that I found the box a bit hard to open. A pretty minor annoyance as long as there is no reason to be frequently opening it, I suppose. Still...

Michael

What a way to return from a 4 day weekend... CMFI Tin box waiting on the counter at home. That should go just fine with my new desk lamp, a commemorative Armistice Day 75mm shell turned into a lamp base. Just the thing for a wargamer geek.

Also got my Ammo Case....:P

Only problem is now I need a Hard Copy of Normandy.

A plain ole recordable DVD just don't look right.

Herr_Oberst used to have a Live A-10 30mm Gau-8 Round...:eek:

Someone ripped it off in one of my many moves..hope whoever stole

it is still in one Piece...;)

No Prisoners

I'm quite dissapointed with CMFI tin thingie. I took for granted that the format would be the same as the gorgeous CMBN one (my fault).

It seemed logical to me that all the collection would keep similar format so it looked nice on the shelves. I would've loved to proudly display it in mine.

I'm quite dissapointed with CMFI tin thingie. I took for granted that the format would be the same as the gorgeous CMBN one (my fault).

It seemed logical to me that all the collection would keep similar format so it looked nice on the shelves. I would've loved to proudly display it in mine.

+1. Indeed, sir!

• 2 weeks later...

Got it yesterday in Finland (EU). Custom took few more euros but it was easy and fast tolling with web (received packet next day).

Manual is great! Larger font, easy to read and spring notebook (spiral binding) style is fantastic. I'm sure this design will last much longer than older casual book. Easy to read while you play and it sits nicely on table.