CW gets a 96% at Armchair General

Ummm, I am not saying that CW doesn't deserve a 96% (well,...89% perhaps? ;) ). But MD has a good point when he says that the criteria for scores in the review are not clear at all, specially if we take into account the amount of game-module hours the reviewer seems to have (according to his comments).

Too bad the "usual suspects" flocked to a good review and spammed it. Shrug.

LOL...yeah...I see MD is there again. Does anyone see that this guy actually uses footage from the CMBN series to advertise his "Tactial Wargamer Journals?" He must like the game. Go up on youtube and check it out.

What puzzles me about the review is actually more the fact that they don´t seem to have done a proper review of the base game itself (they´ve done reviews for CMBN Touch, video tutorials, reviews for CMSF and CMA and so on. But CMBN?)

Ummm, I am not saying that CW doesn't deserve a 96% (well,...89% perhaps? ;) ). But MD has a good point when he says that the criteria for scores in the review are not clear at all, specially if we take into account the amount of game-module hours the reviewer seems to have (according to his comments).

it falls in line with previous reviews from Armchair General:

Combat Mission Shock Force: Marines - 95%

Combat Mission Shock Force: British - 92%

MD is just upset because BFC has still not suffered the wrath of god for abandoning CMx1. ;)

For someone who hates BFC so much, he does follow their products closely. He was the first to comment on the CMBN review as well.

MD is just upset because BFC has still not suffered the wrath of god for abandoning CMx1.

If you revisit the relevant posts that got Dorosh banned you'll see it was the other way around; pretty shocking stuff. It was he who got the boot. The guy has done everything short of sky writing to denounce BFC while simultaneously producing mods and scenarios (well received) for CMBN + CW. He should donate his brain to science.

LOL...yeah...I see MD is there again. Does anyone see that this guy actually uses footage from the CMBN series to advertise his "Tactial Wargamer Journals?" He must like the game. Go up on youtube and check it out.

I did. What a cheek! He is basically using footage of CM:BN to MAKE MONEY!! I guess he sees this as the ultimate two-fingered salute to BFC.

Well, it makes sense. His entire business model is essentially parasitic. Without CMx2 he'd just be sitting in a darkened room muttering to his farbed out mannequin. So it's somewhat natural any advertising would be parasitic too.

Well, it makes sense. His entire business model is essentially parasitic. Without CMx2 he'd just be sitting in a darkened room muttering to his farbed out mannequin. So it's somewhat natural any advertising would be parasitic too.

I knew eventually someone would bring up his mannequin. I stopped reading his posts when that bizarre factoid became forum fodder. With nearly 14,000 posts and a mannequin, it was clear that he was a bit "off."

Anyway, if Mr. Mannequin has a love/hate affair with Battlefront and CMBN then that's his issue.

Who is this MD guy and why is he so special around here?

Michael Dorosh - One of the most well known posters on the BF.C forums, and one of the most arrogant. He was extremely knowledgeable about WWII and one of CMx1's biggest fans - but was unable to make the transition to CMx2 from CMx1 and eventually got himself banned for his repeated knocking of CMx2 and total disregard for forum etiquette.

This is one of his memorable posts about his dislike for the CMx2 engine:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=74384

I wasn't around for all that past history -- but I noticed that just this past week, MD posted a useful and much-needed CW uniforms mod that gives us the entire British 44th and 46th brigades with accurate unit patches, etc. It's curious why he would go to all that trouble and upload it to the Repository if he hates CMx2 and BFC so much.

I wasn't around for all that past history -- but I noticed that just this past week, MD posted a useful and much-needed CW uniforms mod that gives us the entire British 44th and 46th brigades with accurate unit patches, etc. It's curious why he would go to all that trouble and upload it to the Repository if he hates CMx2 and BFC so much.

Well I read the post Cpl Steiner provided the link to and the term that comes to mind is Luddite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite

Many of his contentions turned out to be hopelessly wrong and the nuance that 1:1 provides in the tactical domain is something he just apparently (at least at the time of the posting) did not get. I can't say that understanding has improved in the reviews he has written since.

I hate to say anything not really knowing the guy, but there are two things going on here it seems.

1. A fundamental change in technology that altered a playing field he was very comfortable with and where he considered himself somewhat of an authority.

2. A distinctly separate item which has been alluded to numerous times here on the forum that I can not attest to knowing much if anything on the background. That is a certain level of distinctly anti social behavior. As I understand it that got him banned more than any issues about disagreement over CMx2. BFC seems to be extremely tolerant to disagreement as long as it stays within the bounds of reasonable discussion, cross that line and they will become intolerant fairly quickly. It is simply too destructive to the community.

I've dl'd the mods you noted and frankly it seems a shame that someone who really does seem to enjoy the game a lot can't seem to conform his behavior to a level acceptable enough to have been permitted to continue to be a part of the community. We all make our own choices and we have to live with them.

I for one am glad that I like yourself missed that whole period.

You can drag a laptop through the dense jungles of Papua New Guinea, show off CMBN to the amazed and hitherto isolated villagers you encounter and the first thing you see as they write a review on a stone slab is MD running along with a chisel in his hand to give his views beneath the article.

Although I wish people would stop caring about what Dorosh writes, that is hilarious. And probably true, sadly.