CW gets a 96% at Armchair General

Although I wish people would stop caring about what Dorosh writes, that is hilarious. And probably true, sadly.

Threads dominated by people talking about people talking about MD are scheduled for the CMx3 forums. Because by then it'll be impossible to distinguish the bots from the actual posters, making the process almost entirely painless.

scheduled for the CMx3 forums

Heh heh, I can already predict a good portion of what the CMx3 will be about"It wasn't like this in CMBN"

"Can we have action spots back"

"I liked the C and C system of CMx2 - why was it changed"

"The realistic modeling of antenna cababilities in CMx3 is too complex - in CMBN there were no dead spots and terrain didn't effect the ability of HQ's to contact their sub units - it's not fun anymore and IMHO the game is now unplayable. I cannot play it anymore Goodbye!"

" In CMBN hedgehogs stayed put and you could anchor your defences on them. The new ability of Combat Engineers to destroy hedgehogs in CMx3 has now totally changed the balance of gameplay and the game is now fundamentally flawed"

" Why can't we have those lines of C&C that we used to have in CMX1?"

"The Indirect Fire is wrong - fact - my artillery is nerfed and the UI's is too powerful - fix it"

"The xxx version of xxx vehicle had a fuel cover flap above the offside rear wheel - in CMx3 it's there I'll grant you - but it looks like it would open the wrong way - my immersion level has just receded and I cannot believe I spent xxx amount of currency on this piece of crap"

" I used to like the three man squads - whatever happened to them?"

"It's not fun anymore - I can't hear the screaming in my head"

Heh heh, I can already predict a good portion of what the CMx3 will be about"It wasn't like this in CMBN"

"Can we have action spots back"

"I liked the C and C system of CMx2 - why was it changed"

"The realistic modeling of antenna cababilities in CMx3 is too complex - in CMBN there were no dead spots and terrain didn't effect the ability of HQ's to contact their sub units - it's not fun anymore and IMHO the game is now unplayable. I cannot play it anymore Goodbye!"

" In CMBN hedgehogs stayed put and you could anchor your defences on them. The new ability of Combat Engineers to destroy hedgehogs in CMx3 has now totally changed the balance of gameplay and the game is now fundamentally flawed"

" Why can't we have those lines of C&C that we used to have in CMX1?"

"The Indirect Fire is wrong - fact - my artillery is nerfed and the UI's is too powerful - fix it"

"The xxx version of xxx vehicle had a fuel cover flap above the offside rear wheel - in CMx3 it's there I'll grant you - but it looks like it would open the wrong way - my immersion level has just receded and I cannot believe I spent xxx amount of currency on this piece of crap"

" I used to like the three man squads - whatever happened to them?"

"It's not fun anymore - I can't hear the screaming in my head"

rotflmao. I really ought to save this as a prediction of the future. Sadly it will likely be 100% accurate.

I don't see what all the fuss is about MD. I swear some of you are on BFC's payroll by the way you go after those who think this game can get better and pointing out a review scoring 96% is ridiculous. I'm interested to see what you guys would rate the game? I give it a 90% it seems all it needs is some polishing but without the polish I find it hard to play the way I want it to so I'll wait for the patch.

MD seems to have had some good points but, like Galileo, spouting unwelcome truths tends to upset the inquisition.

MD and Galileo in the same sentence? That would be funny in some other context maybe. As it is, it is simply sad...and a bit of an insult to Galileo. Not particularly about MD, but to demean Galileo into a discussion about personal opinions on game features.

I think he's referring to the mob mentality around here. Where it seems everyone just dog piles a person with a different view. Yes the inquisitors were the fan boys of their day.

[begin dogpile]

One man's "different view" is another man's "unsubstantiated BS". Happy now?

[begin dogpile]

One man's "different view" is another man's "unsubstantiated BS". Happy now?

Unsubstantiated BS haha..... what has he said that is unsubstantiated? Because I don't see anyone here refuting his claims the only thing I've read was that people think he's weird.

Does your copy of the game not have any of the problems that his does?

Hmm, the issue is not the veracity, rather the vitriole. There it a huge difference between pointing out that the Kar98k and Garand share(d) the same .wav file and stating that it would be an improvement to split them out from one another, versus stating that the lack of separate sound files for the two weapons proves that CMx2 is utter rubbish, should never have been brought to market, was only done to put a cheap buck in BF.C's pocket, and that every other game does it better.

In short, the individual in question has been madly grinding away at an axe. He has lost any credibility he may've once had. He no longer has an unbiased perspective. He is the anti-fanboi, the "hate-boi". He had done some good work for CMx1, but HATED the move to CMx2. This has colored every post he has made.

(And for the record, much of what he posts as "fact" is "opinion". The fact that it is his opinion does not make it correct, or true.)

It's a loss. His, not ours.

Ken

Unsubstantiated BS haha..... what has he said that is unsubstantiated? Because I don't see anyone here refuting his claims the only thing I've read was that people think he's weird.

Does your copy of the game not have any of the problems that his does?

Well done on understanding the difference between a specific point and a general explanation. Hopefully you're better at understanding sarcasm.

Just shoo, why don't you?

Is this really what we want to spend our time on? :confused: I'd rather a debate on the lack of oil leaks from the vehicles and what color they should be, or if timbered houses have nails included in their models and if so what kind of deflection characteristics might they cause. How about the lack of cow patties in the pastures and the potential for causing my pixeltruppen to slip.

I feel the need for thread lock......

You realize how bad that is? I am in total withdrawl from playing the game and my only outlet is this forum and even in that state this thread has become too silly to continue. Who gives a flying f**k what MD thinks? He's just another individual with an opinion. He's certainly entitled to it and if somehow he feels he still has some aura of authority that he has to put his stamp on every review out there, so be it. I ignore far more important stuff than that every day.

Oh crap, yes dear i did realize it was our anniversary....umm.... would you like some wine?

Is this really what we want to spend our time on? :confused: I'd rather a debate on the lack of oil leaks from the vehicles and what color they should be, or if timbered houses have nails included in their models and if so what kind of deflection characteristics might they cause. How about the lack of cow patties in the pastures and the potential for causing my pixeltruppen to slip.

Quite obviously, this is EXACTLY what is being simulated when playing in WeGo and your men slide the last few meters into position. ;)

Quite obviously, this is EXACTLY what is being simulated when playing in WeGo and your men slide the last few meters into position. ;)

Oh damn I thought they were wearing those shoes kids wear with the wheels on them, dang CM models so much it is awesome! Like... Awesome

too damn funny Thankds c3k!