Platoon Level Scenarios/QB

Hey all-

Been lurking the forums for some time now, absolutely love the game (as I'm sure most of us do). Anyway, my question:

Aside from 18 Platoon and Platoon Patrol (oh and Devil's Descent), does anyone know of any small engagements, either from the repository, or stock scenarios (I do have CW module)?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all-

my question:

Aside from 18 Platoon and Platoon Patrol (oh and Devil's Descent), does anyone know of any small engagements, either from the repository, or stock scenarios (I do have CW module)?

Thanks in advance!

Look for "A Royal Pain" coming soon to repository

Thanks, I'll have to check that one out. Being new to the series, commanding a battalion size force can get a little overwhelming (even using WEGO). I'm a vet of the old Close Combat series, and used to the familiar 30-40 troop engagements.

Dude, I've been playing CM since '07, and even I don't like commanding battalion-sized forces. ;)

I find my sweet spot is about a company (+) and a couple of pieces of armor.

often the scenario descriptions throw you off as well - I used to base my estimate of scenario sized off how many little soldiers were in the box on the scenario description (along with a picture for weather, attacking defending, etc etc)

however it seems that this box actually depicts map size and often scenarios I would never have played I played and they have the amount of troops I want, just with the great bonus of a big map to maneuvre on.

All too often the small scenarios have miniscule maps, which more or less locks you into one or two plans of attack..

Company (+) is my happy place as well, maybe a platoon of armor along with them for support/AT duties. The map needs to be large enough, but not so much as to get lost in it. I want to be able to have a couple options as to axis of attack, but want the battle to be joined in a decent amount of time as well.

IIRC The Outlaws is a campaign that generally has pretty small engagements. I need to finish that campaign some time, I really enjoyed what I played of it! :)

Sorry for my ignorance---what does it (IIRC) mean ? where can i find it to play this ? I've been playing the " Repository " campaigns and games--- since finishing the CMBN itself (terrific game) Thank you.

I also almost always play small/tiny battles. Small, short and violent firefignts works for me.

A company of infantry + armor & support at most, anything larger and I get overwhelmed.

I play WEGO, mostly against AI and love to watch the replays.

Please give us more small scenarios.

Thanks,

Hey all-

Been lurking the forums for some time now, absolutely love the game (as I'm sure most of us do). Anyway, my question:

Thanks in advance!

Hornet's Nest is platoon size scenario.

My favorites are somewhat under a company... a couple of platoons and a handful of other units. A company size game is nearly 50 units (U.S.) by the time you split into teams and throw in HQ's and weapons teams... too many for my attention span. The new larger scenarios with CW look nice, but I don't see myself ever playing them.

There are a few small battles for CMBN here:

Byte Battles

I can promote my small scenarios too:

La Meauffe - almost 1500 downloads and rated averaged five star by 18 people. Try and hopefully you like it.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1206

If you're looking for very small and fast scenario try Mouse Trap or Tiger's Day.

If you know more nice small scenarios that you like, plz tell. I'm eager to play smaller ones. I like few platoon size with reinforcements coming later up to a company or two but no more than that.

Personally, I don't believe that the scenario size in the description should be left to the scenario designer. It just becomes too subjective.

The game should calculate the size based on the number of units the designer has included.

IIRC The Outlaws is a campaign that generally has pretty small engagements. I need to finish that campaign some time, I really enjoyed what I played of it! :)

Thanks, Blucher! Glad you are enjoying "The Outlaws," I definitely enjoyed making it. After a little hiatus, I've been working on a new similar scale campaign.

I also agree between platoon - company sized battles are my favorite. they are best balance between manageability and scale.