CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

On 4/24/2021 at 1:18 AM, JM Stuff said:

Hi Mark

I will try to answer your question legibly ! ...

... I don't know if all was understandable but I don't know of another way to explain.

Aquila speaks about the helmet in his speech with the but I cannot find it again I will check in details.

Voili voila !

JM

Thanks JM, very clear I appreciate the time you have taken to explain this. I guess it’s probably more trouble than it’s worth - something for CM3 perhaps.

Does this also mean we can’t have Viking helmets? ...

zW0PHKy.png
😉

Sticking it Out no mods just standard. The most effective guy on the battlefield, Radio, Map and Binoculars. 25% of enemy casualties. Artillery Light on Long adjust when priority targets are spotted. Mortars were assigned to the Panther HQ. 

Binoculars.png

Edited by chuckdyke

16 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

LOL Okay, just for you ... I will wet my paint brushes once more ...

Ed8z7O7.jpg

I remember seeing this one in the old Jeu de Paume gallery back in 1980. It went missing when everything got transferred to the Musee d'Orsay. Now we know why.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

On 4/25/2021 at 8:06 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

I remember seeing this one in the old Jeu de Paume gallery back in 1980. It went missing when everything got transferred to the Musee d'Orsay. Now we know why.

I also remember it !!!

Another illustration of the leakage of works abroad which is a recurring theme of debate here 🙄

😁

On 4/25/2021 at 3:12 AM, Lucky_Strike said:

Thanks JM, very clear I appreciate the time you have taken to explain this. I guess it’s probably more trouble than it’s worth - something for CM3 perhaps.

Does this also mean we can’t have Viking helmets? ...

zW0PHKy.png
😉

Thanks Mark, I thinks I can do almost all what we could need, in case of helmets only, I have already 5 of my own creation not perfect but acceptable ! 

JM

38 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Thanks Mark, I thinks I can do almost all what we could need, in case of helmets only, I have already 5 of my own creation not perfect but acceptable ! 

JM

5 Viking Helmets ????? 😉

have you seen Lucky's 43 caps?  , it seems too rigid to me
could you "casser" them to make them more realistic ???

anyway it's better than the callot, more representative for Normandy

Edited by Falaise

2 minutes ago, Falaise said:

5 Viking Helmets ????? 😉

have you seen Lucky's 43 caps?  , it seems too rigid to me

one vicking Helmet is enough we can make a copy past 😆

No I dont saw it, but I guess knowing Lucky his job is always very nice and almost perfect !

There are more peoples to do good things on the forum I think to mJK and Frenchy...

i will take a look when I know where I can find it  !

JM

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

@JM Stuff7 post above !!!!🤣

@Lucky_Strike you don't have to worry about the m43 with the LW units?

210427075129572341.jpg

otherwise after a small modification since on "fire and rubble" they put an infantry attribute on the black armored m43 and by adding a wool effect, it's really nice

210427075515828972.jpg

Yes a NO GOOD append to me also sometime and this is not really easy to catch always your mistakes but happy that we have the textures to hidding it !

I am sure the hats are already in good hands (not mine) and will be presenting soon under a big smile to the community !

So don't worry you and you will have the wishing one.

JM

28 minutes ago, Falaise said:

what I would like is to give them a less rigid aspect
as for the "no good" I think the problem is neither in the texture nor in the mdr but in the name of the files !

Wait and see if somebody are take it already in the hand, this will be silly to do the same thing on the same time !

I am busy for the time with some others stuff but I could check it !

Tell me already where  can I found it ?

16 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Capri Ghia

What a ride! My uncle had one of those, I remember hitching a ride with him coming back from a cousin’s wedding, him do a ton twenty whilst making his rollie at the same time, then he’s falling asleep at the wheel with his rollie stuck to his lip and all the while the Ghia just purring along ... ahhh

8 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

one vicking Helmet is enough we can make a copy past 😆

No I dont saw it, but I guess knowing Lucky his job is always very nice and almost perfect !

There are more peoples to do good things on the forum I think to mJK and Frenchy...

i will take a look when I know where I can find it  !

Ooh sounds good, CM:VH* or am I muddling my mythologies ...

The Feldmutze it’s the Mutz Nutz mod - not really a mod more of a knockoff, can’t take any credit for the art, just a bit of file renaming for this one, anyone can try it.

Sure you’ve found it by now...

9 hours ago, Falaise said:

it seems too rigid to me

Yes thanks just how it looks in Fire & Rubens. I just renamed some files.

5 hours ago, Falaise said:

@Lucky_Strike you don't have to worry about the m43 with the LW units?

yes I see that there is a LW version and a Waffen SS version as well.

5 hours ago, Falaise said:

otherwise after a small modification since on "fire and rubble" they put an infantry attribute on the black armored m43 and by adding a wool effect, it's really nice

Ahhh, that’s better, they are very clean looking in Fire & Bubble.

3 hours ago, Falaise said:

what I would like is to give them a less rigid aspect
as for the "no good" I think the problem is neither in the texture nor in the mdr but in the name of the files !

Yes, agree, they need to be a bit creased and soft, but I think the 3D model is rigid.

Re: name of files - it’s a case of trial and error for some since we don’t have access to the originals in CMBN - they are hidden away, I couldn’t find them so had to try several times to get the names right.

2 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Wait and see if somebody are take it already in the hand, this will be silly to do the same thing on the same time !

JM, I only renamed some files and M. Falaise is doing a better job already 😄 There are also some more that have been done for CMFI, and I think MJKerner is making some for Gebirgsjäger, and kohlenklau might be doing some as well for his mega mods. He posted a link to the exploded Fire & Lego BRZs here

* Combat Mission Valhalla

19 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

yes I see that there is a LW version and a Waffen SS version as well.

@Lucky_Strike  @JM Stuff

This is where I realize that my English is not good because obviously nobody understands me
I'm like a teenager talking to his parents 😪

here are the changes I made

210428095055496017.jpg

WH panzer WH ATG SS and LW

I modifyed the Fire Bubble panzer file because it has an infantry attribute on a black background which is not good.

Greened the  M43 Atg because too gray for the version worn in Normandy

I modifyed the ss because it presents an eagle Heer rather than SS

Blueed the lw to stick to the Norman reality

I added some texture to give a wool effect.
So far everything is ok
the problem and I wanted to know from you Lucky if you also see it, it is with the Lw model
for some unknown reason the bmp of the m43 and the side cap appear simultaneously which seems surprising
here on the same image the two bmp appear! same crew yet
while i write i think i will double the bmp210428095801749245.jpg

and no guys, don't insist, i won't tidy up my room !!! 😁

Edited by Falaise

This is where I realize that my English is not good because obviously nobody understands me
I'm like a teenager talking to his parents 😪

Not at all, we mostly understand you 😉 Now stop shuffling your feet, and open your mouth when you talk!

infantry attribute on a black background which is not good

Good catch sir. That surely needs to be fed back to the F&RT bug team.

eagle Heer rather than SS

And again, we shall call you Eagle-Eye Falaise

for some unknown reason the bmp of the m43 and the side cap appear simultaneously

I only did the panzer crews, but I did see this on my Assault Gun crew when no bmps were changed but the mdr file was changed. They were picking up the new cap shape but there were no textures so they seemed to do something odd. I will have another look to see 👀 if it happens when I rename all the textures. 

and no guys, don't insist, i won't tidy up my room !!! 😁

No supper for you then ...