CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Here is a series of images with my August Normandy setting showing a good part of the Lucky strike mod. This option avoids the use of Shader that I do not like and also aims to have a homogeneous display even if you leave the level vision of the ground and that you gain height by avoiding the "plated" effect of the textures at mid height.

Our war correspondent, friend of Ernest Hemingway follows an American attack in August 1944,he uses a personal film in Kodak Color normally prohibited on the Western Front !!!

A Sherman progresses in a road...

210317015753537196.jpg

A classic portrait of a US infantryman awaiting engagement.

210317015757874743.jpg

The Shermans are making progress !! the photographer is hiding in a cereal field overgrown with cornflower flower

210317015758259305.jpg

By a breach in the hedges, he photographs an infantryman in the middle of the race.

21031701580578941.jpg

A sherman stopped at one end of a field of flax "rotting , ruissant in french". This culture is quite specific to Normandy

210317015803992697.jpg

Events are accelerating !! A combat group positions itself before the assault.

210317015815876418.jpg

The photographer decided to follow the attack as closely as possible

210317015811739668.jpg

A shooting breaks out at close range; a German grenade is visible in the back of the infantryman who fires! Luckily there is only one minor injury.

210317015810984908.jpg

While our reporter came to his senses, the attack progressed, the road is crossed

210317015823177846.jpg

210317015820681660.jpg

The battle calms down, a Sherman approaches, the tank commander no longer fears snipers.

210317015826391830.jpg

The last image! next to a typical Norman house and a barrier eaten away by lichens, a pierced Panther next to which lies one of the crew members.

210317015817121603.jpg

Great work @Falaise You’ve been busy!

I really like the drier look of this, high summer, less viridian, emerald, grass and sap, more olive, drab and ochre. Le Lin looks fabulous. We like. Especially like your GI through the breach in the bocage. 👏 Bravo!

Are you going to release this one? 🙏

Edited by Lucky_Strike
Carp speling

15 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Great work @Falaise You’ve been busy!

I really like the drier look of this, high summer, less viridian, emerald, grass and sap, more olive, drab and ochre. Le Lin looks fabulous. We like. Especially like your GI through the breach in the bocage. 👏 Bravo!

Are you going to release this one? 🙏

Yes only you gave so many possibilities that i didn't
  still over, even if the month of August is well advanced.
the idea is to use your mods as much as possible
like for example (don't look for @Vacilllator there is no smoke and no plot ;)) i use all flax mods

the same place  in june

210318062927768104.jpg

july

210318062928633680.jpg

august

210318062932454722.jpg

@IanLthe shadow play is nice on the 1st image, assault with 2 Sturmgewehr, it will bleed !!!:huh:

7 hours ago, Falaise said:

Yes only you gave so many possibilities that i didn't
  still over, even if the month of August is well advanced.
the idea is to use your mods as much as possible
like for example (don't look for @Vacilllator there is no smoke and no plot ;)) i use all flax mods

Those are very cool pics 😎 What flavour object does the ME wreck replace?

I guess we could use mod tags for the months, shame the game can’t do it automagically for us, would make life much easier... though it would mean a lot more textures to create, as there are in CMFI.

11 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Those are very cool pics 😎 What flavour object does the ME wreck replace?

I guess we could use mod tags for the months, shame the game can’t do it automagically for us, would make life much easier... though it would mean a lot more textures to create, as there are in CMFI.

I haven't replaced anything! I added using the @umlaut guide

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0g35it41bg7sskz/Adding+Extra+Flavor+Objects.doc/file

We can possibly tag them per month, then just go to the scenario editor and retag all the scenarios according to the month it happens
I am part of the players who like to replay scenarios several times and I sometimes change the mod to have a different atmosphere, so i change manually when i wanrt a new atmosphere!

Edited by Falaise

12 hours ago, Falaise said:

Argh ... more new stuff to learn, I think my brain is gonna melt ...

Thanks, I’ll add it to the list of stuff to check when I get time. Definitely adds a cool dimension to the game.

7 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

+1 I been searching my stash for this, think @Aragorn2002 is our fellow for this ...

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-infantry/cmbn-veins-cw-uniforms/

Who else than Vein? That giant of a man.

Edited by Aragorn2002

17 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Thank you sir. I’ve had that page open in a tab for a few days, just haven’t downloaded it yet, will get to it now I know it’s the right one ...

Edited by Lucky_Strike
Crazy auto correct ...

On 3/20/2021 at 12:47 AM, Lucky_Strike said:

Argh ... more new stuff to learn, I think my brain is gonna melt ...

Thanks, I’ll add it to the list of stuff to check when I get time. Definitely adds a cool dimension to the game.

I was not aware of how to add flavour objects either i must admit. One question if i add flavour objects to a scenario and uploaded it, would the new flavour objects be available to everyone who downloaded it?

My first thought is probably not, but thought i would ask

cheers

13 hours ago, slippy said:

I was not aware of how to add flavour objects either i must admit. One question if i add flavour objects to a scenario and uploaded it, would the new flavour objects be available to everyone who downloaded it?

My first thought is probably not, but thought i would ask

cheers

As I understand it the downloadee would need to have the same flavour object mod installed, then it should work, otherwise that cool-looking, downed ME109 might end up being an outside privy 💩