I am split between...

34 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Stay in the modern time with all the fancy toys to save your butt. You wouldn't last 2 minutes in the bocage, boy.. 😒

Nah, just kidding. If you're really into WW2, I think you should at least buy one of the CM WW2 titles.

I love bocage ther are o prominent in WW2 games  like steel division.

Btw which WW2 game do you recommend to go first?

5 hours ago, Ridaz said:

I love bocage ther are o prominent in WW2 games  like steel division.

Btw which WW2 game do you recommend to go first?

If you love infantry and bocage, then CMBN is the way to go. It also has a lot of user made content. Also there are some good campaigns that come with the game (Road to Montebourg and Scottish Corridor (Commonwealth module), among others).

If you prefer more long-range tank warfare, then one of the other titles is a better choice.

I have all the CM games, however I find that, for what ever reason,  CMSF is my favourite. But you really should try a World War 2 title, and as Bullet point has already said,  CMBN has the most content. It is a really good game. The CMBN Big Bundle, should you buy it, will give you everything at a savings of $50.00

10 hours ago, Ridaz said:

image.png.b1c6420e839ab2bcb93f03941b89773f.png

ooouuch  !

kind of looks like mine...That darn piece of leather should refill automatically when empty...imo ☺️...that would have been nice.

I agree with previous comments...If you can afford it. the Normandy big bundle will give you the most content...if you find the boccage appeling...Hell ! go for it...

A few small things that might be worth considdering though before jumping in (and buying Normandy).

- CMBN is one of the first titles to utilize the current game engine (CM2). Both scenario-design and the game engine itself have evolved somewhat since CMBN was originally released.

All titles have since been updated to run the latest engine...including CM Normandy...so no problem there.

However many of the scenarios included in the Normandy bundle was designed prior to the latest updates and does therefore not utilize them fully. The differences between the early CM Normandy scenarios and the later releases are not huge but both the skill-level of the scenario designers as well as the new features included in the game engine post CM Normandy release does show in the later releases...These are no MAJOR things by any means !!! but still...

- The community intrest in the Normandy game have been pretty limited lately compared to other titles imo and might become even more so in the near future. The other titles have additional BFC-content planed for release 'soon'...Normandy has not (as far as i know atleast)...These planed releases will most likely spark some new intrest in the affected titles and to some degree leave Normandy 'in the cold'. If you buy the Normandy bundle you will obviously get a sh...load of scenarios and campaigns to play... that will last you a very long time...

But you might not get all that many NEW...community-made scenarios (utilizing the latest game engines features)...as other titles might take priority as far as intrest amongst the community goes...

Here's a test.
Hand the game list to a friend and tell them to choose for you. Whichever title they pick ask yourself "Am I disappointed that they picked that one?" If the answer is yes that's an indication there is a title that you subconsciously really want to have. ;)

If you want my suggestion I'd pick CM:Final Blitzkrieg. Simply because you've already got the summer Eastern Europe terrain in CMBS and fall & winter Northern Europe is quite picturesque.

I would go with the region/period of WW2 that you are most interested in.  Battle of the Bulge interest _ can't go wrong with FB.  Normandy to Arnhem - CMBN big bundle - tons of content by adding CW and MG in the bundle.  Campaign for Italy your thing - FI/GL is fun and there is a third module in the works.

I go with your "favorite" part of WW2. 

As you can see we all agree about which is the right game for you to buy................................:rolleyes:   The truth is you will be satisfied with which ever one you choose. They are all good....................and after all the suggestions at least let us know which one you did buy!!!

Edited by z1812

13 hours ago, MikeyD said:

If you want my suggestion I'd pick CM:Final Blitzkrieg. Simply because you've already got the summer Eastern Europe terrain in CMBS and fall & winter Northern Europe is quite picturesque.

Normally I prefer earlier years of WW2 where the Axis forces had not been so beaten beforehand. But Final Blitzkrieg surprised me in the quality and variety of the maps, as well as the amount of vehicles included. Almost as if it already comes with an addon pack. I suppose it got the benefit of all models that were already prepared for the other WW2 games. So when on a budget this seems like a good candidate.

I don't like the summer colors of Normandy. They are too saturated and bright IMHO. But that could easily be changed with a mod.

@Kevin2k - I think that CMFB is a great game but the problem is the absolute dearth of user made scenarios and campaigns for it, which is pretty surprising given the clamour for the title. A quick look at TSD III lists two campaigns and nine scenarios. While I'll admit that the bundled content is great quality, it doesn't take long for a keen player who owns no other titles to work their way through it all. That said I agree with most folks here - @Ridaz should go with what interests him most.

I was not aware of the lack of user scenarios for CMFB, that is a part of the games I haven't tried much yet. But you are right that it matters.

Actually I can entertain myself with small Quick Battles trying out different forces for a long time. But would not dare suggest that punishing the AI in this way is much of challenge compared to well scripted scenarios or human opponents.

On 12/14/2018 at 12:56 AM, Ridaz said:

...choosing to buy the new CMSF 2 or any of the WW2 CM games. I already own black sea which is great but I am really into WW2 and reading alot of WW2 warfare books but CMSF 2 looks too awesome and I love modern warfare too. HELP ME!! 

Some thoughts… CMSF1 was Great but CMSF2 is Awesome! Kudos to Battlefront and crew for bringing CMSF into Version 2.0 Game Engine 4.0. 👍 Feels like a new experience but with old friends. There is a healthy amount of old CMSF1 user made material available as well.

I prefer modern warfare more than WW2. Since you own CMBS (one of my top favorites) you may consider WW2 to experience the differences. WW2 CM games are tremendous fun but slower …  not as instantly lethal as Modern can be. WW2 CM are the most historically accurate games you can purchase. Test yourself in WW2 with authentic units and equipment and enjoy the results.

CMBN BIG BUNDLE = The largest WW2 game available with the largest selection of user made scenarios campaigns mods.

“I love bocage…reading a lot of WW2 warfare books”  = You should consider CMBN.

CMFI + Gustav Line BUNDLE = WW2 in a more open environment and mountains. Multi National forces makes for interesting mix of forces.

CMRT = Red Thunder was a delightful surprise for me. I began to better understand the non US perspective on WW2. Impressive Large Battles.

BFC’s description is accurate : “the hard fought Eastern Front battles of Bagration and Poland, from the swamps of Belarus to the gates of Warsaw during the summer of 1944. Experience the most balanced period of tactical warfare on the Eastern Front… most interesting ground combat of the entire war. ”

CMFB = Final Blitzkrieg is a beautiful game … graphically and in units and equipment. As MikeyD correctly noted, “ fall & winter Northern Europe is quite picturesque.”

BFC’s description is accurate :  “The Ardennes, France, Germany, and Holland from October 1944 through the end of January 1945. Painstakingly researched and highly detailed combat equipment for the United States Army, German Heer, Waffen-SS, and Fallschirmjäger, includes well over 100 types of vehicles and dozens of small arms and heavy weapons.”

My last Holiday comment based on the information you provided … Get the BIG WW2 enchilada” =CMBN BIG BUNDLE

All forces, battles, and campaigns found in CMBN Base Game

All forces, battles, and campaigns found in CMBN Commonwealth Forces Module

All forces, battles, and campaigns found in CMBN Market Garden Module

All new vehicles found in CMBN Vehicle Pack

All forces, battles, and campaign found in CMBN Battle Pack 1

Hope this Helps you Ridaz.

You will not be disappointed with any WW2 Combat Mission but when you tally up ALL the game in this CMBN big bundle… you will be playing WW2 for a long long long time with many days of FUN ahead. 

Buzz "Happy Holidays" 

Disclosure: My comments above are from playing the games for 16 years (even back in CMBO/BB/AK days). Think of game purchases with Battlefront as ‘investments’ in FUN & Happiness over years. Your initial game purchase is enhanced by the company’s commitment to maintaining and improving their products over years. Battlefront’s games won’t be abandoned next year. Access to user made scenarios, campaigns, mods, advice, etc. is an added value to their great products.

2 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

I don't like the summer colors of Normandy. They are too saturated and bright IMHO. But that could easily be changed with a mod.

If you have an Nvidia card, you can also go into the Nvidia controls and reduce the "digital vibrance" a bit. I did that, and I find it helps a lot. Colours are less winegum-like now, both in this and other games.

I'm sure AMD has something equivalent.