Kieme's modding corner

There's only really one question about these mods, if they're great, or the greatest mods.

Out of mild curiosity, speaking as a former AJE5, what did you do, sir, ask them?

"AJE5?"

And yeah.  I did.  I asked them if they liked the old name.  They were pretty apathetic about it.  I asked for ideas for a new name, only the driver had one (he wanted to name the tank after himself, when told no/his last name didn't start with a D, he just added "D" to the front of his name).  I suggested Darwinian Selector, they seemed pretty happy with it minus the driver who caved in after no one wanted to name the tank D'Smith (name changed to protect the guilty). 

Yay! BTR-based Russian vehicles!

Super-duper.

Thanks also for the weathering on US uniforms.

Man, this thread is like a daily peak under the Christmas tree to see what Santa brought!

Edit:

Kieme, I checked the T-72 and the color seems to be quite light--kinda' like stock. Is that necessary for the weathering effect? If not, my vote would be to have the color stay like BTR's, but add the weathering on top.

Thanks again!

Edited by Macisle

Thanks for the feed-back.

After reviewing the tank today I have decided to make another version with a darker tone, it's not a big deal because it can be done in no time.

I stick with the desaturation because, in any case, darkening saturates the color already. Looking at it should be the original BTR's green.

T-72B3 - darker green color optional

This option changes the colors of the original T-72B3 mod into a darker tone.

Download:

https://app.box.com/s/akgz9isilqy1xuila6uergp8qdymg1sd

Preview:

ercpp3.jpg

How to install: if you prefer this version please download the original T-72B3 mod, then copy the contents of this download into the previous T-72B3 mod folder and overwrite the files.

Work in progress for something different, a 3-tone camo on the T-90A (still missing the smaller black patches):

xbcviq.jpg

Not easy to add camo on the T-90, as for the T-64 Bulat, the ERA blocks are not one different than another, and some texture bits are used for both elements of the couple (example: shtora emitters), so, unfortunately, I can't paint only one of them.

I am sure to release both the standard green version and this camo one. Both with the same weathering.

Kieme CMBS T-90A

This mod starts with BTR 's research and conversion of russian vehicles into a realistic green color, so all credits shall go to him as the author of the original texture, which is in my opinion a great digital version of the original modern russian green, therefore special thanks to him and his work.

I decided to try the most famous russian 3-tone camo. Mixed feelings about it, it's quite hard to get the right sand color and this is only an attempt; besides, the game textures are not really camo friendly, you can't get exactly what you want, some compromise is necessary... Speaking of compromises, the side skirts should be Painted as well, I left them in black rubber because my techniques do not allow me to get the same sand/green colors on them, so note this as a necessary compromise.  

IMPORTANT

there are TWO versions of this mod. You must choose only ONE of them to install. They cannot work toghether. Therefore, please make your choice: plain dark green or 3 tone camo. The weathering is the same for both.

Plain dark green download: https://app.box.com/s/10ws24qpg2ocoxhf73dehcxfd66ebnl1

Preview:

2h4yzuu.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-tone camo download: https://app.box.com/s/h97wmn4yhonwqzoxvteis394jy3l0436

Preview:

2we9yc0.jpg