How do I move way points?

Question: why is this important? Just backspace delete the last way point and plop down another one.

Because it speeds up turn planning and adds more precision to your movement.

I've found that having to re-plan an entire route is kind of a PITA. It was much easier in CMx1.

If I had a list of enhancements this would be in the top ten.

It was/is a nice thing to have.

the reason i would like this feature is i like to select a group and set a generic move action, then rearange it for each unit. its just quicker that movinging back and forwards with the camera and reslecting the units e.c.t. it would be nice, but its not essential i guess :(

Not in the CMx2 releases.

Question: why is this important? Just backspace delete the last way point and plop down another one.

If I had a list of enhancements this would be about #96.

Sure, if you only plot one move ahead at a time.

For WEGO, that would mean lots of potentially under utilized time per turn. After I have plotted 4 way points and then realize that way point #2 needs to be tweaked, it is a PITA to have to re-plot 3 and 4.

One of the reasons that I think this doesn't get more attention in the CMx2 series is that they did away with command delays. I, for one, would really like to have them back. But, because now deleting a set of way points back to zero and then re-plotting isn't costing the player in terms of a command delay, it is seen as not a problem.

I disagree with another poster that this is probably high on BF's list, based on my perception that CMx2 has been out for a good while and this hasn't been addressed, but has been brought up multiple times. Perhaps it cannot be implemented because of the addition of RT as a playing option. Perhaps BF anticipated that the majority of players would migrate to RT from WEGO. I have been trying both and so far I see no advantage to RT over WEGO, if you take the time to learn how to maximize your movement in the 60 seconds per turn.

But that is my style of play.

Before others pooh-pooh the idea of editable way points, please play through a scenario in WEGO mode, if you have not already done so, and you will see why it would be helpful to have.

It is a funny thing, but I am still often finding myself saying that I find it more difficult to move my units with precision in CMx2 vs CMx1, despite the fact that we have better resolution of the terrain. Hopefully this will go away as I play even more CMBN than I did CMSF.

But that is my style of play.

Before others pooh-pooh the idea of editable way points, please play through a scenario in WEGO mode, if you have not already done so, and you will see why it would be helpful to have.

Maybe I'm just not that meticulous. I do play WEGO and don't see much of a chore factor.

Don't get me wrong, it would prove useful- sometimes. But BF has a lot on their plate and I think we'd prefer they'd address some of the alleged anomalies others have posted about. Too bad this forum doesn't support polls.

Because of the lack of command delay, redoing waypoints means nothing, unlike CMx1, where it would have cost you much more delay time. So no, he's not kidding.

"Means nothing" except having to redo all subsequent waypoints. I wouldn't repeat what others have pointed out except you seem to have missed 'em.

Nope: you have to move its waypoints again!

I totally subscribe to having all waypoints draggable again as they were in CMX1, and possibly adding the command delay variable would add a further touch of realism... In big scenarios with lots of units it would become quite nightmarish if you have to re plot all waypoins after deleting them...

Please.

Not in the CMx2 releases.

If I had a list of enhancements this would be about #96.

You're kidding, right? I very much miss this feature from CMx1 and would definitely put it in my top ten things that need to be added to CMBN.

Because of the lack of command delay, redoing waypoints means nothing, unlike CMx1, where it would have cost you much more delay time. So no, he's not kidding.

Have you ever planned and plotted moves for a armoured company on a street?

And have you ever had units suddenly needing the same street to drive in the other direction? :eek: