Game downloaded, installed, 21 scenarios and 5 campaigns - hooray!

Yay for a download server that could handle a 25 Mbps connection. Download took about 7 minutes.

Before I plunge into a game, does anyone want to play a PBEM game blind?

Just pick any scenario you haven't played, and let's go!

Off to check the Quick Battle goodness! Yay!! 80 QB maps. Hooray!

Oh, wow.

The QB force selection is anything but quick. What a huge level of choices. It's incredible. A tip of the hat to whomever spent all the time getting an accurate TOE and choosing what to include and not include as well as assigning points to everything.

I forsee much debate over whether the point values were chosen properly.

Oh, wow.

The QB force selection is anything but quick. What a huge level of choices. It's incredible. A tip of the hat to whomever spent all the time getting an accurate TOE and choosing what to include and not include as well as assigning points to everything.

I forsee much debate over whether the point values were chosen properly.

The unit selection process can feel a bit backwards at first, but after you get the feel for it and you are familiar with the formations it'll be a breeze.

Recent post from Moon:

I can confirm that the release date will NOT be May 20.

What will happen is this (it's how these things always work here at Battlefront):

1) all pre-order customers will receive an email that their downloads are enabled (make sure to whitelist sales@battlefront.com in your email program! If you entered your email incorrectly during the order process, you're screwed )

2) one of the pre-order customers will ignore the friendly plea to NOT post on the forum that they are already downloading (this happens usually within 2 seconds after the emails go out), and will start a thread here saying something like "OMG OMG OMG I AM DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!"

3) the official release announcement will go up on the front page a couple of hours later, and the pre-order offer will be removed, and replaced with the usual "Download Only", "Mail Only" and "Download&Mail" options.

The latter, btw, still include a very few Steelbooks (we may run out today, though). We're almost out (and the only reason we are not out yet is because a stock count revealed that we have received more Steelbooks than we had ordered, for no extra charge. Thank you Scanavo )

Martin

Thanks guachi, great work.... first and second points fulfilled....

"Only" 80 QB maps? This is NOT a complaint AT ALL, just confused because Steve or someone mentioned over 300 maps. Or did that number include those for future modules?

Anyway, I'm patiently waiting for the d/l to finish...and I'm off work for the rest of the week to boot!

Thanks BFC!

Behold the vision of Nostradamus!!!

:D

"Nostradamus prophesied in Century 10, Quatrain 67: "combattre la mission au-delà de Normandie" shall rise from the battlefront on the day of the second full moon of Spring in the year of the "laden bin" collapsing.

Thus it must be a release date of May 17th."

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1255507&postcount=36