Game downloaded, installed, 21 scenarios and 5 campaigns - hooray!

Behold the vision of Nostradamus!!!

:D

"Nostradamus prophesied in Century 10, Quatrain 67: "combattre la mission au-delĂ  de Normandie" shall rise from the battlefront on the day of the second full moon of Spring in the year of the "laden bin" collapsing.

Thus it must be a release date of May 17th."

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1255507&postcount=36

Good call .... 33% and counting ....

OPSEC around here is not as good as it was in Arnold's governor's mansion, obviously :D

Non-preoder customers are not going to have to wait long. Not long at all.

Steve

They should give the CIA to Arnold, Make Petreaus the big dog at the Pentagon. I don't know if our Austrian friend has ways of making people talk, but his methods for keeping them silent must be truly frightening.

I am babbling like this because my download has said a hour to go four an hour and a half now.

Ahh.. I think I understand where my QB map total mistake was. I picked "attack" and it gave me nothing but maps labeled Attack blah blah blah.

I'm guessing the map choices are based on the type of game you choose to play? And that if I chose meeting engagement I'd get other map choices and that's why I only saw 80 maps.

so... 80 Attack QB maps?

Ahh.. I think I understand where my QB map total mistake was. I picked "attack" and it gave me nothing but maps labeled Attack blah blah blah.

I'm guessing the map choices are based on the type of game you choose to play? And that if I chose meeting engagement I'd get other map choices and that's why I only saw 80 maps.

so... 80 Attack QB maps?

80 of whatever other items you included I assume. Size, terrain type etc. I am guessing if you check the actual folders you can see all the maps available.

...And saving my game and going back to the QB editor gives me -

69 Meeting Engagement maps

84 Probe maps

80 Attack maps

84 Assault maps

That gives me 307 QB maps (numbers might be off a bit. there are A LOT OF MAPS). Sorry to have confused anyone.

I'm glad I was wrong, because that means maps specifically designed for the type of battle we choose to play. Hooray!

I'm getting horrid download rate with my 24 Mbit connection.

Should I stop and start again? Or, just go get a pizza?

I'm getting 112 kB/sec :(

Update: I did both and I'm glad I did. The pizza was great and restarting up'd my download to 2.7 mB/sec. 7 min download :)

...And saving my game and going back to the QB editor gives me -

69 Meeting Engagement maps

84 Probe maps

80 Attack maps

84 Assault maps

That gives me 307 QB maps (numbers might be off a bit. there are A LOT OF MAPS). Sorry to have confused anyone.

I'm glad I was wrong, because that means maps specifically designed for the type of battle we choose to play. Hooray!

Actually, the terrain on some of those maps may be identical but the objectives etc. will be moved. So there's less than 300 - but there's still a lot.

Nostradamus predicted all the major events in history, so of course the release of CMBN had to be in there!

:)

It's been something like 8 years since CMAK came out so this really is a major event!

We already covered that. Though the date was a bit off!

Recent post from Moon:

I can confirm that the release date will NOT be May 20.

What will happen is this (it's how these things always work here at Battlefront):

1) all pre-order customers will receive an email that their downloads are enabled (make sure to whitelist sales@battlefront.com in your email program! If you entered your email incorrectly during the order process, you're screwed )

2) one of the pre-order customers will ignore the friendly plea to NOT post on the forum that they are already downloading (this happens usually within 2 seconds after the emails go out), and will start a thread here saying something like "OMG OMG OMG I AM DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!"

3) the official release announcement will go up on the front page a couple of hours later, and the pre-order offer will be removed, and replaced with the usual "Download Only", "Mail Only" and "Download&Mail" options.

The latter, btw, still include a very few Steelbooks (we may run out today, though). We're almost out (and the only reason we are not out yet is because a stock count revealed that we have received more Steelbooks than we had ordered, for no extra charge. Thank you Scanavo )

Martin

Thanks guachi, great work.... first and second points fulfilled....

Well I wouldn't post that the preorder was available for download publicly "in my own best interest" but the title of the mail from Battlefront was "Your Battlefront.com Pre-Order Download is ready!" so I DIDN'T even read it and simply kicked of my download from the pre-order purchase mail months ago (which I had been trying daily in case they screwed up and I somehow made it through). I doubt if 1 in 100 people actually read the friendly plea.

In my defense, I didn't post that I was downloading the game. I posted that I HAD ALREADY downloaded the game and was playing around with it.

what i was wondering was - why if you have the game are you not busy playing it rather than taunting us all repeatedly with the fact that you have it.. what kind of sick mind..... :D

Would love to hear some Mac players experiences...ESPECIALLY old guys like me that have less than state of the art systems. I have an older MacBook Pro with the X1600 ATI video card and 256MB of memory and no prospect of upgrading this year. I played the demo on Bootcamp and XP with no problems...sorry don't have 10.6 yet...that's next. But would like to know how it runs, I will be getting 10.6 later this week....

Would love to hear some Mac players experiences...ESPECIALLY old guys like me that have less than state of the art systems. I have an older MacBook Pro with the X1600 ATI video card and 256MB of memory and no prospect of upgrading this year. I played the demo on Bootcamp and XP with no problems...sorry don't have 10.6 yet...that's next. But would like to know how it runs, I will be getting 10.6 later this week....

I ran the demo on my first generation unibody 13" MBP the other night over the LAN versus my new iMac (my oldest son vs his old man) and followed the settings recommended in the guide and it ran really well. I turned off shadows and otherwise, it ran very nicely.

We already covered that. Though the date was a bit off!

Yeah, that's the problem with those prophesies! They're too hard to decipher until AFTER the event has occurred!

:D

Still, if Nostradamus had seen visions of CMBN, I'm sure he was forever depressed, knowing he'd never get the chance to play it!

:)

I have an older MacBook Pro with the X1600 ...

Grunt GI. I'm on a bootcamped imac x1600 ATI card w 256 memory running Windows XP... and I'm part of the develoopment team! :D

Just turn some of the graphics card options down a bit and it should run like a dream. The demo's the game, if you can run one you can run the other.