A poll ... how fast will the first complaints roll in?

So, regardless of what day it makes it's appearance and someone's managed to download and install it, how soon do you think it's going to be before the first complaint topic gets started on these forums?

Can be any type of complaint ... bad artillery aiming, buggy gameplay, poor models, can't plays Brits?, wrong number of lugnuts on the second rear wheel of whatever model of PzIV you're nutty about, unable to install correctly, video card complaints, etc ... but will be characterized by whining and complaining that the world is now unfair and BF have no clue what they're doing, etc etc.

1. Less than 15 minutes.

2. Less than an hour.

3. BF will get at least a three hour break from dealing with us lot.

4. Within 12 hours.

5. At least a day.

6. Release? Hell, I'm planning to complain about something in the demo.

7. What? The current list of grievances we've been whining about for weeks pre-release don't count?

What say the forum members?

I'd plump for #6. TBH, I think the vast majority of folks will be more than happy with what they get. I'm sure there will be a good humoured 'complaint' very soon after the release as well, just to be first :D But there are a small number of folks who have been sharpening their knives in anticipation as well.

Months ago already there was a bug thread. Here's my contribution thereto:

Anti-vehicle stormtrooper equipped with AT4 instead of Merr-Sonn PLX-4 missile launcher. But the real bug is that the terrain is CM:SF-style rather than dense Endorian redwood forest.

Ewok_Killer_Pt__2_by_Velox_Mortis.jpg

:D

I think complaints are unreasonable unless one presents a valid argument as constructive feedback in critiquing something that could be improved. There will always be personal preference to certain things. What is better chocolate, or vanilla? There is no right answer.

All in all i think people should be happy overall with CMBN especially if they have played CMSF. There are still tweaking, and feature to add, and things to get used to if one is not familiar with Cmx2, but it is still the best thing out there in this genre bar none.

I expect the first 12 hours will be raving and/or cautiously optimistic praise.

At about 13 hours the first well intentioned "lets put all bug reports here" thread will surface.

At 13 hours and 13 minutes the bug* that the beta testers somehow missed will be reported.

At 13 hours 20 minutes an argument about said bug will break out.

At 24 hours the first "The game is broken when is the patch?" thread will be posted.

*Bug may or may not be significant.

So, regardless of what day it makes it's appearance and someone's managed to download and install it, how soon do you think it's going to be before the first complaint topic gets started on these forums?

Can be any type of complaint ... bad artillery aiming, buggy gameplay, poor models, can't plays Brits?, wrong number of lugnuts on the second rear wheel of whatever model of PzIV you're nutty about, unable to install correctly, video card complaints, etc ... but will be characterized by whining and complaining that the world is now unfair and BF have no clue what they're doing, etc etc.

1. Less than 15 minutes.

2. Less than an hour.

3. BF will get at least a three hour break from dealing with us lot.

4. Within 12 hours.

5. At least a day.

6. Release? Hell, I'm planning to complain about something in the demo.

7. What? The current list of grievances we've been whining about for weeks pre-release don't count?

What say the forum members?

Lol, probably within about 15 minutes someone will arrive complaining that they cant download the game, or that its going to take 27 hours.

Then possibly there will be guys asking where their hard-goods are as they cant download the game.

Of course, it all depends on what YOU view as a complaint and someone else views as a legitimate problem in the game.

For instance I could say 'I hate this game, it sucks because there's no SS'. Wouldn't be legitimate in my eyes as I already know that there's no SS and Id just be whining.

If however I said, 'Ive noticed that Panzerschreks always get a first shot kill from 350 meters', that would be pointing out a design flaw and not necessarily a complaint.

What Im more interested in is the reaction to the legitimate rather than the whining.

Cheers

At about 13 hours the first well intentioned "lets put all bug reports here" thread will surface.

At 13 hours and 13 minutes the bug* that the beta testers somehow missed will be reported.

At 24 hours the first "The game is broken when is the patch?" thread will be posted.

This sounds pretty accurate.

I think you are being rather optimistic. Chop those number by about one third and I think you'll be on track, though I might expect the first "this game is broken" post to hit the frum within 12 hours.

Well people are already complaining about "Why isn't it out yet?" and on top of that threads to the effect of "How far away can the CW* module be?" are already appearing.

So you need an option for complaints already posted.

* BTW this module has already attracted flak for who will / wont be in it.

I think complaints are unreasonable unless one presents a valid argument as constructive feedback in critiquing something that could be improved. There will always be personal preference to certain things. What is better chocolate, or vanilla? There is no right answer.

All in all i think people should be happy overall with CMBN especially if they have played CMSF. There are still tweaking, and feature to add, and things to get used to if one is not familiar with Cmx2, but it is still the best thing out there in this genre bar none.

The disks are too round.

From reading the posts here for the last year, the question is how fast does it take to be the first person to download and start up the game and then log on (to post a complaint)?

I dunno how Steve and the others have handled it over the last 10+ years - hope they have access to good psych counselling.

I would have been a major employer of ex-vet mercenary hit squads by now lol.

Lol, probably within about 15 minutes someone will arrive complaining that they cant download the game, or that its going to take 27 hours.

Then possibly there will be guys asking where their hard-goods are as they cant download the game.

Of course, it all depends on what YOU view as a complaint and someone else views as a legitimate problem in the game.

For instance I could say 'I hate this game, it sucks because there's no SS'. Wouldn't be legitimate in my eyes as I already know that there's no SS and Id just be whining.

If however I said, 'Ive noticed that Panzerschreks always get a first shot kill from 350 meters', that would be pointing out a design flaw and not necessarily a complaint.

What Im more interested in is the reaction to the legitimate rather than the whining.

Cheers

The thing is that sometimes people post Panzerschrecks are over powered, they always get the first shot kill from 350m, after one lucky shot :D.