Release Date. Seriously.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol this brings back memories of 1999 waiting , but hey be comfortable before you release it, but from a personal perspective pls give an indication ie: it wont be this week or looking at towards the end of the first week of May because I keep checking these damned boards I am drawn towards them I cant control it and then give us the demo that will shut us up for a couple of weeks/days while its finished.

Wodin "Patience is a virtue...constantly asking release dates is pointless...it will be released when it's released....

People need abit of balance in their lives......."

I know what you are saying and its right but from my point of View it would be nice to loose myself in this as a distraction after the february earthquakes here in Christchurch ... I mean something even a small as a great new game coming out is a welcome distraction ... last night for example we got banged by a 4.1 quake around 9PM (aftershock) may not seem like much but very close 5km away and shallow only 4km deep the house shakes and rocks and roll creaks the heart rate races you debate where to go and the it eases off .. then the bitch a few seconds later hits us with another one which gets you going even more. All this has being going on since the initial quake last September 7.1 then the 6.3 in Feb ... enough is enough already the nerves are getting frayed :)

Sorry to ramble buts its good to vent .. what this one is like is if you went to a door opened it a few cm and the slammed it as quick as you can a dozen times and the stop you get what its like no warning no nothing goes for 10 seconds or so and stops.

Again thanks for letting me ramble it feels better if a blokes getting sick of it imagine what the wife and kids are like

Take care all

ok.. so not having read every thread hear, what I glean is there is no published date? correct?

hope its soon as this looks GREAT!

Posted by BF on April 20th ... "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release within the next 14-21 days."

Make of that what you will. (Back to reading the manual now).

It seems Iron mode is rather less than it might have been.

_Real_ Iron mode would only let you look from the perspective of a friendly unit. I wonder why they stopped short (way short) of that?

Have you tried playing Iron in CMSF by any chance? I find just managing the C2 sides of things to be a real challenge. You don't get visual contact with own units, unless you actually spot using the more or less the same rules as spotting the enemy. And if C2 is broken, you can forget about artillery support, info sharing or any command bonuses.

It seems Iron mode is rather less than it might have been.

_Real_ Iron mode would only let you look from the perspective of a friendly unit. I wonder why they stopped short (way short) of that?

No, *REAL* Iron mode involves breathing through a straw while upside down in a pool using only your toes to move a ball mouse from the 90's that's attached to a metal plate on the ceiling with a magnet and the monitor is facing the other way and reflected in a glass vase in the shape of an exploding tooth.

No, *REAL* Iron mode involves breathing through a straw while upside down in a pool using only your toes to move a ball mouse from the 90's that's attached to a metal plate on the ceiling with a magnet and the monitor is facing the other way and reflected in a glass vase in the shape of an exploding tooth.

Have you been spying on me ?

OK, nobody's said it, so I will. IF you go by the theory that BFC would probably want to release the game on a Friday (Friday Bones & letting everyone have a weekend to play with it, etc.), and IF you believed BFC meant it when they said "around the end of April", and IF last Wednesday's announcement was really supposed to have said 7-21 days, then releasing the Manual on a Tuesday can ONLY lead to one, certain conclusion...I don't know when the f**k it's going to be released.:D