Release Date. Seriously.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm never sure if Steve's daily posting pace is good news (his part is done! :) ) or a bad (game is still weeks away :( ).

Anyway, is going "Gold" still the CMBN project's penultimate milestone like it was way back in the Dark Ages of CMBO's CD-ROM?

Glenn

Every time Steve has to post in a "are we there yet?" thread, the game gets delayed an hour. Think before you post.

I stopped in here to see if there was "Franko's Rules of Release Dates", or somefink :)

When the demo comes out the game should be right behind it. That will give you a warning shot across the bow, so to speak.

And no, I'm not going to tell you when the demo is coming out. But nice try.

Steve

Somebody else asked this, but since it wasnt answered officially, I will throw it out there again.

So the "end of April" is out? Or is that still possible?

Is it now "middle of May"?

I am not complaining if it needs to be bumped, but if it definitely isnt "end of April" then I think it would be courteous to let us know.

Ok, ok... seriously though, personally I think BF products are too cheap - given that extra programmers/help etc would clearly help with rate of publication of products.

So, here's a poll question:

How much extra money would you pay for CMBN if the money would help get CMBN released by next weekend?

When the demo comes out the game should be right behind it. That will give you a warning shot across the bow, so to speak.

Steve

Hmm...that's interesting. The demo coming out before the game. That's been awhile since that has happened. At least I think so.

Hmm...that's interesting. The demo coming out before the game. That's been awhile since that has happened. At least I think so.

Exactly the same thoughts! At least we get to play the demo a bit before full release... although Steve suggested both will come really back to back. Or is it just me misunderstanding things (again)?

I'm kinda glad it's apparently getting pushed back a bit, I have finals this week and next so I don't really need the distraction. I have just stopped coming to these boards. Well, I still check once a day for demo/release, wouldn't want to miss out. It's like when you are waiting in class or something, time moves slower if you keep looking at the clock.

Exactly the same thoughts! At least we get to play the demo a bit before full release... although Steve suggested both will come really back to back. Or is it just me misunderstanding things (again)?

My guess is they will be very close to the same date. This isn't like back in '99 when the beta demo was out for months before the game came out.

I seem to recall that when CMSF came out, that the demo was weeks later, and demos have not come out before game releases in many years.

Either way, I'm sure to play the demo a dozen times or more. :D

When the time gets closer, I will leave my desktop on at home, and then if I see it's released while I'm at work I'll remote into it and do the download and install

while Im at work so when I get home I can start playing right away. :)

It's also not like any monetary incentive would hasten it at all. BFC won't release the game until it's ready, and while the game itself can be considered finished, they still haven't decided on the desktop icon. It's the first thing that a player will see when he starts the game, so it must be perfect, even if it takes a few more weeks and several hundred icon designs. You can't rush a creative process.

... they still haven't decided on the desktop icon. It's the first thing that a player will see when he starts the game, so it must be perfect, even if it takes a few more weeks and several hundred icon designs. You can't rush a creative process.

This. I knew there was a very good and valid reason for the additional delay. Makes perfect sense now.

On Wednesday, 20 April 2011 the main Battlefront.com website posted the update about OSX availability. On that day they said "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release within the next 14-21 days". That would put the absolute earliest release as the first week of May. I think you can pretty much forget about April.