1 Week or less to go!

Damn, I just got home from work. I forced myself not to check the site all day. I grabbed the IPad to check Battlefront for the announcement. No joy. Looks like it is another night of chasing skirts at the local watering hole. Come on guys, statistically my days are numbered if I keep up this lifestyle. For the love of God man, release the damn thing and free me!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I always mix 9 and 6 for a strange reason. I had the Russian Victory day on my mind. Thanks for the clarification.

The first atomic bomb used against an enemy was dropped on August 6, 1945, and the second three days later on August 9. Given the historical importance of those two events, the release of CMBN could be put off until August if you like.

:D

Michael

You do know there is no iPad version don't you. :)

Not going to stop me from trying to run CMBN on my iMac via a VNC client like Screens on my iPad 2. I've run Photoshop and Cinema 4D so I'll give it a try for fun. It probably won't be fun, but I'll snap a pic anyway just for giggles.

Is it May 4 to 11 yet??

Ref, can we get a ruling?

The "regular" PC release still mentions the "end of April" as the target date (rather than the start of May). The first two weeks of May seem covered by the Mac release notes. Free time must be allotted, vacations planned, births put off, sleep schedules plotted, monkeys must be refreshed, Mac OS Lions must be tamed, etc, etc.

Then again, I've always liked surprises so today works nicely as well.

Not to be a stickler but the actual quote is "around the end of April".

Except of course that when the statement was written they may have indeed been aiming for such a release date and mentioned it in good faith (or at least to satisfy the clamour of posts asking "when will it be ready?" that seemed to fill the first X pages of this forum when it was launched).

It is of course not impossible that things have since happened, after that was written, to make that date no longer achievable, despite their best efforts.

Yes indeed.

I think most have chosen to ignore that "around" can indeed mean "later than" as well as "earlier than" or for that matter, the size of "later". :)

It sure can mean later.... I seem to remember them saying they weren't gonna release it before Christmas because they wanted to enjoy the holidays. Didn't know they meant 4th of July.

Last word still up on Website has up to May 11th as within the time frame. I am being optimistic that Moon's statement suggests they are still within that time frame, but never having produced a game it may mean nothing of the sort.

I'm working on the public viewer manual this week.

Martin

Well as 4/29 doesn't exist as a date for the rest of the planet (we only have 12 months :)) - a bit pointless really.
O.K. we will call it 29/4. Is that better for all you foreigners with your backwards calenders and weird words.:D

Armour,WTF is up with the extra letter.It's fricken ARMOR.:D;)

Just kidding of course.We Americans love all you people from other Countries.If it wasn't for foreigners,there would be no Americans.Well,other then the Indians.Not the Asian Indians,the American Indians.Wait,now I'm confused............Just who the hell am I.I guess to be Politically correct,I am an American,Irish,Scotch,Frenchman,With a dash of Pequat Indian and a slight bit of Norse.Throw in a bit of Cherokee Indian and a tiny peice of Italian.I'm a fricken mutt.:D

Not to be a stickler but the actual quote is "around the end of April".

That means before May or they would have said, 'Around the beginning of May'. I was kind of hoping it would have been out already as Im off work for 2 weeks and its beginning to be a wee bit wall to wall Royal wedding right now!

Im also missing my PS3 network fix and so between Sony and BF both are managing to screw with my insomnia by forcing me to read books and other boring stuff!

My guess is Friday, last working day before the end of April........

..t,I am an American,Irish,Scotch,Frenchman,With a dash of Pequat Indian and a slight bit of Norse.Throw in a bit of Cherokee Indian and a tiny peice of Italian.I'm a fricken mutt.:D

Not trying to be pedantic honest but being born in Scotland we are refereed to as "Scottish" or "Scots" :) ... i feel better now :D ... "Scotch" is a drink .... which we are quiet partial too (but we call it "Whisky" locally .. ("Can" open , worms everywhere :D)).

To find out the release date reminds me of Intelligence being gathered in the past and given a A1 rating. Every time without any exception the things turned out differently. Every time, the guys having worked on it said, they were sure that their Intelligence gatherings were nonetheless good. They always had an explanation to explain why the things went wrong, but none to explain why it did happen.

On my part, from what I had read, I thought that the 26th could be the date. It doesn’t seem to turn out that way. So, let it be. Let’s cool, breathe slowly, try not to think of it and it will be a pleasure to get the Email announcing the beginning of the downloading, when time comes.

No more guessing on my part, after all I don’t have any reason to stress, it’s only a game release and not an attack and or a terrorist threat to counter.

BTW, why don’t you make a lottery the winner would get the privilege to be the first one to download the game, before every one else.