The "clean" looking graphics?

You gentlemen who brought up snow, I hate you. :D

It's been quite a spectacular and long winter here, with several weeks of continuous -30C or below temperatures and record breaking amounts of snow (there's literally a feckin' mountain of it outside my door. Should it topple over my house would implode.)

It's spring and that crap should be melting away. But oh no, more just keeps coming from the sky. It's been an effing apocalyptic ice age for over 5 months now!!!

Then I log in on my favourite forum on the whole Internetz and what do I see, some buggers clamoring over snow like it's the next best thing! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hear you. We were all but clear here in Waterloo, Ontario, temps hovering near 10 degrees Celsius ... I could see muddy grass everywhere except the pile of snow on my north-facing front yard covering the flower bed then WHAM!

I wake up last Wednesday morning to find the weather forecasters meds must've run out because their 5cm (2") of snow had turned into 25+cm overnight and my previously clear dry driveway is now nearly a foot deep in wet white crap. So heavy in fact that after doing only 1/3 of my driveway with the shovel I gave up and got Brutus (the name for my monster green snow blower) out of the garage and it still took me 45 minutes to get it all done. No brown wet grass and mud anymore .. back to the white stuff and temps below zero (Celsius) so no really melting. Rats.

At least we should only be a few days away from the OSX pre-orders now, if the phrase "the next weeks" meant anything on the pre-order note, right Steve?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10c? I wish that were the case for us. We're at -11c tonight and wild winds. Don't get me wrong, I actually LOVE cold temps, but my firewood is running quite low since we had several weeks this winter where the temp rage was -12c to -24c even without the wind. Burned a bit more than I thought I would be based on the milder last few years!

Steve

I recall some 30 years ago watching some miniatures gamers playing a tank battle on terrain where hills were modeled by stacking layers of unpainted styrofoam etc. Compared to that, even the unmodded CMBO was gorgeous and real-looking.

:)

Michael

I was that man, err boy... :)

A nice grahical realism touch that could be done is to have a building base tile. In CMSF anyway it looks really odd to have a building overlayed on a landscape, the building base has a razor sharp image contrast against the underlying terrain tile. Maybe it's the scenario designers fault but a few basic tiles to represent some human activity around a building like foot pads, small stone paths, etc just something to blend the building into the terrain.

BTW, what's with the red band on the left wrist of the guy on the ground? Does that have some in-game significance or is it just a vid card glitch?

It's like the unknown ensign who wears a red shirt in Star Trek when they land on new planet

He's a marked man ;-)

BTW, what's with the red band on the left wrist of the guy on the ground? Does that have some in-game significance or is it just a vid card glitch?

Michael

These shots were taken when the crew uniforms were placeholders. The red marks are part of text the artist was using to ID which uniform was which.