Nice and all but....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somthing about simulating tracked battleships fighting over France and the low countries. We were just about to discuss the dimensions the tracks would need to be to stop them sinking into the ground, and how best Battlefront would simulate combat between those landships, or something like that.

One thing the CMX2 engine will be able to simulate better than the CMX1 did is the lack of radios in each tank such as the Soviets and the 1940 French had. Sure it won't be as much of a handicap as in reality but with no Borg spotting and the much better command system in CMX2 there will be a much better representation of this situation.

Until BF releases this game then thread stealing and topic snatching shall continue. ;) Let Chaos rain until our demands are met !!!

Do you remember the stolen thread in which lots of the chaps mutinied against Battlefront and swore never to buy CMBN until it was released? Those were the days.

In the interest of semantics, should it be "rain", or "reign", or can either be used in this situation?

Interesting question. I think in this case it depends on what the writer had in mind. If he conceives of chaos raining down from the heavens upon our poor, confused heads, well there you are. More usually though the correct diction would be 'reign' as in "Let Chaos rule until...."

A further thought if you want to get even more wacky would be "Let Chaos rein..." as in, "Let Chaos constrain us until...."

English allows considerable weirdness free rein.

;)

Michael

Interesting question. I think in this case it depends on what the writer had in mind. If he conceives of chaos raining down from the heavens upon our poor, confused heads, well there you are. More usually though the correct diction would be 'reign' as in "Let Chaos rule until...."

A further thought if you want to get even more wacky would be "Let Chaos rein..." as in, "Let Chaos constrain us until...."

English allows considerable weirdness free rein.

;)

Michael

See this is what happens when you don't have a proper version of CMBN to occupy your time with. I truly feel sorry for the poor sods that weren't born into the language and have to try an learn it. Its my native tongue and I still make a mess of it.

Ok so just to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Until BF releases this game then thread stealing and topic snatching shall continue. Let Chaos reign until our demands are met !!!

and

Until BF releases this game then thread stealing and topic snatching shall continue. We shall not rein in this Chaos until our demands are met !!!

See this is what happens when you don't have a proper version of CMBN to occupy your time with. I truly feel sorry for the poor sods that weren't born into the language and have to try an learn it. Its my native tongue and I still make a mess of it.

Ok so just to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Until BF releases this game then thread stealing and topic snatching shall continue. Let Chaos reign until our demands are met !!!

and

Until BF releases this game then thread stealing and topic snatching shall continue. We shall not rein in this Chaos until our demands are met !!!

Hang on. You forgot... Until BF releases this game then thread stealing and topic snatching shall continue. Let chaos rain down upon them until our demands are met!!!

;)

Regards

KR

Hang on. You forgot... Until BF releases this game then thread stealing and topic snatching shall continue. Let chaos rain down upon them until our demands are met!!!

;)

Regards

KR

Now you're just quibbling with semantics, which comes from the Greek sēmantiká. And a rather disorganized (chaotic?) attempt at a thread highjacking too, I might add, if it's not too early in the morning.

That said, one of my cats came from a Greek man ... well, not from a man (obviously) since you need two cats to make cat babies, but via a man who had to give her up becauase he had too many. Curiously enough, it's also that cat's birthday today, she's now five years old. She's the only one of the three whose birthday we know to the day. Let me rummage around and see if I can find a picture of her ...

Oi!

"Psychotic" is defined as someone whose grip on reality is tenuous, or at least highly distorted. Cat lovers are generally acknowlegded to be stable, gentle people who want nothing more than a predictable and peaceful life (Churchill and FDR were both cat lovers, Hitler and Stalin were not).

I am really not sure that people whose signature lines include how correct they always are and/or wishing they were a dog rolling in excrement are in any position to accuse anyone else of having a tenuous grip on reality.