Bring it down!

Q: What is the most enjoyable way of killing a pesky enemy sniper shooting from the top floor of a tall building?

A: Blow the bottom floor up.

I've also found that the best way to win is to kill your enemies while preserving your force and securing all your objectives. Some find it gamey, though, so I try to avoid it in multiplayer.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always feel a tad guilty when I raze a town just to eradicate the misguided Syrians.

Your winning solution is quite ingenious. I have also found it very efficacious to attempt to run over the above referenced Syrians as a means to victory. This ensures that my vehicles need only minor repair and a thorough cleaning after each battle.

Originally posted by Sergei:

...I've also found that the best way to win is to kill your enemies while preserving your force and securing all your objectives . Some find it gamey, though, so I try to avoid it in multiplayer. [/QB]

"Gamey"? Umm, sorry, no...ask any Army or Marine commander and that is EXACTLY what they try to do. I'm willing to bet that you would never find any military leader say "Well, we decided not to kill as many of the enemy as possible while eventually giving-up our objective and ultimately wasting the lives of our own men, all while failing to achieve the Commander's Intent!"

Sheesh.

Originally posted by B00M$LANG:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sergei:

...I've also found that the best way to win is to kill your enemies while preserving your force and securing all your objectives . Some find it gamey, though, so I try to avoid it in multiplayer.

"Gamey"? Umm, sorry, no...ask any Army or Marine commander and that is EXACTLY what they try to do. I'm willing to bet that you would never find any military leader say "Well, we decided not to kill as many of the enemy as possible while eventually giving-up our objective and ultimately wasting the lives of our own men, all while failing to achieve the Commander's Intent!"

Sheesh. </font>

Originally posted by stoat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by B00M$LANG:

...I've also found that the best way to win is to kill your enemies while preserving your force and securing all your objectives . Some find it gamey, though, so I try to avoid it in multiplayer.

Sheesh. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by B00M$LANG:

Sheesh. </font>I know you probably just came from your monthly tight-ass club meeting, but most people in a regular frame of mind would be able to classify what Sergei said as a joke. Give your brain a chance, or stop posting. </font>Excuse me? I didn't see any smilies in that post, did you? Why would I think anyone is joking? The only person who's joking is you if you think you are intimidating me - I do this kind of stuff for a livingand when I see something that just seems, well, kind of stupid, I'll mention it.

My brain is just fine as well. If you think you are ordained by God to tell people to stop posting, maybe you should re-read your "Bible".

In the mean time, why not let the person who posted explain himself insted of deigning to know the mind of another, hmm? </font>I'll bet you fifty bucks he's joking. Game? I've seen his posting style before... even without "smileys".

Excuse me? I didn't see any smilies in that post, did you? Why would I think anyone is joking? The only person who's joking is you if you think you are intimidating me - I do this kind of stuff for a livingand when I see something that just seems, well, kind of stupid, I'll mention it.

If you need smilies to know when someone is joking and when someone is not, you're going to have some trouble here. I didn't know you could make a living being a humorless tosser, so I'll be sure to stop "intimidating" you.

My brain is just fine as well. If you think you are ordained by God to tell people to stop posting, maybe you should re-read your "Bible".
It's not my fault God tells me what to do. The power of Christ compels me. And I don't see how my post was any less holier-than-thou than yours.

In the mean time, why not let the person who posted explain himself insted of deigning to know the mind of another, hmm?
Sergei can and has explain himself. But I've played CM with him, and moreover I've observed him on these boards for quite a while. I don't know, nor do I want to know what's in his head, but I can tell you that his almost always in a humorous state of mind. And when I see something that seems, well, stupid, I'll mention it.

So, what I take from the above sophomoric responses:

1. You're mostly a bunch of fanboiz. :(

2. You probably have zero true military experience. redface.gif

3. You have such a sucky personal life that you spend so much time together online that you all know what each of you is thinking...much like a married couple. :(

4. This isn't the place for any serious tactical discussions. :eek:

Thanks to all for clarifying things for me. :rolleyes:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Melnibone:

I have a spare sense of humour boxed up in my garage if you need it.

I've got an outstanding sense of humor. Unfortunately, it's not up to you, stoat, or anyone else to decide when or where when I use it. </font>

So, what I take from the above sophomoric responses:

1. You're mostly a bunch of fanboiz. :(

Where do I say that "CMSF is teh r0x0rz!!!11!1"? Nothing anyone has said here, except maybe Sergei in his original post, has expressed an opinion one way or another towards the game. If you want to call me childish, or sophomoric, fine, I'm man enough to take it. But don't pretend like you haven't been calling others names or spreading insults. Your apparent self-importance is perhaps the most childish thing in this thread.

2. You probably have zero true military experience. redface.gif
Yes, hold that stick over our heads. I'm assuming that you do have military experience, and that because of it you're better than everyone else. Should I remove your sandals and wash your feet? This is a gaming forum. And the only way your military experience would come into play in this thread is if you lost your sense of humor burning ****ters.

3. You have such a sucky personal life that you spend so much time together online that you all know what each of you is thinking...much like a married couple. :(
Who's sophomoric?

4. This isn't the place for any serious tactical discussions. :eek:
Not this thread. That was obvious to everyone else from the first post.

Thanks to all for clarifying things for me. :rolleyes:
No problem. If you can't stand the heat, take off the long dress.