Bring it down!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be the one that points this out but Boom was not the first person to throw a stone here, he made a statement, not even one that was realy out of order, and then every one comes out throwing punches.

Personaly i find it odd that some people can be offensive and its ok yet other people can not, some people can say stupid things yet other people can not.

Either people want a free exchange of ideas ( i believe thats what forum means ) or they do not, Please gentlemen, lets talk, lets disagree and for gods sake lets even argue, but do we have to be so hostile?

Ps Considering peoples reaction in another thread about the "celebrating of fellow human beings death's" i find SGT_56M's post and James Bailey's response UN-****ING-BELIEVABLE!!!!

Yes i swore, but if anyone finds _THAT_ offensive id like you to consider they are taking pleasure in the grusome death of two PEOPLE, and how ever grievous thier crimes, to take pleasure in thier death has already been decided as INCREADABLY BAD TASTE. ( by people on THIS forum i may add )

Originally posted by Hev:

Ps Considering peoples reaction in another thread about the "celebrating of fellow human beings death's" i find SGT_56M's post and James Bailey's response UN-****ING-BELIEVABLE!!!!

Yes i swore, but if anyone finds _THAT_ offensive id like you to consider they are taking pleasure in the grusome death of two PEOPLE, and how ever grievous thier crimes, to take pleasure in thier death has already been decided as INCREADABLY BAD TASTE. ( by people on THIS forum i may add )

Hev-

Apologies if I offended you. You can be pissed, that is fine. Sorry to step on any toes there.

Two points-

(1) the end of those two monsters was the end of their horrible policy of dead and hopelessness. What impact their deaths had on the situation in Iraq is unclear (and unknowable), but what is clear is that their deaths were victories for the side that is trying to bring about a better day there. That victory, however brief and sparing, was what I was toasting.

and

(2) I'm in the National Guard and deployed to Afghanistan. As part of the intel section of a infantry battalion, I had the unfortunate job of having to see what thermobaric and MAC Hellfires do to humans in caves and other enclosed fighting positions. Trust me, there is no glory in this. Only small victories against evil.

Again, sorry if I was too political or appear to glorify death.

Originally posted by B00M$LANG:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by James Bailey:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Splinty:

I find the whole assmonkey (or arsemonkey) thing hilarious. My squad's unofficial nnickname is "The Assmonkies"!!!!

210th MP Bn? </font>

Originally posted by James Bailey:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by B00M$LANG:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by James Bailey:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Splinty:

I find the whole assmonkey (or arsemonkey) thing hilarious. My squad's unofficial nnickname is "The Assmonkies"!!!!

210th MP Bn? </font>

Originally posted by Splinty:

Yup, I'm 210th, 46th MP CO as a matter of fact. We're in Baghdad right now. And don't get too carried away there Boomer, I was Infantry for 11 years on active and this is my 3rd tour in this S@#$hole.

Yep, the 210th MP has got a great rep. I'm 3-116th.

Thanks for your service. Go ANG!

Originally posted by Splinty:

Yup, I'm 210th, 46th MP CO as a matter of fact. We're in Baghdad right now. And don't get too carried away there Boomer, I was Infantry for 11 years on active and this is my 3rd tour in this S@#$hole.

It was a JOKE! My wife used to be in the 705th...you know, the "jailers"? ;)

And thanks for your service over there - it ain't easy, but I'm glad to know people like you are doing what you do on a daily basis.

[ August 03, 2007, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: B00M$LANG ]

Originally posted by B00M$LANG:

Oh wait...I get it now...most of you aren't from America! That explains most of your lack of intelligent military tactical expertise!

LMAO, and people wonder why the US is the greatest country on earth...

WOW

Reading this thread has been a real treat!

Boomslang sounds so American I picture him eating "Little Eagles" cereal in his Star Spangled pajamas, then marching double time around in circles pledging allegiance to his flag unit he is ordered back out onto the streets of Baghdad for his 3rd tour ( which he REQUESTED )

And the only people "wondering" why the USA is the greatest country on earth, are Americans. The rest of us know better and try not to get in your way....

Yeesh

Originally posted by GDog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by B00M$LANG:

Oh wait...I get it now...most of you aren't from America! That explains most of your lack of intelligent military tactical expertise!

LMAO, and people wonder why the US is the greatest country on earth...

WOW

Reading this thread has been a real treat!

Boomslang sounds so American I picture him eating "Little Eagles" cereal in his Star Spangled pajamas, then marching double time around in circles pledging allegiance to his flag unit he is ordered back out onto the streets of Baghdad for his 3rd tour ( which he REQUESTED )

And the only people "wondering" why the USA is the greatest country on earth, are Americans. The rest of us know better and try not to get in your way....

Yeesh </font>

Oh, settle down GDog. I'm sure your little third world country is neat-o. The way they have contributed ________ (insert some garbage akin to techno here) has made the world a better place.

With all it's faults, I too believe the U.S. to be the only place in the world I want to live. The jealousy you feel is normal, assmonkey.

Boom$lang, commence to loving your country.

vs

Originally posted by GDog:

Yeesh [/QB]

I couldn't agree with you more Gdog, however, there's nothing wrong with being patriotic and loving your country, providing it doesn't get in the way of common sense of course.

First off, I am going to have to say I sympathize with B00M$LANG on this one. It was not obvious that Sergie was joking, and alot of people jumped all over him when he was just being a "good neighbor."

But from a bigger perspective, WOW. I think you guys have just set the record for Longest Topic With No Actual Information or Value.

And what is even sadder, I actually posted in it . . .