1.07 Patch Feedback

M1A1TC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Martin Krejcirik:

This is probably not 1.07 specific, but the game will crash when reading my modified hotkeys.txt and since the patch has overwritten it I don't have my original version. I will eventually find out, but this can be very frustrating to a newbie.

Well I‘m thinking if you read the “readme” (or the sticky thread at the top of the page) it will tell you what to do in this scenario.

CUSTOM HOTKEYS.TXT NOTE

If you had assigned custom hotkeys in the past (available in v1.02, v1.03, v1.04, v1.05 and v1.06) then you will want to backup your Data\hotkeys.txt file before installing this patch. Once the patch is installed, simply paste your copy of hotkeys.txt file back into the Data folder and you will still have all of your old hotkey assignments.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Well I‘m thinking if you read the “readme”

I did read the readme some patches ago, but forgot it since then ;) Anyway it's not a good manners to blindly overwrite the config files, the installer should make the backup itself (or install the new version under a different name, like hotkeys.new).

edit: damn hell, the game keeps crashing with modified hotkeys.txt, I wonder how long it takes me to figure out my original configuration.

edit2: probably not assigning a key for french keyboard (<F>) is causing the crash.

[ February 21, 2008, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Martin Krejcirik ]

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

All these different versions is very confusing. I thought there was just a Battlefront.com version and a Paradox version. Apparently there are three versions. I'm assuming I'm downloading the right one now - i.e. Battlefront.com as I ordered the deluxe edition direct from Battlefront.

There are three versions, BFC (CD/Digital Download), Gamersgate (Digital Download only) and Paradox (Retail).

I haven't downloaded the patch yet, but there's one thing that needs to be fixed that I haven't found in the changelog. It has been mentioned several times, I think. If you choose an artillery spotter, the best spotter is indicated with a red cross. Normally, a red cross indicates weaknesses in the game (for example thin armour). I was quite confused until I realised that red crosses have a different meaning concerning the quality of an artillery spotter.

Hi!

Unexpected release! Just downloaded the 1.07 patch for the Paradox release from GamersHell and I can confirm that it works this time. Some initial impressions:

Was just editing a scenario and booted my "work in progress" after patching. Got disastrous performance, stuttering, bad fps etc. I had started and stopped the 1.06 version many times this evening so 1.07 felt like a bad release. Rebooted and I got better FPS than ever before (subjective feeling). I don't think it had anything to do with 1.07 but rather Windows etc... if anyone experiences it, it may be worth rebooting. Running an 8800GTX (169.21 drivers) if it has anything to do with that (with the nVidia driver optimizations and max settings in CMSF).

Another thing - loading the maps seems to take longer time than before (stops for a long time at 52% and at 60%). Not that it matters as long as the time is well spent under the hood ;) The "bad" 1.06 behaved like that too so I was a bit shaky at first when it happened.

Another one, is it only me or does it feel like the tanks are moving faster at "fast" now? My M1A1:s are speeding through the desert at dangerous speed at "fast", but the pathfinding feels really slick as a first impression - even at that speed. Very nice manouvring throgh trees with tanks and nice avoidance of friendly tanks standing in the path...

Started my "Hello World" scenario (Allahs Fist) and less than a second after starting the timer almost all of my Abrams tanks fired at some distant target at the other side of the target area. Don't remember that ever happening before so something has definately changed ;)

/Mazex

I've installed the patch and played the first mission of the TF Thunder campaign in RT mode using Veteran difficulty.

Syrian units all seemed to be positioned in the correct places. The game ran very smoothly on my Geforce 7600GT/Athlon 3800+ dual core system using best model quality and improved texture quality plus 2xAA/4xAF. I haven't tried better or best texture quality yet.

Positioning tanks hull down during setup is now a doddle due to the new LOS system introduced in v1.06.

I had GPS vehicles target sections of wall around the main Syrian compound and the walls were destroyed very effectively with no rounds impacting harmlessly on the ground and thus failing to damage the wall.

Smoke seemed better than before, billowing and drifting in a very natural looking way. My only complaint is that sometimes smoke obscures the map so much it's hard as a commander to make out important terrain features - but I guess that's the case in real life too.

I didn't see any infantry action as the Syrians surrendered before any of my men got out of their ICVs.

I did notice some "shuddering" of vehicles when they were moving close to each other though. I think I've seen this once before but thought it had been fixed in a previous patch. Nothing major but worth keeping an eye on.

Overall impressions - good.

Glad people are liking it so far! Most of the improvements address things that aren't necessarily obvious all the time, unlike previous patches where most of the changes were messing around with fundamental stuff. This is good news for all of us ;)

No undocumented fixes I'm aware of, but Charles sometimes does fix things he comes upon that (as far as he knows) nobody has mentioned. If he thinks they are going to be noticed he puts them in the change log, otherwise he doesn't. So it would be surprising to find undocumented fixes.

I can say that we've made no deliberate generalized tweaks for graphics speed or compatibility with various video cards. Ditto on vehicle speeds.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

No undocumented fixes I'm aware of, but Charles sometimes does fix things he comes upon that (as far as he knows) nobody has mentioned. If he thinks they are going to be noticed he puts them in the change log, otherwise he doesn't. So it would be surprising to find undocumented fixes.

This one was also fixed:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=003753;p=1#000001

One thing I noticed, not positive if this changed to 1.07:

if you use arty and make a point target where the target is a tank and this unit moves outside spotter's line of sight, the target line stops to the place where the unit disappeared. So it works like target lines of normal weapons.

Just finished my first battle in 1.07. Oh yay! Really tense fighting, fabulous animations, multiple WEGO replays and almost multiple orgasms. Not a single CTD!

SF now shows every sign of being what it has always promised to be. Touch wood, the bugs are gone. Great gameplay. Extraordinary depth. And all these new scenarios and campaigns. Wonderful.

Just so happens I got the day off work today, too.