1.07 Patch Feedback

M1A1TC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by handihoc:

Just finished my first battle in 1.07. Oh yay! Really tense fighting, fabulous animations, multiple WEGO replays and almost multiple orgasms. Not a single CTD!

SF now shows every sign of being what it has always promised to be. Touch wood, the bugs are gone. Great gameplay. Extraordinary depth. And all these new scenarios and campaigns. Wonderful.

Just so happens I got the day off work today, too.

:cool: sounds like a great start to the weekend to me man!

Originally posted by c3k:

handihoc,

What do you mean about all those new scenarios and campaigns? I have downloaded v1.07 and only have the two campaigns (Training and Thunder) and the same 19 scenarios.

Did you get more with the patch? If not, where did you find them?

Thanks,

Ken

try CMMODS for some great user-made scenarios and campaigns.

handihoc,

What do you mean about all those new scenarios and campaigns? I have downloaded v1.07 and only have the two campaigns (Training and Thunder) and the same 19 scenarios.

Thanks,

I expect he means the scen and campaigns found @ www.CMMODS.com

The 107 patch has 32 more QB maps.

Ken

handihoc,

Thanks,

Ken

Have you not been checking the SF Scenarios forum? Have you not been going to CMMODS ( http://www.cmmods.com/ ) ?

Yes, there were no new battles included with the patch, but I'm talking about all the player-designed scenarios and campaigns that are showing up over the last few weeks.

Go get 'em, soldier!

Ah, I see others have pointed you in the right direction.

As for Vista, though I've got it, I'm kind've glad I never installed it. Seems even now that many users are having issues. I guess one day not too long there'll be no choice but to upgrade to it, but for now, until someone with Godlike knowledge of how things are tells me it's totally the one to have, I'm sticking with XP.

Anyway, good luck with that.

Bah.. After I updated to 1.07 game will crash in every scenario. I can load scenario, deploy my forces, hit plat button and in few seconds i got CTD. I have latest Nvidia drivers and updated Windows XP. GeForce 7600 GS.

Faulting application cm shock force.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module cm shock force.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00ddd6ea.

The application, E:\Games\Combat Mission Shock Force\CM Shock Force.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 02/23/2008 @ 08:53:10.453 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 011DD6EA (CM Shock Force)

Originally posted by De Savage:

Bah.. After I updated to 1.07 game will crash in every scenario. I can load scenario, deploy my forces, hit plat button and in few seconds i got CTD. I have latest Nvidia drivers and updated Windows XP. GeForce 7600 GS.

Faulting application cm shock force.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module cm shock force.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00ddd6ea.

The application, E:\Games\Combat Mission Shock Force\CM Shock Force.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 02/23/2008 @ 08:53:10.453 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 011DD6EA (CM Shock Force)

There are three different patches for the three places you could have purchased the game. Have you checked to make certain you have the right patch? I have Your EXACT video card w/XP and have had no troubles.

Oh no not BF, it looks like BF is now trying to piggy-back crap that has nothing to do with the game whatsoever...did you happened to notice?

I installed what I thought was 1.07 for the BF version (btw, why doesn't BF have it's own file servers and eliminate some of the confusion over which friggen patch to install?) I unchecked every box except game only install and low and behold, BF installed an IE module which adds all kinds of totally unwanted crap, players, weather bug, spellchecker etc etc etc..this really upsets me....a company that I admired at one time and now this type behavior on top of a highly unready game which mirrors the behavior of the lower echilon of gaming companies. On top of that, the patch version is either wrong or very buggy..how do I check?

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

I had no trouble Checking off the boxes

I made sure I unchecked all the boxes but I will do this over also, it is possible the site where I got what I thought was the correct BF file may not have been correct hence the patch problems?

I'm going to do this whole process all over, I want to give the benefit of the doubt to BF. If ya don't hear from me all went well. smile.gif

Two questions:

<ul>[*]Are forthcoming patches, assuming more are in line, going to arrive more

frequently, but with less content?

[*]Are any of the issues occuring below slated for improvement in the near

term?

Note: All of the conditions below occur in v1.07, WEGO (Hotseat)

WEGO Playback:

<ul>[*]Please continue to refine the infantry movement playback - soldiers will

sometimes slide across the terrain into their final position - mostly noticeable

during "quick" and "fast" movements

[*]Allow 3-D objects to "reset:" blast craters, building damage, wall damage,

foliage damage, missles in launch tubes (TOW)

[*]Infantry small arms sometimes disappear when units are embarking.

Graphics:

<ul>[*]Syrian Infantry clip heavily through the troop compartments of

BMP-2's

[*]Javelin launcher disappears - the animation shows the missle launching from

a substituted M4

[*]Syrian TC's heavily clip their hatches when opened up

[*]M1114 passengers' feet sometimes protrude from the bottom of the vehicle

(reintroduced in v1.06)

Infantry Movement/Actions:

<ul>[*]Permit "Face" commands to be issued to dismounting troops

[*]Troops frequently "prone out" upon reaching intermediary waypoints. Can

faster movements be executed as a more continuous motion while the proning out

is limited to the slower/assault commands?

[*]Permit infantry to deploy smoke in directions other than the one the unit is

facing (Note: this should apply to vehicles with dischargers installed on their

turret or 360* weapon mounts as well)

Gameplay Suggestions:

<ul>[*]Allow waypoint positions to be adjusted (drag and drop)

[*]M1126 "air guard" need to take cover or be suppressed under heavy fire.

Currently they do not react and are easily KIA

[*]Permit "exact movement" for infantry as is now conditionally allowed for

vehicles

[*]Allow cover arcs to extend off of the map

[*]Permit M1114 passengers to re-man the MG if the original gunner is KIA

(already possible, but inconsistent?)

[*]Add aircraft flyover sound effects when CAS is in play

[*]Recon M1114's cannot be made to focus on a sector via a target arc in the

same manner OPFOR spies can

Scenario Editor Suggestions:

<ul>[*]Add small images of flavor objects to the selection menu in place of the

current numbers

[*]Add the ability for the AI to utilize artillery and CAS during the fight

when executing a plan (AI menu)

[*]Add the ability to pre-attrit units in the "Purchase Blue/Red"

screen

1. Haven’t a clue.

Personally I hope not as the relatively small 1.07 patch was the result of a couple of weeks where new versions were produced at a rapid rate (often a version had a less than 6 hour life span).

Given that the beta testers are not employees of BTS / BFC (i.e. they have real jobs, wives, lives, etc.) I don’t think that rate of effort is sustainable in the long term.

2. see 1.

Peter Panzer,

Are forthcoming patches, assuming more are in line, going to arrive more frequently, but with less content?
We have no firm "last patch" planned, so more are coming. Yes, they will tend to be quicker and they will tend to address significant bugs only. We will most likely not be adding new features (as opposed to fixing old ones) into the game again until the Marines Module.

Are any of the issues occuring below slated for improvement in the near term?
Most of the things on your list are familiar to me without having to check any sort of list, so all I can tell you at this point is we're aware of these things. Which ones may get addressed, and when, is not something we have planned out. The way we work is we fix things that are very significant (i.e. things that either prevent, or at least significantly hinder, playing the game) first and then try to slip in some minor fixes after as we have time to do so. We have an internal way of deciding which ones to address first, but of course everybody else has their own lists in their own order of priority. It's impossible to match lists because of that.

Steve