Old Timers ... Remember When

Isn't this just wildly reminiscent of the pre CMBO days? SSNs wildly posting hither and yon about the same question over and over?

Kind of makes you look back fondly on Benny Manieri ... or however he spelled his name.

Those were the days.

Of course you realize we're in for another "Night of the Refreshing Monkeys" unless B.F.C. is able to give some guidance on exactly WHEN on the 27th the DL will be up smile.gif

Joe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by stoat:

Quiet down old man, and take your suppository, or Carl will have to come in here and do the deed.

Dadgummed young whippersnappers ... why in my day we had to wait for the freaking MAILMAN to show up to play the game.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

Quiet down old man, and take your suppository, or Carl will have to come in here and do the deed.

Dadgummed young whippersnappers ... why in my day we had to wait for the freaking MAILMAN to show up to play the game.

Joe </font>

Of course you realize we're in for another "Night of the Refreshing Monkeys" unless B.F.C. is able to give some guidance on exactly WHEN on the 27th the DL will be up smile.gif

Joe

I was wondering the same thing. Suppose we could all start new threads asking about it until we get a response. But I'm guessing maybe they want a refreshing monkey marathon again. Nonetheless we'll find out in a few days.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Speedy:

I remember that, having to wait two weeks for the package to get here was not fun.

Of course listening to all the whining Canadians was great.

I remember the the CMBB D-Day - coming home from work and checking the board to see if anyone had received it yet - and then plotting it day-by-day as it moved throughout the country, with players at some compound in Montana receiving their copy 4 days later than people who lived closer to the coasts.

And then 3 weeks later or so it seemed to arrive in Toronto... :D

Originally posted by Andrew H.:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

I remember that, having to wait two weeks for the package to get here was not fun.

Of course listening to all the whining Canadians was great.

I remember the the CMBB D-Day - coming home from work and checking the board to see if anyone had received it yet - and then plotting it day-by-day as it moved throughout the country, with players at some compound in Montana receiving their copy 4 days later than people who lived closer to the coasts.

And then 3 weeks later or so it seemed to arrive in Toronto... :D </font>

HI Joe...I remember it like it was yesterday...And no other CMx1 has reached the level of that madness until now. I check the forum.... way to often...looking for some hint or just cheering the new babe on. It's good to be alive and it's great to be a CM'r

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

HI Joe...I remember it like it was yesterday...And no other CMx1 has reached the level of that madness until now. I check the forum.... way to often...looking for some hint or just cheering the new babe on. It's good to be alive and it's great to be a CM'r

Hey Mark, good to see you again.

Maybe we can replay one of our PBEM battles. I still remember what was probably the first full CMBO game we played from the disk. I think my Panther on your right flank ended up winning it against a determined charge by your British armored cars and infantry.

Damn man, that was 7 years ago ... and I still remember it.

And yeah, I'm afraid my refresh icon will burn in at the rate I'm hitting it smile.gif

joe

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

DO NOT bring Gunny Bunny into this. You just brought that memory back out of its forgotten corner of my mind.

He's still on the forums over at Matrix if you want to go say hello. </font>

Just go into the Operation Winter Storm forums and look for the most overbearing male forum dominatrix since Seanachai - you can't miss him. Uses a variation on one of the aliases he used here.

EDIT - just looked him up. He was banned back in December. His last post was taking swipes at Joe Shaw and myself. smile.gif Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not as old timey as some of you bums but old enough...almost 7 years...and I sure as hell remember the anticipation of waiting on the game, playing the living crap out of the demo twenty thousand times, and the near heart attack/**** fit when CMBO finally hit my mail box and all I saw was that stinkin' manual! I was living here at the time, reading every single thread posted and drooling over every tiny tid bit, and STILL missed that "best kept secret", "right of passage", part where the CD was shipped inside the manual. Great joke...

As far as names go, the magic mirror remembers some excellent contributors to the game that no longer frequent the place. Like; Tiger, Kump, Wild Bill, Magua, and Gunslinger, and some of the more sociopathic types like Maximus and his sadist hardon for anything Rob1, that one freak that posted all the concentration camp pictures, and of course the arrogant, dip**** from my sig line, old Tris, who came here and tried to tell Steve how to run the place.

Mord.

[ July 26, 2007, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Mord ]