What will make us buy the Marines module?

Thomm

Out of curiosity, I googled up the Marines' equipment.

Found, that their vehicles offer novelty to CM:SF mainly in form of the LAV and AAV families of vehicles, which appear to be awfully similar to the Stryker family in terms of capabilities.

Perhaps not enough for me to buy the module!?

Does anybody now what additions are planned on the Syrian side and which improvements to the engine are planned and whether they will be patched back into the original CM:SF game?

Best regards,

Thomm

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody now what additions are planned on the Syrian side and which improvements to the engine are planned and whether they will be patched back into the original CM:SF game?
From what I remember, and just did a quick recheck, I don't think BFC even completely has the answer to the question. The charge for modules was really meant to be based on how much work was required for them, with backwards compatibility being free if easy, a charge if not.

Man, after all the trouble I went to to find copies of CCM, they're going to release it later this year? Dang.

The sad part is, when it comes out, I'm going to buy another copy. Mmmm. CCM goodness.

Now I just wish somebody would get around to releasing the Army's version of Full Spectrum Warrior for PC.

All that said, I'd buy a Marines module for CM:SF, but it would be nice to see some new environments, new Red stuff, or *something* above and beyond Marine gear.

Originally posted by Londoner:

[QB] A gal playing a wargame!?!? Jesus, feeling faint.

Lol I had that a couple of times now. Yes, all girl here and playing CMSF and loving it.

And I play WH40k, Warhammer FB and paint and collect several armies which trounce hubbies Space Marines on a regular basis.

On topic tho, the modules could be free? How would that work with the paradox, gamersgate and BFC versions of each game? Would BFC have to liase with seperate companies for each module?

We should get the USMC To&E with M-1's and Humvees again and, as Rollstoy noted, the AAV-7 and at least the LAV-25. Not sure exactly what else. Steve once mentioned we'll have an assortment of trucks before the series is over.

For the Syrian side we might get Syrian airborne troops (they're not in the game yet right) as well as some "non-historic" vehicles such as the T-80. Don't expect water or amphibious operations or on map helicopters.

We might get new building types too.

Originally posted by Mishga:

On topic tho, the modules could be free? How would that work with the paradox, gamersgate and BFC versions of each game? Would BFC have to liase with seperate companies for each module?

I highly, highly doubt they will be free. Not sure who started that one ::looks around::.

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mishga:

I highly, highly doubt they will be free. Not sure who started that one ::looks around::. </font>