Your Best Screen Shot?

MarkEzra

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a Pic of Reporter Wild Bill Wilder in field and On the Job!

Town1HeadA.jpg

You can catch him in "Incident in Isra" a Vid uploaded BFC Shock Force video contest...While your there check out all the latest vids...a lot of talented guys on the forum! Opps...Correction

BFC has not yet released mine to the Contest site...You'll have to go here:

http://uk.youtube.com/user/WarlordMarkEzra

Lethaface,

Barring the small chance of a dud, the best outcome for the Javelin struck tank should've been main armament and coax MG F-Kill, creating the most expensive technical ever!

As for the AT-3 hit, a dud SAGGER isn't exactly breaking news. That's the first place I'd look for an explanation. And did I mention you missile's hitting the thickest, best sloped armor on the target? There's also the matter of that glacis "fence." If part of the AT-3 strikes that, it could easily deform the cone, in turn, interfering with proper jet formation and penetration.

Regards,

John Kettler

Lethaface,

That's "your missile." How'd I miss that in such a short post? Should also add that the headlight guard could cause a premature detonation of the missile, greatly reducing penetration via jet interference or maybe even throwing the missile off axis. I've seen this on actual tank damage from the 1967 War. All those excrescences on AFVs are bad news for HEAT munitions.

Regards,

John Kettler

John,

The Javelin did explode but i'm not sure if it damaged anything significant, if I remember correctly a few seconds later an 120MM APFSDS took it out ;)

The strange thing here is that I see an explosion coming from the tank before the Javelin hits. Thats why I thought this might be an ERA explosion ? (not sure it is modelled)

The sagger also hit and exploded but just failed to do damage to the T-55. I agree a sagger at the frontal armour of a T-55 isn't a guaranteed kill. However it was disspointing since it was at the very last second of a turn.. Waiting eagerly for the next turn only to find out it got away again. Again in that it already absorbed 2x 100MM D10 from my T-55's in the side, failing to do significant damage. Must be a lucky crew ;)

Lethaface,

Hard to judge depth in the first shot, but it looks to me like the impact should just demolish the main gun, maybe remove it outright. The warhead detonation ought then to set off most of the front ERA boxes. Regarding the explosion, I have absolutely no idea what to make of that.

Concerning the AT-3, while it does overmatch your glacis armor,

http://www.warfare.ru/?lang=&catid=261&linkid=2202

that's not the whole story. During the 1973 Yom Kippur War there were, ISTR, plenty of incidents in which tanks were hit but the missiles failed to detonate. The reports I saw talked of bent missiles (ricochet?) and tanks draped with multiple sets of guidance wires (overflew, then lost guidance when the wire snagged on the tank).

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...
... am waiting in suspense until my worthy opponent gets the move back to me.

And just to update the story of the RPG heading towards the underbelly of the BMP: very disappointing! At the start of the new move there is no sign of the rpg at all, giving evidence of an nth of second gap between PBEM moves.

did it run straight between the wheels and keep on travelling?

Yes, damnit, that's exactly what would have happened :mad::mad::mad:

But is that actually possible? To get between one set of wheels is feasible, I would say, but to fly straight out again through such a small gap on the other side of the vehicle? What are the chances of the angle of motion vs angle of target vehicle being so perfectly aligned as to allow that to happen?

btw, if you still have the save, try replaying and looking for an explosion beyond the target tank. If the missile did escape between the wheels it will have to have made contact somewhere else.