Your Best Screen Shot?

MarkEzra

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Brian Smith:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Patrocles:

I just skim through long threads. Did you know that you can also edit the text in your post?

smile.gif

Yeah, but that wouldn't be fair and would make all those other posts that referred to it, seem out of context... ;) </font>

Kirq

nice one there. The top half of your picture is what does it for me too. I still remember the days when computer games were black and white squares moving jerkily across a tiny screen. (But still curiously absorbing)

Geez, Pandur. What mission is that!? I though I'd done a couple of big ones. 3500m!!! There's NO WAY my computer would be able to handle anything like that. Especially with all that smoke too. Nice pics though, especially the second one.

Geez, Pandur. What mission is that!? I though I'd done a couple of big ones. 3500m!!! There's NO WAY my computer would be able to handle anything like that. Especially with all that smoke too. Nice pics though, especially the second one.
its called "nothing fancy" :D

no, the two 1280x960 pictures are from my map "pzbattle"

the two 1024x768(the lowest two) are from "pzbattlesmall" :D

the normal version and the "small" version are different in 2 things. normal version has 3 tank companys per side. 1 T55M or so, one T62MV and a T72M Co. on both sides, means its a balanced match.

for the small version i just kept 1 platoon of every company. means 3 platoons instead of 3 Co´s.

and i painted the "stripes" on the map for the small version, becouse it was hard to see the elevations in the distantce.

and you would be suprised on how easy this maps are on frames. i mean on normal version, when at least one and a half tank companys are in a fight, on both sides, frames can drop.

but small version runs great with just 3 platoons. the map is verry plain. no house, no trench, no nothing, just rolling hills and tanks :D

i have the same map also with tanks versus ATGM BRDM´s(BRDM`s for the player ;) ). quiet funny too.

but i never uploaded tham as the AI plan is just "advance" towards the other side. its more of a "test things out" scenario, and to have a fast and nice tank battle at hand and something to look at while watching the replays.

I have an idea for a short campaign consisting mostly of armour battles, tentatively called 'Death if the Third' keeping in with my Syrian Civil war storyline. However, I'm a bit 'worked out' with the last one and I'd prefer to do some work on something much smaller next. However, it's good to see that 3500m range tank battles are 'doable'. :D

it's good to see that 3500m range tank battles are 'doable'.
well, the whole map is 3500 long. thing is the AI "advances" rather slow as i guess you noticed yourself while doing hasrabit :D

now, you cant get LOS from near the setup zone, or at least just at a few places(good for the BRDM´s), so with 3 companys you cant stack them all in this areas.

so you advance in the depressions, and while you do 1000 meters the enemy did 200 :D

that leaves the engagement ranges from about 2000 meters down to 100 meters. quiet some dips and so around to put tanks or platoons in there to wait for the enemy to close in.

if you would like the map to try it out or re-work it to do something on your own with it, i can send it to you.

EDIT: at least it would give you a fast hint on how the frames are on your system without spending time to make something up on your own.

pandur

I"f you would like the map to try it out or re-work it to do something on your own with it, i can send it to you.

EDIT: at least it would give you a fast hint on how the frames are on your system without spending time to make something up on your own."

hey, that would be nice of you. You know where to find my email address. I think you might have just inspired me for my next set of missions, long range clashes between battalion sized Red mechanised forces. I'm already picturing the maps for two of them. But they'll be BIG. :eek:

@Paper Tiger

sorry it took a bit;

also i cannot bother with "e-mail" when there are free web hosters.

if that doesnt work for you, tell me i e-mail you.

http://rapidshare.com/files/111080614/PzB.rar.html

includes the "small" and "new" version. "new" is simply the big one, but with the grided map i used in the smal version.

also to keep me from beeing offtopic;

2 pics i took in mission 2 of hasrabit campain.

sfqm2.jpg

sf1oh3.jpg

[ April 28, 2008, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Pandur ]

Hey nice! you play on better or best settings!?

your AA and AF seems to be pretty hight too, unlike marks smile.gif

mark, i dont know if its on purpouse for your machine, dont know what you got, but it really helps the screens to have at least Antialiasing at 4x. so the edges of buildings and vehicles dont look like "stairs".

also "i" loose Antialiasing when i multitask out of the game to save a screenshot i did with "print screen" button. means when i come back in the game, all looks "unfiltered".

i came around do to shots with Fraps, you can make series too in notime.

i play on improoved for both settings, wich still looks pretty decent. Antialiasing 6x and Anisotropic Filter i have at 8x.

bildgh9.jpg

Hey Pandur

I tried downloading your file but it didn't seem to work. But anyway, I've started playtesting my own new map which is 2200m x 800m. So far, it plays with really good frames per second. I am SO glad to know that it's possible to run the game with super sized maps. Shame I didn't know this before I finished 'Hasrabit'. Ach well, never mind.

I'll try and post a screenshot or two from the new map tomorrow.

BTW, what Special Forces mod are you using? I am using The Louch's spetznatz mod. Yours looks good too.

i use the one made by "M1A1TC" or "VladTemplar" on CMMODS.

on top of that, the mod comes with some additional faces. i like the ski mask face so much i replaced all faces with ski mask ones :D

so every RED guy has a skimask. that does not change the "turban heads" however, so the combatants and fighters look like always.

Neat pic, Thomm...except that I think the owner was dynamiting the building himself after he realized that he built 50 miles away from any services or utilities...

Here's one of my Strykers as one of Mark Ezra's marksmen misses by inches...

2707266930100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

Note missile going just over top...