RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Thread Two)

Everybody should have at least a set up from me now. Von Lucke: the setup got lost in some mysterious black hole, but miraculously reappeared. O.K., so it was marked as read, and I didn't notice I hadn't done anything with it. At any rate, I look forward to your reply set-up. Everyone else: the turns would be coming back to you faster if my bloody pop3 would work more often than not.

Cheers

Diceman

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if I can see through all this smoke here in Colorado. They just put us back on alert on having to evacuate if necessary.

Just to let you know, I've just got my butt kicked on Fire on The Mountain by Vadr. AAR will be out soon. Going strong on St.Mere Eglise with Lord Dragon. Slow with I Man and Zipper. I give up on HOBO. Must be my breath smile.gif

Ozzie

A couple of things here.

1) I have received four completed game reports so far. Every one of them was done exactly as I spelled out in the "Manual". Thanks, guys!!

2) Speaking of the manual, I have edited the very first post to this thread with the entire tourney manual. If you have a question, try the top of this thread first.

3) If you have yet to make initial contact with one, some, or all of your opponents; please drop them a quick email as a matter of courtesy so they know you're alive. It's getting to the point where you need to move the tourney a bit higher on your priority list anyway. In theory, eleven percent of your time is already gone. Thanks!

4) TOURNEY III, Section Two- We lost Silvio Manuel to Real Life. You will receive an updated contact list when I find a replacement.

Treeburst155 out.

I have to say one thing: this is really a wild and efficient bunch of players. No errors, no remorse, perfectly executed drill all over the place,mistakes to be punished badly. If this is meant to be the final CMBO tourney, it really shows what people trained for.

Having said that, Cogust is still missing, I never ever heard anything from him and he also did not reply to my "are you alife?" mail from last monday (8 days ago). I really hope these silent drop-out bastards are dead, married or something like that.

Just wanted to post my status, Tourney III Sec 4 is going strong, Ozzie Osborne and I are sending turns regularly (as long as the Colorado wildfire's stay away from his house, let's all keep our fingers crossed it doesn't turn his way!)

Vadr and I are deeply engaged in Head for the Hills, more than halfway through.

Good start with Hobo, at least a turn or two a day in Another Day, so it is moving along nicely.

Fire on the Mountain is moving along as well with I-Man.

Started good with Zipper in Polish Push but haven't received a turn from him in a few days, ah well, figure that's life and all but hope for a return move soon!

That's all i have to report!

[ June 18, 2002, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Lord Dragon ]

Hi Redwolf,

I know it is a pain when you don't know if Cogust is still around but please bear in mind that if he is European we do take long holidays and 8 days is nothing.

The start date of the games was not exact at one point and he might have forgotten to send an e-mail saying he is away.

I have still not heard from Tero and I presume he is still getting back into the swing of things after a good holiday.

smile.gif

H

P.s. I still have to do your turn when I get home tonight. I did not have enough time this morning before going to work. (I was too busy with a Fire on the Mountain).

;)

Originally posted by Holien:

(I was too busy with a Fire on the Mountain).

;)

As you should be, I have much more large caliber ordance to toss in your vague direction! Rumors of pathetic things like "Running out of ammunition" should be discounted for the lies they are!

Send me the turn!

Just wanted to let the members of my section know that I've had a computer malfunction (power supply "exploded"), and, while I fixed that, I seem to have caused other ruckuses which I'm in the process of treating.

In the meantime, I might have time to leak a few turns out at work, but I will be much slower than expected for a few days.

I've just got my butt kicked on Fire on The Mountain by Vadr.
bah! I gambled early and got lucky. Well fought Sir.

All my games are proceeding apace. Some more quickly than others, but all on track. Great set of Scenarios B&T.

Right two turns done and waiting for one back from Jazza.

White4 will you stop dropping X on me I think you have way too much and it is hurting...

As for Redwolf he has shown some of his fangs and I am in the process of trying to pull them out. This is going to be bloody for both of us...

H

P.s. Now I can cook dinner.... smile.gif

Originally posted by Holien:

As for Redwolf he has shown some of his fangs and I am in the process of trying to pull them out. This is going to be bloody for both of us...

You killed one of my men! :mad:

Wait until I get home...

[ June 18, 2002, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Originally posted by tero:

Home again, home again.

If any of my opponents did not get his fix please let me know...

That would be ME!! You know, your opponent in st mere englise or somefink?

Oops, just got it..

[ June 18, 2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: White4 ]

Ugh. Here I am sitting at work, like a sucker, and I have no less than 5 tournament emails waiting in my inbox. I gotta go on the dole or something, to support my CM habit. To my opponents: will get the responses out upon my arrival home this evening, I can only hope that the movies awaiting viewing are as fun to watch as their predecessors.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I've just got my butt kicked on Fire on The Mountain by .

bah! I gambled early and got lucky. Well fought Sir.

</font>

Woof Woof...

Have I sinned.

HE landing every where and Wolfie moaning about a single man lost. If I was so lucky...

I am dying a death of a thousand cuts in one game and he has more men and resources than I have bums and legs to carry me away.

Tero has done his duty and we are on track for the first turn.

Wolfie be kind to me I am but a simple soul with no home and would harm but a flea...

H

:eek:

For all you gungho officers in the rear hoping to further your career with some combat duty I have an opening for you. You may have to take up some of these battles in progress. Only if both of you agree can the battle be restarted. In cases where no movie has been seen there should be a restart out of fairness. There is no good reason NOT to restart the game at that point. Here is how far the games have progressed:

1) Fire On The Mountain- your opponent has seen two movies at the most.

2) Ste Mere Eglise- your opponent has seen one movie at the most.

3) Another Day- perhaps as many as five movies have been viewed.

4) Polish Push-no movies, should be restarted.

5) Head For The Hills- no movies, should be restarted.

If you would like to volunteer for this command, email me!

Treeburst155 out.

Real Ozzie, omg tongue.gif

Okay MrSpkr! Man of your word? No setup has arrived after your false promises... :mad:

I had my comboy hat on and I was drinking Whisky straight from the bottle, while grilling some cattle meat...But what :confused:

No turn from MrSpkr? So confused. I always thought that those Texas rangers sure got some balls :D

Send me the setup and let's see who gets 6 feets under..