RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Thread Two)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention!

Today begins the celebration of midnight sun here in Finland. Therefore, at my fronts, there will be a brief cease fire. Hostilities will continue again monday however(presuming I am not a part of sad statisticks conserning the midnight sun - many will die again, swimming during heavy consumption of alcohol. Or in another kind of accidents). Sauna will be hot and beer will be cool. Oh, and there will again be a peak in birth rates because of the midnight sun or "Juhannus" like we call it. :D

-Juha

A pretty dis-appointing morning. Jazza in NZ (aka sheepland) sent a turn which has been sent back.

Nothing from my American friends, and the post above explains why Finland has gone quiet.

;)

I have heard about that festival and it sounds pretty wild.

Anyway maybe when the Americans wake up I will get some turns to feed my addiction.

smile.gif

JK and friends are putting everyone to shame with their turn rates..

H

Perhaps, but reconstructing the action for the AARs is going to take some time. Have had way too many irons in the fire to keep an ongoing log. Soddball has sent me a turn and has been sent a suitably witty response. He has a wicked sense of humor. Can't remember whether I forgot a turn from Michael Dorosh.

Regards,

John Kettler

Tourney III section one!

I was running a damn high fever the last 6 days (slept 20 hours a day) and I'm starting my mid-summer vacation today... Way to start it well, ehh (still fever).

Anyway, I'll be back next tuesday. Hopefully not sick anymore.

I could only send back view-only turns since yesterday, because I had to repair a screwup at work. I knocked out our inline function tuning mechanism by feeding in a new table of assembly code sizes, unfortunately I measured while profiling was on. The sizes I got include a lambda wrapper around each function, so nothing was found worth inlining anymore. A true function call for a pure-fixnum "+". Yeay.

[ June 20, 2002, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Hi Wolfie,

NP, I get a similar thing when I mess up the works coffee machine. It all gets too technical!!!

I hope you get it sorted.

I wish I could do my turns at work like you Americano's but we get long holidays 4 to 5 weeks because we do work at work.

:D

Well and a few taunts on the CM forum....

snigger snigger...

;)

H

Hmmm a good night for turns if not for there contents.

Tero and I moving slowly forward towards one another in the woods.

White4 has way too much X and Y and that P is a right pain in the butt!!! Several turns done and we are now on the home stretch.

Jazza from New Zealand has led me down the garden path and is now punishing me for it. I am desperately looking for sheep to distract him with.

As for Wolfie well his post above said it all, if you understood any of it, please keep it to yourself as it sounds a bit too techie for me.

;)

Night night and may Brazil fall prey to our prowess on the marrow...

smile.gif

H

Got turns from all four and replied. Michael Dorosh and I are hot on final, being nearly done. Soddball and I are closing on the halfway mark, systematically brutalizing each other. Ugbash and I are being vile to each other's troops, and Spanish Bombs and I cried "Havoc!" long ago and are creating plenty.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Holien:

:(

Well done Brazil...

Bugger....

H

P.s. Go USA Go USA

Sorry mate,

but we will avenge you . At the costs of the USA, though .... :D

Germany, yeah !!!

BTW: Has anyone heard sumthing from J. Porta /B] ? No turns since 06/11/02.

Hmmm no turns from America and Finland is getting all fueled up on alchol and sex and silly games.

Sweden aka Cogust is not to be seen, yet.

New Zealand is, well asleep I guess and I better get back to painting and cleaning my brushes.

:(

H