RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Thread Two)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tourney III, Section 4.

I finished one scenario. Have one scenario that Lord Dragon is not cooperating with me. He wont let me take the town. So it’s a knock down drag out fight to the end. Have to use Treesburst as a relay for HOBO and me. Other scenarios are going ok.

Also Redwolf that was me as the enemy defector in the TacOps game. :D

Have cycled two more turns from Soddball and one apiece from Spanish Bombs and Ugbash. All active games (Bertram's on hold; Michael Dorosh's is completed) are at the halfway mark or better. Have nasty things to say about fickleness of Lady Luck and whomever failed to model Ostkette for my AFVs. Virtual attrition has severely cramped my style when the beasties stopped moving in places from which they couldn't see to shoot. To make matters worse, the game has no provisions to tow unfortunates out of such situations. I suppose I could try pushing, but I can ill afford more of the same problem.

Regards,

John Kettler

Tourney III Sec. 4

I too have finished one scenario (Head for the Hills) whew, what a fight. Am currently holding Ozzie at bay as he stated previously, but we all know how that goes. My boys are ready and their blood is up though! Other scenarios are moving along, although Hobo is having email problems again. Hobo, i did send you my turn twice, have you recieved either of them?

Lord Dragon, out.

smile.gif

Gods I love this game!

And thanks Treeburst for the chance to play in your tourney, I'm having a total blast. (No pun intended.)

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

TOURNEY III, Section 2:

Is anyone besides Redeker not receiving files from EASY-V and GeneralSV? If so, post here.

TOURNEY I, Section 3:

I've emailed Cogust. He has 48 hours to respond or he is relieved of command.

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst, I've just received a setup and returned same from Easy-V. Still no joy on GeneralSV, though. :(

The other three games are all progressing nicely, except for my X that just got bushwhacked by Y.

Didn't do my turns this morning. Two weeks of playing CM for at least 5 hours a day in addition to working full-time, eating and trying to have a social life have cut heavily into my sleeping schedule and I'm paying the price. Will ship turns out tonight but I need a nap smile.gif

Good morning chaps...

Sent out Wolfie and White4 their turns. I hope they like them...

;)

As for the Uber Finn I did not have enough time to plot all my movement paths so that will have to wait until tonight.

If that nice chap from NZ does not have my turn I shall resend it or could he send it as I am waiting on you Jazza....

On a more personal note, Hussah!!! The plasters turned up this morning and the messy building work end is in sight. I just hope they plaster the walls and not the floors...

smile.gif

H

Originally posted by Holien:

As for the Uber Finn I did not have enough time to plot all my movement paths so that will have to wait until tonight.

No worries. It seems the natural flow is I go first in the morning since I am GMT +2. That way I send you a turn in the morning and I reply to your turn in the evening.

On a more personal note, Hussah!!! The plasters turned up this morning and the messy building work end is in sight. I just hope they plaster the walls and not the floors...

Does that mean you can sneak off to play some turns even when you are supposed to be working ? ;)

Tero,

You have a wife and Kids, I have a fiancee and a 250 year old house.

At the moment we are in the middle of a project to convert 1/3 of the house and 2/3 is impacted in some way. This has been going since Nov last year.

I wish I could spend time just playing the game, but I have to now decorate and sort out that 2/3 so that we can have a normal life and stop living in cramped conditions.

I squeeze out turns inbetween doing work. I call them my rest breaks. ;)

As for when the project will be finished, I am hoping that if I work my bollocks off to get the majority of it done by end of July.

smile.gif

H

P.s. I Am sure once that is done then her in doors will have other tasks for me to preform.

:(

P.P.S If it had been a video I would have sent it.

Heads up for the guys in Tourney II, Section I. I'm struggling to keep up with you, especially now when summer is here. All five games will probably be halfway before the weekend, so with this pace I'll be finished in three more weeks.

Treeburst, looking at my turn return rate I have to ask Cogust replacement soon, otherwise I have no chance to meet the deadline. I tried to get a present -four weeks in home country- for my wife, but the f...ing flights are too expensive, as everybody besides us seems to have a life and travels the hell out of the supposely weak airline industry.

On the other hand, the movies I get don't get much better than the weekend desasters, so I could as well do TCP...

Originally posted by redwolf:

On the other hand, the movies I get don't get much better than the weekend desasters, so I could as well do TCP...

Tell me about it. I just wrapped up Twin Valleys with Wreck, where I autosurrendered with 2 vehicles and a couple squads about 2 meters from the edge...72-28. Ouch. But you shoulda seen the other guy! I had 2 mobile and functional vehicles, he had 1 immobilized tank, but he definetly had more infantry.

Originally posted by White4:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

Tell me about it. I just wrapped up Twin Valleys with Wreck, where I autosurrendered with 2 vehicles and a couple squads about 2 meters from the edge...72-28. Ouch. But you shoulda seen the other guy! I had 2 mobile and functional vehicles, he had 1 immobilized tank, but he definetly had more infantry.</font>

If I forgot, I cycled a turn in the wee hours from Ugbash, also cycled turns just now from Spanish Bombs and Soddball. In no particular order, Lady Luck graced me with her favor in one battle turn, defecated on me in a second, and was no factor in a third.

Regards,

John Kettler