RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Thread Two)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ali, you doing OK without me ? :D

I am as usual the butt of the tournament, getting beaten by everyone. Don't know why I bother really... :rolleyes:

EDIT: I always lose no matter how the scenario is balanced, so I should not have given away anything by this. :cool:

[ June 18, 2002, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Joseph Porta ]

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

2) Speaking of the manual, I have edited the very first post to this thread with the entire tourney manual. If you have a question, try the top of this thread first.

Thanks, TB:

I just read the manual and found lots of important stuff I didn't yet know.

One is that the reporting procedures for game results are quite different than in the past and so we need to read those in order to follow them.

The other is that everybody plays in the finals, not just the section winners. Only those have a chance at the wine, but everyone else plays the others of their rank in a three game round robin (e.g. 2nd place finishers face each other, 3rd place finishers square off, etc.)

Cool idea, TB, and thanks for the three extra games.

Anyway, everyone should go read the manual if you haven't already.

Concur on importance of reading the manual, but wish things weren't so rigid on the format and procedure front. OTOH, I'm not trying to keep track of 72 games at once.

Have gotten turns from and returned turns to everyone of my four active foes (Bertram on hold) save Spanish Bombs. Michael Dorosh and I are nearing the home stretch.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

For all you gungho officers in the rear hoping to further your career with some combat duty I have an opening for you.

[snip]

If you would like to volunteer for this command, email me!

Treeburst155 out.

Yes, SIR! Please check your mailbox, SIR!

smile.gif Excellent News...

Redekker in the game!!!

Is he replacing Cogust?

;) I guess not :(

Anyway Jazza has just done an Ohhhh Noooo in our game and I am sure to follow as I have some views on the game.

Waiting for that devil of death from above to pound me more. White4. :(

Tero is in full swing and I can not see him yet, where are his troops.

As for wolfie I have prized some more teeth but he has a full set and spare dentures!! Occchhh. My fingers are getting chewed...

H

P.s. I just did a search for the last post Cogust made. He is listed as from Sweden (perhaps he is suffering from their loss?) and lasted posted here on the 14th May. I guess he is getting close to being posted MIA. 7012 is his member number.

[ June 19, 2002, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: Holien ]

HI Porta!

I'm hanging in here, but section ain't the same without Scareless Porta and his merry crew ;)

Have you broken our previous filesize record 1,5 MB file already? My best in these scenarios is pathetic 0,7 MB...

Pass the pipe

As for posting who won or lost:

I think we can savely say when we think we lost in the tournament sense. Don't let the victority points value slip, but you will know whether you will fare better or worse than the other people on the same side. I think that should be allowed to let some steam out and it really doesn't give anything away.

[ June 19, 2002, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Wolfie,

That makes sense, even if your words don't.

To clarify in English as long as we don't know how much you lose by, i.e. Points score, then no one can work out there positions.

The only slight problem is if we knew which side you were and then we might discern some information from that.

However, I think that would be worthless.

So posting if you lost means nothing. IMO.

smile.gif

I am sure I will be posting such messages fairly soon.

;)

H

Greg Redeker will be taking over for Silvio Manuel in TOURNEY III, Section Two. Welcome aboard, Greg!

This coming Saturday I will attempt to determine how many MIAs we have, and who they are. I will of course need lots of help from you guys to determine this. Try to visit this thread this weekend if you still have not heard from one of your opponents.

For this weekend we will define an MIA as anyone who has not sent you even one email since the tourney began. I will do this MIA assessment once per week from now on. The definition of an MIA will change as the weeks pass.

What happens if you're on the MIA list? I will email you to find out what your plans are concerning the tourney. If you do not respond to my inquiry within 48 hours you will be replaced. Also, you will not be eligible to play in any future RoW tourneys.

Let your opponents know when you are not able to take your turns for more than a few days. This way you will not be reported as MIA when I ask for that info.

Fight On!!

Treeburst155 out.

[ June 19, 2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Well I have seen something I never ever ever ever want to see again. It was horrible....

I just sat silently dumb founded as I watched the video. A new 1st for me usually I scream, this just left me sick to the gut.....

:(

Damn designers....

All turns are out and I await the next turns of death and destruction.

Please god of luck, no more turns like that ever again...

:rolleyes:

H

Yet another turn in from and sent back to Michael Dorosh. Now, can someone tell me why my second RoW

entry in my sig is misspelled, even though I doublechecked it was correct in my profile entry? It looks as though the board code is somehow transforming the cap "W" into lower case.

Disregard typo problem. It has now self-corrected.

Maybe it's just slow to update?

Regards,

John Kettler

[ June 19, 2002, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]