RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Thread Two)

Got 4 out of 5 running, and am very busy. Participating in 2 other tournaments, that I thought would have finished by now. But both almost died, and then just now revived.

Besides that I am busy in RL to, so the turns might come back a bit slow occasionally.

Bertram

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

II, Sect 3 here again.

Just to update you Treeburst with the encouraging news that I have heard from Tabpub. He wasn't able to send me the startup file as apparently he never received it so if you could get onto that a.s.a.p. it would be greatly appreciated all round.

At least we are now making progress.

Regards

Jim R.

Well, let me add my exciting update to the mix. All five games well underway with one approaching completion. I do believe I have the upper hand in three of them, slightly behind in one and one is too early to tell. Hopefully that's not too much intel to give away? The hard part will be going back and writing AARs - you know, it just occurs to me that going back and reviewing movies gives me no indication what went through my mind during the actual turn and move plotting process. Gives me a whole new suspicioun of actual regimental histories written based on interviews and recollections, or even wartime AARs written days after the event without the benefit of full movie playback...I guess the advantage is that I can reconstruct it in the most favourable light to myself. Sorta like Monty rewriting his thoughts and master plan in Normandy? ;)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

...The hard part will be going back and writing AARs - you know, it just occurs to me that going back and reviewing movies gives me no indication what went through my mind during the actual turn and move plotting process...

I've been writing mine in the form of an ongoing diary for just that reason. IMHO, bare details about "this moved here, that moved there" aren't nearly as interesting as why things were moved, and what you thought about the enemies intentions/actions at any point in time.

Regards

JonS

Me I am no good and can't play to save my life.

Just sent my 1st turn to Redwolf and waiting for his fangs to bite.

Still no turns from White4 or Jazza but I guess they have lives...

;)

Off to bed to seek solace in the arms of my beloved....

smile.gif

H

I need very dark blue sunglasses or something like that. I went to Vermont for two days and if I see another green thing the next days I'll go color-blind. I am back and answering moves right now.

Tero told me a week ago he won't do battle until today (Sunday evening). No word of Cogust. Treeburst, get Wreck back in here. EDIT: please smile.gif

[ June 16, 2002, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Hobo,

The scenario designers deserve all credit for a fun tourney. I just make the tourney run. Like right now...Cogust, where are you?! Let's get the lead out!!

Redwolf,

Wreck is going to play in the Titans tournament IF it actually comes together. I should know in a few more days. If the Titans thing doesn't come together Wreck knows he can jump into the first open slot in this tourney. Maybe he will end up taking Cogust's place.

Hmmm I am sure Cogust will show up.... (please please please...)

;)

Turn sent to Redwolf and one to White4. We are on turn ten in Fire on the mountain, nearly half way through and it has proved me right so far in my views of the scenario.

A stonking game...

As for Polish Push the push is about to start...

smile.gif

H

Originally posted by Holien:

;)

smile.gif

H

Don't believe Holien.

He was a finalist in ROW I and has clobbered me several times. Still, when CM fails, it's nice to have a beloved.

:D:D

If it were possible, H, you could come to my group. It's very turn friendly (with the exception of Pixelmaster, who is lagging well behind the others. Turn please!) My thanks to all the others for plenty of CM excitement.

Hi all,

a1steaks , Combined Arms and Thorbjen (sp) are sending turns on at least daily basis. Last turn from Pixelmaster was from the 6/15/02, two days ago.

J.Porta `s last turn is from 6/11/02, six days ago.

One game I will surely loose, one game is doing fine and the other are to early to tell.

Nice scenarios.

Damn Stug III ´s .... redface.gif

Originally posted by Holien:

;)

smile.gif

H

Hmm, it seems that my role this turn was to provide moving targets for some of Holien's Y. Now that I know it exists...AHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

WHite4's building demolition crew is working overtime! You occupy it, we blow it down!

Did you know that Lucio is french for "there's not a winery or resturant in here, destroy town immedately."?

Ahhhh Haaa So I guess you now know that I have some surprises in store for you. (And plenty more so keep your nose out!!!)

smile.gif

You will see from my AAR I had a cunning plan. As cunning as a cunning thing...

;)

Hmmm as I have not seen the turn and I am chained to my place of work the loss of more buildings does not bode well. I just hope my legs moved fast enough to get out!!!

If not may my men find a cellar stocked with wine to keep them occupied until they are dug out.

I look forward to seeing it all tonight in 2 hours time.

Cheers

H

[ June 17, 2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

All the strumpets, harlots and wenches in my group have had their motherloving turns back. It's a fix, I tell you, a fix!

I am being roundly trounced in two games, and the other three have not gone far enough for me to be able to estimate how heavily I am being trounced in them.

Ay-ya-yi.

LOL Sodball...

As for me, well its like waiting for a bus, you wait all weekend and sod all turns up.

You come back from work on a Monday and I have had three...

White4 your green men await you. When will you run out of X?

Jazza I am coming to get you. I know where you live!!!

As for Redwolf he is complaining about my Poles knocking a French Town about. Since when did the Germans worry about the French!!!

tongue.gif

Back at Ya. My the falling bricks knock you out!!!

H