CMAK Screenshot Gallery updated with dozens of new pics!

First off those screenshots are awsome..

Second..Now that you will see dust clouds from moving vehicles..will your troops be able to spot the dust clouds from the enemy AFVs and vehicles etc..even though they cantsee the vehicle itself?

Would be interesting if you could..add a little flavor to a battle and make things a little more interesting..You see the dust and know the enemy is coming..but how many are there and what equipment do they have.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rommel, yup, Im pretty sure that is the case. I havnt got time to test right at the moment but I am 90% sure I recall a game where dust was rising behind a rise and I knew something bad was on the way smile.gif

Gpig...its a hard coded thing so not something we can change, but Ill run it past Chalres smile.gif

Dan

Yes, you will be able to see dust rise from vehicles you can not see for yourself. The dust clouds kicked up by vehicles were often hundreds (if not more) feet high and as such the game will let you see them far before you can spot the tanks/vehicles that are creating them.

It would also be a massive CPU hit to check for spotting of sand/dust clouds all the time due to their irregular shape and size.

Madmatt

aaaaaaahhhhh, as an old forward observer who saws thousands of rounds hit its good to see that dust come from HE artillery explosions.

one of my long lasting pet peeves can now die!

Looks good

I did notice one of the M-10 crewmen looked a bit like Saddam Hussein thou...

The screenshots looks totally awesome :D

How is it going to look the unit menu and the bottom information bar? I would like to translate this game to Spanish as I did with CMBB, and if both interfaces looks similar, I will be able to reuse some of my work.

[ August 22, 2003, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Caid ]

They are excellent screenies. I was dubious at first - playing in the desert never really appealed. I was imagining it being a very short lived experience as you have tank battles stretched over miles of terrain - but they have proven me wrong I'm glad to say - I'm looking forward to this on the most. I take it we're still looking at a christmas ETA ?? :D

Matt, thanks for the update. The palm trees and the desert brush is terrific!

I'd still like to see some American infantry in Italy, just to compare to the old CMBO models.

I hear whispers that CMAK plays differently from CMBB. I'm looking forward to hearing about the tweaks and improvements in store for CMAK.

Hi,

It’s all too good to be true. Outstanding… lost for words. smile.gif

I have known for a long time that I suffer from some form of clinical addiction to the CM series of games. But I will not be going to see a man in a white coat about the problem… as I enjoy my addiction and do not want it to end. smile.gif

At this stage in the game development I always feel like a small child in the run up to Christmas… I suspect I am not the only one. ;)

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

It looks like Juju has had a hand at helping BFC with their explosions judging by the visual impact those screenshots show when something goes boom.

Heh, Kwazydog's right. I must admit I too thought they had been reworked in some way.

I did see the return of the Italian small arms I did for BB, though. smile.gif

I just emailed an old N. Africa war buff buddy of mine the url for the screenshots. Maybe I can convince him to get a new video card for his creaky old imac befor the game comes out, because its pretty much guaranteed to be the game of his dreams!

I see nothing in the screenshots to suggest the system requirements are going to be much higher than for CMBB.

By the way, nice 'Italian' looking mountains! I don'think we could get mountains to look like that in CMBB.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Tell you what, I wont't say anything about your screw up regarding dust on what are obviously gravel roads if you don't say anything on my alleged error.

Steve

I drive on gravel roads almost everyday, and some of them kick up a whole bunchdust. In fact just two nights ago, we were following a friend and lost LOS with them because of all the dust they were kicking up. However some gravel roads, the ones with lots and lots of gravel, arent too bad. Regardless, I cant imagine how much dust a tank running at full speed would kick up.

This is completely off topic, but am I the only one who turns on their windshield wipers while driving through dust on a dirt road? My wife thinks I am completely ignorant, but I always enjoy looking at the faces of other people as they drive past me.

Originally posted by Makes The Jelly Judder:

Im disappointed, just a bunch of yellow tanks we have all seen before. Where are the crusaders? Just a bunch of yellow panzers from cmbb if you ask me

*In best panto voice* Behind the Stuart!

And send me some turns... :D

Originally posted by Cpl Dodge:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Tell you what, I wont't say anything about your screw up regarding dust on what are obviously gravel roads if you don't say anything on my alleged error.

Steve

I drive on gravel roads almost everyday, and some of them kick up a whole bunchdust. In fact just two nights ago, we were following a friend and lost LOS with them because of all the dust they were kicking up. However some gravel roads, the ones with lots and lots of gravel, arent too bad. Regardless, I cant imagine how much dust a tank running at full speed would kick up.</font>