Product News: CMBB Strategy Guide 2nd Edition Now Shipping!

Well I am impressed. Hadn't checked the boards here for forever. Got an order shipment notice and thought I was losing my mind. Then I saw that's its for free.

Very impressed. That's why your company is the best in the business.

Can't wait for it to get here.

-Byron

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been so impressed than I have with you folks. I haven't been on the forums in a few days and I get an email from my company's mailroom stating that I have a package. I'm thinking WTF. So... I went up there and what do you know... Another strat guide. THANKS BTS!!!

[ May 01, 2003, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Knavery ]

Originally posted by Snowbart:

Sweet Jesus.....just got mine in the mail.....gonna be a great day!!!!!!!!!

:D

So, let's have a report. You've had three minutes since posting! Not that it really matters, since mine is already on the way, but it will give me something to read while I'm waiting to start reading.

[ May 01, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Elmo ]

Mine just arrive, too. Woo Hoo.

A few quick impressions:

Looks like the map-margins are a bit lighter and narrower now, so they don't tend to overwhelm the text so much as in the first edition. The print also looks darker and with a slightly larger font. This makes the text considerably easier to read. It also improves the legibility of the tables.

There also seems to be a bit more contrast in the screenshots, so they're a tad more legible--though they're still grey on grey and one must still study them carefully to make out the point being illustrated.

So, along with the fixed typos, we have a more legible book.

got mine today and mine was sent out tuesday

only 2 days to the west coast

differences

1 there is nothing stating that this is the 2nd edition(I was a bit worried)

2.cover art of the panther and jagdpanther was lightened up a bit for a much cleaner picture

3.all charts are now in a Bold for verticle charts and a larger font for horizontal charts

haven't had a chance to read it yet(i've had it about 5 min)

this is what I spotted first

but it's looking good so far

[ May 01, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Robert Isenberg ]

Originally posted by beyerun:

Well I am impressed. Hadn't checked the boards here for forever. Got an order shipment notice and thought I was losing my mind. Then I saw that's its for free.

Very impressed. That's why your company is the best in the business.

Hehe... my thoughts exactly, except both "order" and book got popped through my letter box this morning (UK). I was mildly surprised, to say the least. That's what comes of not checking the boards often enough !

Marvellous job, Battlefront !! :D

Wow, that was quick. I receive my copy yesterday in the mail only 2 days after ordering. I have hardly had a chance to read it yet but I really like the charts.

FYI I did notice one mistake which may have slipped through into the 2nd Edition. On page 1/19 & 1/20 it says that the lightening bolt represnets an HQ's command ability and a star represents the combat bonus. I think it's actually the other way around. A minor point however.

Guide arrived this morning - Cheers BFC

One thing I noticed is a sentence on page 35 that still doesn't seem to read right. (6-5 lines from bottom - unchanged from 1st edition)

'On one hand, you want the enemy to avoid Trenches and wander into the sites of your guns.'

Should it possibly be 'sights' instead of 'sites'?

A Yank just got his in two days. Looks great. Very good quality printing and binding with easy to read text and charts. The screen shots are too small for my old eyes but that is a minor complaint and others probably can see them fine. I only skimmed the content but many of the Notes look spot on. This guide looks just like what I'd expect from Battlefront. My first impression is "thumbs up".