OK, so I'm an old fart - Is anybody else? (O/T)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 38 and have been wargaming since I was 8 (no fooling) in various scales 1/32, 1/87, 1/285 on land sea and air with dimensional and flat games. My dad hooked me on it when I was young after seeing him prepare for and run a campaign against several of his friends in Ct. I expect that with this game I will continue for a good long time.

Well, not quite Hundminen, as I am only 35. However, my wife already calls me a growly- bear, and thinks I'm pretty strange, but hey she knew it was a package deal when she signed up.

TIP: Right when she is in the middle of a really good rant try "Hey, why don't you go make me a sandwich?" Usually gets mine laughing (or I get smacked, either way I'm ususlaly looking at 20 more minutes of gaming in solitude)

------------------

desert rat wannabe

I am redeemed!

Thanks to all you old geezers out there (especially GunnerDream), laying your soul on the line for a buddy in need. You have managed to persuade my wife the honorable hobby of wargaming is filled with great old tacticians, craftsmen, and philosophers.

Now, perhaps she won't give me that dirty look next time I want to get in that one last game of CM (or Rogue Spear for that matter - LOL).

Hundminen

(PS - Tobruk, you are my new role model)

[This message has been edited by Hundminen (edited 01-13-2000).]

Try 62, I posted regarding this in the wrong thread. Goes to show, I should not expect too much in PBEM results. Oh, well better re average the ages. This will definitely slew up the average.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dumbo:

The moment i realized I was "mature" is when I was chatting with a girlfreind of mine who i was dating about how star wars was one of my favourite films and asking her if she saw it in the theatre when it was released. She said "Oh I wasnt born when that was out." I doubt I have had a more severe trauma to my phyche in my life. wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For me it was when my sister came over with her daughter and as I pulled out an album, (YES VINYL, She is 7 years old) She looks at me and askes "Uncle Erik, What is that?" I had to sit down.

As I stated earlier, I'm 30.

What is that?…WOW… She will never know the fun we had with 8-track, real to real…

------------------

Always Check Your Six!

33... though my chronological age is more a measure of the attrition of life than the possible measure of maturity & knowledge. Philosopher/warrior ?... more along the lines of a Stooge than anything. CM should permanently excise me from being social beyond the CRT. confused.gif

I am surprised at the age range here. I wouldn't have guessed that computer wargaming would have attracted such an age range. I would have assumed that most grognards would be unmarried/disheveled/unsociable types (uh.. maybe that's MY personal situation :eek smile.gif. Ummm.. I better shut up now, back to the "shadows" with me.

Everyone else is chiming in (including lurkers!) so I'll join, too.

25 and jealous of all of you with wives/girlfriends. The last time I went on a date was, ummm, two and a half years ago. I am so pathetic. I can't believe any of you would rather spend time playing CM than spending time with your SO. Don't you people realize how lucky you are? No matter how great CM is, it is nothing compared to spending time with a woman that you love.

Jason

I do have two drop dead gorgeous (female) roommates, though. 36D-23-34, so there. biggrin.gif

I'm 36 and my wife of 12 years is completely supportive of my habit for both wargaming and WW2 history. I retired from the finance field this year to become a full-time daytrader, and I have found this gives me alot more free time for my gaming passion.

Consequently, I'm not getting my butt kicked quite as fast wink.gif

• 11 months later...

It's nice that I'm a youngin in this game at 30 years old. I was playing a multiplayer online game recently and was told that there must be something wrong with me since I'm playing computer games at my age. I don't think that is likely to happen while playing CM. wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Damn, I'm surprised you guys even remember your ages you're all SOOOO old wink.gif.. No wonder you all wanted an OOB list... That tired old memory isn't working at your advancing years wink.gif

"Ducks and runs for cover".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fionn!!!!!

You bastar....oh, what was the topic again?

I'm confused.

Where's my teeth? wink.gif

Mace (flying the flag at 42)