OK, so I'm an old fart - Is anybody else? (O/T)

Guest AussieJeff

INCOMING!!!.........

Heh,

I seem to remember a very moving experience in 1951 .... wink.gif

It's great to see that there is no nasty generation gap in this forum! We all learn from each other.....ain't that something! smile.gif

Xmas Cheers to all -

AussieJeff

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MantaRay

I am 31, since my birthday anyway. Yes I have been there and done that, but not as many times as some of the geezers here. I am now going to buy some stock in Depends, as you guys will make me a rich man!!!!

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

I'm 13! I've been 13 for the last _ _ years. biggrin.gif

However, I do have four kids. My oldest is 6 and my twins are half as old and my youngest half again. I'm actually eleven times older than my twins. You figure it out. tongue.gif

Hell, without CM I'd really feel old.

Yes, I'd recommend CM as reliable method of family planning. wink.gif

Seriously, since I took up CM, no kids! smile.gif

41, with 42 staring me in the face (sigh). Time marches on..

------------------

Ob's stürmt oder schneit, ob die Sonne uns lacht, der Tag glühend heiß oder eiskalt die Nacht, bestaubt sind die Gesichter, doch froh ist unser sinn, ja unser sinn, es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin

-- Panzerlied

Hi, another lurker chips in.

What Age? Hmmm....

Older than some, not as old as others.

This thread prompted me to drag out my old service records, so.....

According to Household Cavalry and Royal Armoured Corps manning and records office, I enlisted on 30 Nov 72 and left the forces on 20 Aug 91.

My oldest son has just returned from a tour in Kosovo on Challenger 2.

My youngest is working hard at getting a place at Uni sponsored by the Army.

Before you go thinking I'm _old_, I should point out that I enlisted at 15 so am only a young 43, (I think). smile.gif

Like many of the others here I have a very understanding wife, she even brings me cups of tea during halt periods.

The great thing about teenage sons is that you have a ready opponent for any -computer-game-, (sorry, that should read _simulation_), you care to try your hand at. They get to kick my ass (sometimes) (well, most times) at Rogue Spear, I get my own back at CM.

BTW A couple of years ago while sorting out my fathers effects I was asked to check out his computer, the last CD he had had in the drive was... Doom! I can guarantee you that if CM had been around then he would have had a copy. You are only as old as you feel smile.gif

------------------

The Enemy of the Tank is the Tank of the Enemy, ...or some grunt Battalion Commander who wants to use you as a Troop of mobile pillboxes.

42 and wargaming for the past 30 years.

First boardgame was AH's Afrika Korps, fun but I don't miss those game deciding 2-1 attacks on Tobruk.

First computer game was SSI's Pursuit of the Graf Spee for the Apple IIe. I found sites that have almost all of the old IIe and C64 games as well as emulators to play them. I still enjoy playing SSI's Bomb Alley (c. 1981) and it's essentially a text based game. Anyone remember Sim Canada's all text wargames?

Hi,

I am 43, but have exactly the same interests I had when 16. I am clearly backward.

Having said that, I see by some of other names that are 40 or over that I am in good company.

CM is the only computer game I play. I really do feel too old for other computer games but then I was fairly old even when computer games started. TOAW and WF/EF from Talonsoft sound quite good but I am 100% happy with CM so am not curious enough to give them a go.

All the best,

Kip.

All the best,

Kip.

Guest Mirage2k

WOW, this is an old thread, in more ways than one. I'll chime in as one of the few people who responded as being under 20. 17, to be more exact, with a birthday in May (cinco de mayo, those crazy Mexicans). I used to think that being 17 was a complete pain in the you-know-where, but now I'm too giddy to feel that way. Many early-decision college acceptance (and rejection, but we won't talk about that here) letters come in mid-December (mine on December 14, to be exact). Cornell University here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Andrew

------------------

"No, it's not that kind of relationship. We're just friends. We are together all the time, but I never touch her porcelain skin, her soft, red lips, like rose petals from the emperor's bathwater! Bathwater, I tell you, bathwateeeeeeer!"

I'll help lower the average too. I'm 18. And to those of you who mentioned seeing StarWars in the theater, that was my parents first date. Take that!

And I remember playing AH's Afrika Corp too, my second wargame, right after Battle of the Bulge.

Alex