Bug Tracker Thread

5 minutes ago, Grey_Fox said:

Those are last-known positions for contacts which individual units have spotted. The reason you have so many is that some of the troops haven't recognised that there are multiple different last known contacts for the same units.

An example, unit A spots a tank and loses contact with it. A tentative spot is created. Later, unit B spots a tank, and reports the contact. This is the same tank, but neither A nor B know that, and this is what the player sees.

This is part of the deep fog of war that is core to CM gameplay. It's not a bug just because you don't like it.

I understand WHY they are there. The problem is that the contacts are far too excessive and prohibit movement on things like roads. I can't plot movement orders from high up where it's the most practical on maps like this because the partial contact will block where I want to place my waypoint. So my waypoint will be placed 10m from where I want it, making me zoom in for every single waypoint that's blocked by these nonsense contacts.

Of course the feature is one that makes CM great and separates it from other games, but they are far too excessive.

6 hours ago, Artkin said:

Artkin #11

Infantry unable to navigate through thickly hedged maps. They split consistently when ordered to run over long distances including roads. They also especially split when ordered to move through hedgerow doors/fence doors in thickly hedged maps.

If this is not a bug would you consider this intentional behavior? Tell me, do you see my HQ units anywhere?

The third image is a picture of the stragglers of my mortar teams FINALLY catching up after 30 or so minutes. They were idle for most of that time. I only ordered them to run down an unobstructed road.

CM-Normandy-2022-11-21-17-51-46.png

CM-Normandy-2022-11-21-17-51-41.png

CM-Normandy-2022-11-21-17-52-39.png

That´s the hassles with TacAI inability to coordinate squad/team members movements. It´s like...everybody for himself. We´ll meet at point X and how you´ll get there (individually)...it´s your call. But do it fast! (bottleneck = holdup, so go around, which seems faster)

So path finding gets into its own way when it figures certain pixeltroopers will bottleneck at certain points. Those that do not fit in (at predicted time) are then beeing sent other ways. Only solution is stagger movement with rather small teams and just in rather short leaps (<60-80m). Manageable for human player, but way more PITA for the AIP.

Edited by RockinHarry

@RockinHarry

The staggering is not a solution since it significantly increases the time to move that distance, and it also significantly increases the fatigue over that distance. Infantry will tire themselves out at an exorbitant rate when ordered to move within an action square (I.e. the shuffling infantry do at the end of a waypoint). 

19 minutes ago, Artkin said:

@RockinHarry

The staggering is not a solution since it significantly increases the time to move that distance, and it also significantly increases the fatigue over that distance. Infantry will tire themselves out at an exorbitant rate when ordered to move within an action square (I.e. the shuffling infantry do at the end of a waypoint). 

Not sure if I´d described well here. Maybe spacing and move off between individual soldiers within a squad/team describes it better maybe. However... just did some testing with my 251 test mod mission and noticed something interesting. Maybe it´s my wishful thinking or I´d just observed an improved soldier spacing and coordination in CMRT V2.12 Can anybody check on this as well? 🤔

22 hours ago, Artkin said:

Artkin #11

Terrible LODs for Bmp-1 that have no consistency. Units will be dull at 50m, then bright at 100m, then dull again at 150m (Ranges are guesswork).

CM-Cold-War-2022-11-21-18-32-55.png

CM-Cold-War-2022-11-21-18-31-33.png

Note the wheels:

CM-Cold-War-2022-11-21-18-46-44.png

Is that a scenario (which one?) or a QB? I took a look at Mittelaschenbach because it has a bunch of BMP-1s and a wooded areas. They looked fine, no matter what combo of shaders, shadow or view height or direction I used. I'm on a Mac, though, so different graphics processing.

Dave

Edited by Ultradave

15 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Not sure if I´d described well here. Maybe spacing and move off between individual soldiers within a squad/team describes it better maybe. However... just did some testing with my 251 test mod mission and noticed something interesting. Maybe it´s my wishful thinking or I´d just observed an improved soldier spacing and coordination in CMRT V2.12 Can anybody check on this as well? 🤔

Individual soldier spacing seems mostly fine to me except in houses where it's atrocious. 5 men per window. I can't see that happening in real life on a consistent basis even with conscripts. 

48 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Is that a scenario (which one?) or a QB? I took a look at Mittelaschenbach because it has a bunch of BMP-1s and a wooded areas. They looked fine, no matter what combo of shaders, shadow or view height or direction I used. I'm on a Mac, though, so different graphics processing.

Dave

That's Valley of Tears edited. 

I'm on 1.05 but noted there were no bugfixes in 1.06 so it shouldnt change anything. My modset does not change vehicle textures. 

I believe I was using "Improved" graphics with shaders on, shadows off.

I'm also having issues with tank wheels of every variant for both soviet and usa. The same issue that was solved by Phil in another thread. 

45 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Individual soldier spacing seems mostly fine to me except in houses where it's atrocious. 5 men per window. I can't see that happening in real life on a consistent basis even with conscripts. 

Did you test compare CMRT V2.12 with previous version? Or with latest version CMBN and CMFB?

Yep, the overcrowded building issue. Some better TacAI decision making and fixing circular TA is required. I workaround this by assigning this circular TA then followed by "hunt" command on the spot. Then individual pixeltroopers distribute themselves at available windows somewhat better. But as soon as the shooting starts it all gets FUBAR again.

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

That's Valley of Tears edited. 

I'm on 1.05 but noted there were no bugfixes in 1.06 so it shouldnt change anything. My modset does not change vehicle textures. 

I believe I was using "Improved" graphics with shaders on, shadows off.

I'm also having issues with tank wheels of every variant for both soviet and usa. The same issue that was solved by Phil in another thread. 

Sorry, can't reproduce no matter what I do with graphics settings. Must be a PC only thing. I can run that set on "Best" on my MacBook Pro and it runs and looks just fine. I tried your settings and several others and had no issues. None with Soviet tanks either (although I'm not positive what it is I'm looking for - bogie wheels, sprocket wheels not moving? Mine looked fine).

Dave

Not a bug but rather big inaccuracy. German ammo for rifle cup launcher is still far too low. Standard was at least 15 grenades per soldier (5xHEAT, 10xHE) and ATM it´s always just a third of it at max. BFC If for some reason you want them that largely reduced, better do via "supply" tab like other ammo and not by default. Thanks.

CMFI R2V brz folder has filenames with errors

folder fortress italy v210e rome to victory

subfolder sound

sub-subfolder additional voices

numerous files for south africans are named as "southafrcican" with an extra c.

My humble recommendation is the beta team should have SPECIFIC people assigned to check these things and spot errors not just play the game and look for stuff. Maybe I am not knowing that this IS done but somehow, some-effing-how, these goofs and oddities go right out the door on release. Nobody is perfect and these beta tester dudes just get to keep the beta version of the game as their payment for services rendered to BFC. 

Also famous partial bmp's such as the below. The CMRT one is very cool as it shows the uv map lines! 🙂

tHyxrFu.png

fAkvRaq.png

Maybe these little goofs are minor and don't always harm the gameplay. But some South African guy did the CMFI voices and the filenames probably don't load for the proper voice to be played. 

I fixed the spelling error filenames and they are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ok27o6do3rwhzkd/AABYoaMiHfHBXlgCEfOgzTNDa?dl=0

Edited by kohlenklau

On 11/22/2022 at 5:49 AM, RockinHarry said:

thanks for confirming. IIRC I got neither (FB & RT) but will check again.

New detail on CMRT ammo dumps. If making them "reinforcements" they will appear on map at set time. But still not at start of a battle (beeing not a reinforcement). Odd...

For AIP it´s similar but ammo will be distributed evenly for all appropriate types. Infantry with no fitting weapon type will make unneded ammo deleted from the game. I.e placing an ammo dump spawned from a dismounted mortar carrier truck will only distribute small arms ammo with mortar ammo beeing deleted, if there´s no on map mortar unit. Okay... makes sense.. to a certain degree... but if I want the mortar ammo dump beeing preserved with original load out and ammo not beeing distributed immediately? As said Iron game play mode. So ammo depot mechanics seem different between CMBN and CMFB/CMRT. Why? 🤔

CMFB Flak36-37mm will slew its gun barrel sideways instead of elevating it when engaging aircraft. May also be present in some other titles, but Red Thunder has a model with the correct animations if anyone wants to swap out the models to get rid of this bug. Seeing as the last patch for CMFB was over 2 years ago it might be quicker to fix it yourselves.

I spotted another bug, probably been reported but just in case...

German Pioneers lose their ability to mark mines on loading a save game. CMFB (2.03).

In Final Blitzkrieg, several German armored formations have support companies that consist of single teams of pioneers and transport.

e.g

wf9t2hK.png

When you play with these units, they start off with the pioneer icon and have the ability to mark mines. As you would expect.

On first save:

w27LScc.jpg

But.... if you save and load the game you get this...

After Save and Load:

pVaZhyp.jpg

It appears the save game is read differently to the scenario file. Note the Pioneers are also a HQ, however before saving they have the pioneer ability to mark mines. On load the game seems to see them only as a HQ unit. They can still BLAST due to charges which remain in inventory but "Mark Mines" is lost. In other Pioneer formations where squad leaders command separate pioneer squads, the leader can also not clear mines.

I have a feeling this will be present in other WWII games, but I'm not part of the beta team, and I don't have them all installed at the moment so I'll leave that to them.

Edited by Jace11

I had some small hope that the CMRT 2.12 "patch" would address the lack of DP LMG as a purchasable team for Soviet infantry and Guards infantry. The partisans have it but it was somehow lost along the way from CMRT to CMRT F&R. I heard through the grapevine that it was an accident at a high level. Nobody is perfect.

The "Mother of all bottlenecks" (p.b.u.h.) now goes back to the jar (his day job) until he has 15 minutes of time to work on BFC stuff. 

Maybe BFC could take a page from the physical boardgame world and have a "pre-order" for a speculative game such as Combat Mission Early War. Before development even begins, they set a required minimum number of pledged investor-purchasers. Show that on BFC and see if the pledge/purchases roll in. Pay up now and get it for $50 or wait and later after it is developed it is like $100.

Edited by kohlenklau

8 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

The "Mother of all bottlenecks" (p.b.u.h.) now goes back to the jar (his day job) until he has 15 minutes of time to work on BFC stuff. 

🤣

8 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Maybe BFC could take a page from the physical boardgame world and have a "pre-order" for a speculative game such as Combat Mission Early War. Before development even begins, they set a required minimum number of pledged investor-purchasers. Show that on BFC and see if the pledge/purchases roll in. Pay up now and get it for $50 or wait and later after it is developed it is like $100.

Here's my $50 ... how many pledges do we need? 1000, 2000 ... 10,000

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2023 at 2:10 PM, Chibot Mk IX said:

CMSF 2. 

During the game USMC recon squad's M4A1+M203 suddenly change to M4A1+M320

You are obviously using mods while testing for game bugs. Which is not the way to do thing.

Maybe you are using an M4+GL model mod that does not override any lower detail distance models. I which case it is the mod at fault.

Minor bug found in CMBN.

It happens when you scan through units in the final map screen, searching for trophies.

For at least two of my units, the number of captured enemies in the scenario was BIGGER than the number of  enemy units captured in the whole campaign!

Only happens for missing, not for KIA.

I forgot to take a snapshot, sorry.

It shouldn't distrurb anybody's sleep, but I felt I shall report.

Greetings,

PEB (CMBN newbie)