Bug Tracker Thread

CM Black Sea
When a battle ends (I've seen this at least in quick battles), AAR screen is shown and then you can go and preview the final positions of units on map. 

the bug:
At least in the past ALL units were shown in full detail, without any fog of war. Now there are also unit markers that stay "unsure", just like they are during the battle. For example you know it's an enemy tank, but do not know what kind of tank.

29 minutes ago, SlowMotion said:

CM Black Sea
When a battle ends (I've seen this at least in quick battles), AAR screen is shown and then you can go and preview the final positions of units on map. 

the bug:
At least in the past ALL units were shown in full detail, without any fog of war. Now there are also unit markers that stay "unsure", just like they are during the battle. For example you know it's an enemy tank, but do not know what kind of tank.

This might have been fixed in the new patch 2.18. It mentioned something about this in the changelog though I have never experienced the bug myself

13 hours ago, Artkin said:

This might have been fixed in the new patch 2.18. It mentioned something about this in the changelog though I have never experienced the bug myself

I checked 2.18 patch Readme and I did not notice comments about this being fixed. The game where I saw this happening was played using 2.16.  I now updated to 2.18, must pay attention if I still see it in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little annoyed right now thanks to the deep ford issue so I'm going to post this list early and then add subsequent lists as I encounter more issues:

cmrt psw223 gunner misplaced
cmfi semovente cant fire when lost 1 crew
cmbs combining squads in editor doesn't apply to game
cmbs ural 4320, tigr cant cross deep ford despite having snorkel kit. Ford is 4-5 feet deep.

cmbs ukrainian atgm and manpad platoons always come loaded up in the wrong vehicles

Intended bavior?:
cmrt 50mm puma bounce of wooden bunker, prefers AP
CMRT 50mm puma closes hatch too much
cmrt on map wespe cant indirect fire
cmcw BTR60PU has gunner?
cmcw suicidal bmp-1 gunner ATGM reload in front of spotted infantry ~100m
ALL floating dancing icons all over the map for units that have no business knowing these unit locations

Edited by Artkin

Just now, Bulletpoint said:

What do you mean by this one?

When the puma was opened up I had AT shells from a 45mm gun (2.5km away) shooting maybe 50m high at a very sporadic rate. The shells were nowhere near the pumas. Then I was fighting to keep my crew opened up despite having no suppression. The AT guns appeared to stop firing too. Nobody in the platoon was hit either. I only had this issue with pumas, 222's and 223's seemingly did not have this issue. 

4 hours ago, Artkin said:

The shells were nowhere near the pumas. Then I was fighting to keep my crew opened up despite having no suppression.

Have to admit that probably common sense by the crew.  I found that keeping my tanks buttoned up unless I really want them to look around is good for survival.

• 2 months later...

Loyd carrier has a bug. Both CMFI and CMBN. 

Starboard side roadwheel does not turn.

3D modeller was tired that night I guess and typo named it whee5 instead of wheel5 in the model data.

I fixed it and it now turns.

I could offer the fix to the community but I would miss out on time and opportunity. I wouldn't be alive 58 years if I didn't know what I was doing! :D

EDIT: Here is the Loyd Carrier mdr fix for CMFI and CMBN. To me this is a hobby and part of a life-long love for WW2 history, so I can work hours and hours and actually make stuff. "Make mods, not excuses."

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sgqdkn7kxe79wox/AADcsARWIKaRT8DabAsnhe5ia?dl=0

Edited by kohlenklau

I'll chip in too. This is my current CM bugs file. The ---- indicates the new stuff (since I posted in this thread previously using this list).

cmrt psw223 gunner misplaced
cmfi semovente cant fire when lost 1 crew
cmbs combining squads in editor doesn't apply to game
cmbs ural 3420, tigr cant cross deep ford despite having snorkel kit. Ford is 4-5 feet deep.

Intended behavior?:
cmrt 50mm puma bounce of wooden bunker, prefers AP
CMRT 50mm puma closes hatch too much
cmrt on map wespe cant indirect fire
cmcw BTR60PU has gunner?
cmcw suicidal bmp-1 gunner ATGM reload in front of spotted infantry ~100m
ALL floating dancing icons all over the map for units that have no business knowing these unit locations

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cmbs sniper hand moves up barrel when shooting then back to magazine after every shot
cmbs vehicles bog at insane rate trying to cross shallow ford
ALL able to see enemy's reinforcements in hotseat
cmrt german 1st section mortar not in c2
cmrt pak40 too resistant to .50, sometimes fires off angle turn based
cmrt conscripts rotating -> aiming -> firing and wind up never firing for a long time >30s
cmrt conscripts not entering house entirely
cmrt conscripts bunching up in windows like a clown car
cmrt conscripts not engaging targets >250m despite having capable weapons
cmrt studebaker 2-man crew does not sit in front seats
CMCW m113a2 gunner does not rotate with gun
CMCW russian mortars deployed in editor start scenario undeployed
CMCW M113 smokes and retreats when sees truck driving with AT Gun
cmcw m113 reversing from bmp-2 3km away
cmrt no le.i.g. 18 for june 22
CMBS btr-4e choosing barrier atgm when 30mm is the clear choice
CMRT 5:29AM and before is brighter than 5:30 and later\
CMFI Spw 251/2 mortar halftrack has regular Spw 251/1 picture on hud

On 5/14/2023 at 11:36 PM, Artkin said:

CMRT 5:29AM and before is brighter than 5:30 and later\

I think this one is probably because you are playing with artificial night brightness enabled. This makes the night very bright, but at a certain time, the game switches to daytime and this disables the setting at a time before the sun is up, making it seem like it suddenly gets darker.

CMBN (but all other titles also, most likely)

In campaign, you cannot change headcount of core, infantry units whatsoever. Whatever the heacount setting, either in the core file or in the scenario files, actual headcount is always 100% (minus casualties sustained in previous scenarios).

This is NOT true for artillery support though. If you add core artillery units to the core file with headcount below than "full", the number of guns available for support will be reduced accordingly from the first scenario onwards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 3:56 AM, Bulletpoint said:

I think this one is probably because you are playing with artificial night brightness enabled. This makes the night very bright, but at a certain time, the game switches to daytime and this disables the setting at a time before the sun is up, making it seem like it suddenly gets darker.

No that's not it

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Artkin said:

ALL GAMES - the rotating turret bug, can this please get addressed? I've seen it in all the games. I usually have it happen to conscript troops but now it's affecting my veteran stummel crew. Turn available on request.

Hi,

What is the rotating turret bug?

1 hour ago, PEB14 said:

Hi,

I should have been more specific sorry. 

It's when the AI sees a target but gets stuck between rotating to the target and then rotating back to center, in an endless loop. The target never gets shot at because the turret keeps aiming back and fourth from the center line and then back to the target. 

1 hour ago, PEB14 said:

Hi,

I guess he means a target loop: the gunner turns the turret/traverse the gun to a target, aims and suddenly disengages (gun in neutral position) only to start the process all over again but never actually firing the gun. 

I had it too but rather rare. Most of the times it happened to me with heavy machine guns. They kept switching targets again and again for several turns but never really firing. They did so until I repositioned them all together. 

22 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Or is the thread the direct link to the team?

I'm happy to be corrected but I don't think this thread is a link to the 'beta team', although some of the good folk named as beta testers have been active in this thread and presumably feed back some of the issues (to Charles and others?).  As for the team, the F&R beta tester list in the manual has 35 names on it, but whether that's the case for looking at bug fixes outside of new release testing I don't know.

Perhaps two of the lovely beta testers @Ultradave or @George MC can comment on this, or perhaps you'd rather not 😉

It is of course none of my business, in a business sense.

I think some of us catch sight of things here or elsewhere in the forum, and try to reproduce it or ask for more info so we can. When I do, and it's something I feel confident/competent to evaluate, I'll either make a new bug report in the tracking system, or verify it's already in there.

As far as when things might get fixed, none of us beta testers have any control over that other than to add our voices, which we do.

Dave

2 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

I'll either make a new bug report in the tracking system, or verify it's already in there.

Thanks Dave, I think that's more or less what I thought.  What most of us don't have sight of is of course the tracking system, so it's good to know you and others are checking / updating / whatever.

Now I must get back to Italy, your boys will be waiting for me 😉.

26 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Thanks Dave, I think that's more or less what I thought.  What most of us don't have sight of is of course the tracking system, so it's good to know you and others are checking / updating / whatever.

Now I must get back to Italy, your boys will be waiting for me 😉.

That they are, yes.

I totally forgot the issue was resolved in cmbs from the 2.18 update:

"FIXED: AI gets confused with two targets and enters a cycle of turning the turret back and forth and never choosing a target "

However I have noticed the problem in cmrt, and most recently in cmfi with a stummel halftrack specifically.