Bug Tracker Thread

2 hours ago, SlowMotion said:

CMBN v4.04:  Is there a reason why M10 tank destroyers cannot use Target Light command even though they have both a main gun and a machine gun?

I think this issue is related to many AAMG. I had the same issue with a US M16 halftrack.

• 2 weeks later...

Technical Group (heavy) Formation missing for Unconventionals in Quick Battle (CMSF2)

I'm not too sure about where to officially report bugs, but it looks like this is the place. I've already made a post about it in the CMSF2 subforum, so I'm crossposting it here for tracking purposes.

Pretty straightforward bug, a formation that's supposed to be in the game a does not show up in the Quick Battle force selector, even though it shows up in the scenario editor's force selector like it should.

9 hours ago, Brille said:

I tested this now in CMBN and there is in fact a problem here.

A split of engineer team (with 4 charges available) will take one charge, while a full squad (8 charges available) will take 3 charges at the same building.

I could have sworn it was somewhat different back then but the last time I used those demo charges extensively is some time ago.

That´s really weird...

Definitively sounds like a bug!

56 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Definitively sounds like a bug!

This also happens with walls. 

So at the moment it is more effective to split engineers to get the most out of them. 

I will test the same for the other titles in the following days. 

But I guess it could be a problem overall. 

• 2 weeks later...

CMRT new patch 2.13...I think it just took away the capability to purchase a German flamethrower team in the scenario editor. I definitely had that ability before.

EDIT: I can only purchase the FT team in Luftwaffe airborne infantry.

Before it was regular German infantry could...

BFC patch is like a guy brings new topping item to the salad bar but then everybody sees they accidentally stop bringing tomatoes or whatever.

Edited by kohlenklau

8 hours ago, Artkin said:

FIX OR AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE HALF TRACK GUNNERS

😉

And also check the Bren Carrier's crew protection, which looks a lot overestimated, especially in comparison with the halftrack's…

Additionally, while technically not a bug, the Carrier's Bren shall be dismountable. This weapon was supposed to be used primarily from out of the vehicle, which is after all… a carrier!

Edited by PEB14

Bug!

NOBODY can recover and use the 2-in mortar from the British Loyd carriers. In the AT tank sections of the Support Company there is a vehicle called 'X' mortar. This Loyd carrier owns a 2-in mortar. Well, NOBODY can recover and use this mortar, it never shows in the unit's inventory. I've tried with the Section's AT gun and ammo bearer teams, with the Loyd's driver, and with another company's infantry team. NOPE. NO WAY. This mortar CANNOT be used.

"3 Mortar" Loyd Carrier from the AT section of the Support Company. Inventory shows the 2-in mortar.

captur44.png

The same inventory after the driver "recovered" the mortar and a couple of HE & WP rounds:

captur43.png

The dismounted driver. He likes his Enfield so much that he threw the mortar away…🤬

captur42.png

I did the same test with a variety of units, and the result is always the same. The 2-in mortar never appears in the recovering unit's inventory.

14 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Are you sure it comes from the LOYD and not from the CARRIER?

I am not sure it was from the Loamshires scenario and it is the Recon unit. TBH I didn't pay much attention, I used to call them all Bren Carriers, don't know the difference. It just says carrier platoon.

Edited by chuckdyke

1 minute ago, chuckdyke said:

I am not sure it was from the Loamshires scenario and it is the Recon unit. TBH I didn't pay much attention, I used to call them all Bren Carriers, don't know the difference. It just says carrier platoon.

The recon unit's vehicle is a CARRIER. I confirm that it is possible for any unit to recover the 2-in mortar (and also the PIAT) from the CARRIER vehicle.

The LOYD is a different, slightly bigger vehicle used in the Support Company for towing AT guns.

There is no issue with the CARRIER's transported weapons. Only with the LOYD's.

4 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

captur44.png

@chuckdykeFYI.

The vehicle in the foreground is a LOYD.

The vehicles in the backgound are CARRIERS.

Apart from the size, they're easy to distinguish thanks to the engine compartment which makes the LOYD an asymmetrical vehicle.

1 minute ago, PEB14 said:

The LOYD is a different, slightly bigger vehicle used in the Support Company for towing AT guns.

Much obliged you pointed this out. Sometimes carriers also mount a deployed Vickers MG but if you take them of the carrier you can't deploy them whilst mounted. I think it was thew Hobarts Funnies scenario.

5 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Much obliged you pointed this out. Sometimes carriers also mount a deployed Vickers MG but if you take them of the carrier you can't deploy them whilst mounted. I think it was thew Hobarts Funnies scenario.

Thank you for pointing it out. In the Scottish Corridor scenario I'm just starting, there are two such Carrier mounting Vickers HMGs. Hence I'll do some tests before playing the mission!!!

• 2 weeks later...