How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

23 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

Hmm, I´m not so sure if he is still fit enough for the job or a 2nd term. You US guys certainly are better informed than me.

People trip. I'm less than half Biden's age and I rolled my ankle pretty good just this last weekend when I somehow managed to stumble while walking across completely flat, hard pavement. Gerald Ford pretty famously took a header down the stairs of Air Force One and he was in his early 60s at the time.

50 minutes ago, Kinophile said:

Not just the Admin building in Shebekino:

Reportedly fuel trucks stood on the territory of plant. "Monocrycstal" is important enterprise, which produce artifical sapphires and other stuff, using in science and military optical systems. Wives of plant employees complain that chiefs of plant force workers to remove ruines and recover remained sapphires from burned equipmnet with bare hand. Some crystals have 100 kg of weight. And all this under shelling of town.

Local administratin didn't declare emergency situation, citizens are leaving the town mostly on own wheels, taking to own car some people without own transport. Centralized evacuation can't maintain removal of population from dangerous zone. W/o emergency situation, people, which houses were damaged can't get any compensation, they also can't get a status of displasment persons. So, some people just moved themselves to noirthern outskirt of the town ans wait what will happen further. 

Intensive shellings of border area of Belgorod oblast have been lasting already three days. Shebekino SW suburbs - villages Novaya Tavolzhanka and Titovka suffer not only shellings from UKR side, but also from Russian side, including TOS-1 fire. 

RVC also claimed they have spotted gathering of command staff in the building of local police directorate and hit the building with Grad MLRS.    

Edited by Haiduk

16 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Dude he wasnt even fit for his first term.

Oh I don't know. He has been good enough on his feet to arrange the destruction of the Russian military with only 4% of the US military budget, thoroughly pantsed the GOP on the debt limit fight and Americans 25 to 54 are working at their highest rate since 2001.

If that's not fit, I'll take more unfitness please.

5 minutes ago, billbindc said:

Oh I don't know. He has been good enough on his feet to arrange the destruction of the Russian military with only 4% of the US military budget, thoroughly pantsed the GOP on the debt limit fight and Americans 25 to 54 are working at their highest rate since 2001.

If that's not fit, I'll take more unfitness please.

I very highly doubt mastermind Biden had much to do with that. The president really can't do much without congress approval. I'm not a political student so correct me if I'm wrong.

Also yes the budget, I was probably the first person to bring up how much bang we're getting for our buck in this conflict.

Just now, Artkin said:

I very highly doubt mastermind Biden had much to do with that. The president really can't do much without congress approval. I'm not a political student so correct me if I'm wrong.

Also yes the budget, I was probably the first person to bring up how much bang we're getting for our buck in this conflict.

Oh man - and back you go onto my block list -  bye bye .

6 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Actually, the President can do quite a bit without immediate and express Congressional approval if the authorities already exist. You know, like all that aid to Ukraine. So no, you are not a political student and you are very wrong.

2 hours ago, DesertFox said:

You simply can´t make that up. Taking over russia by NUTELLA. Totally nuts!

Nutella 750g

The question is how many of them have the sense to take the deal.

28 minutes ago, Reclaimer said:

People trip. I'm less than half Biden's age and I rolled my ankle pretty good just this last weekend when I somehow managed to stumble while walking across completely flat, hard pavement. Gerald Ford pretty famously took a header down the stairs of Air Force One and he was in his early 60s at the time.

I stepped on a random peace of gravel on the way to the mail box a decade ago, rolled my ankle got banged up enough to ruin my week. People trip, it is part of life.

Edited by dan/california

I think our president is blessed to have a skilled staff and some great advisors, especially regarding Ukraine.  I personally think that his cognitive abilities have slipped over the last decade as seen in some of his off the cuff statements and the apparent need for him to be "handled" more than in the past.  

This is not political, just an observation of his behavior compared to in the past.

1 minute ago, MSBoxer said:

I think our president is blessed to have a skilled staff and some great advisors, especially regarding Ukraine.  I personally think that his cognitive abilities have slipped over the last decade as seen in some of his off the cuff statements and the apparent need for him to be "handled" more than in the past.  

I’m extremely happy with many things his admin is done, and consider him the best president since Bush #1, but let’s be real, it’s full weekend at Bernie’s.

13 minutes ago, billbindc said:

Actually, the President can do quite a bit without immediate and express Congressional approval if the authorities already exist. You know, like all that aid to Ukraine. So no, you are not a political student and you are very wrong.

So please explain to me the title of this article?

https://www.crfb.org/blogs/congress-approved-113-billion-aid-ukraine-2022

13 minutes ago, Jiggathebauce said:

I'm not very clear on what the differences in Responsibility are between Prigozhin and Utkin within the Wagner PMC. If Utkin founded it, is he running it day to day and using Prig as spokesman? Who is boss of who?

Utkin is just field commander, but since Wagner became active political tool of Kremlin, it operations need more and more money, so this PMC led one of Putin's minions with own business - Prigozhyn. He is owner of "Concord" company and some others, through which finances flow from Kremlin (FSB?) and from resources mining in Africa and Syria

Must be given credit to Kremlin policy in Africa, using PMC as "indirect methods" - they silently pushed off France from several countries of their orbite like Mali and CAR. Reportedly minin of gold in CAR gives to Prigozhyn 250 millions $ for year 

Edited by Haiduk

16 minutes ago, Artkin said:

So please explain to me the title of this article?

POTUS is can issue orders based on pre-approvals by Congress in situations that might require immediate action. But if the situation requires more funding than was already authorized, then Congress steps in and a new round of policy making starts. So the president has the authority to transfer existing systems like the HIMARS or Javelins without compromising US security. The president could have sent in airstrikes etc.. too. But there is normally a time limit to what defines immediate action. Thank goodness the president has that authority.  

Edited by kevinkin

11 minutes ago, Artkin said:

I'm not sure where the name Wagner originates from, but I always think of the Quartermaster General of the Wehrmacht. Not the best name for an anti-nazi group.

He took the call sign "Wagner" in honor of Hitlers favorite composer.

Wagner's private army. The story of a lieutenant colonel from Ukraine who led Putin's personal army (espreso.tv)

Right, so as far as I know Congress has to approve things like this one way or another. The president isn't handing out a hundred billion dollars by his own decree.

Also there's a military complex backing Biden's actions. They're the planners who are working behind the scenes. The president has little to do with this. This should be obvious. Bipartisan support would have occurred for Ukraine whether Biden was in office or not.

2 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Right, so as far as I know Congress has to approve things like this one way or another. The president isn't handing out a hundred billion dollars by his own decree.

Also there's a military complex backing Biden's actions. They're the planners who are working behind the scenes. The president has little to do with this. This should be obvious. Bipartisan support would have occurred for Ukraine whether Biden was in office or not.

yeah there are a lot of folks involved and yeah a lot of support from congress.  However the Biden admin is who made the call to release info to unmask Russia's preparations to invade so like it or not you have to give the man some credit.

And I would rather trip than have this embarrassing moment...

Donald Trump Didn’t Notice He Had Toilet Paper Stuck To His Feet As He Got On Air Force One ...

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Nice!

Based on some assumptions about why the guy was filming and why he was looking rearward, they detected the drones and were preparing to defend against them.  Their first response was to launch a missile at a fairly steep angle, the truck moved, fired its autocannon while still in motion, then got struck by the kamikaze drone.

Presuming there was only one kamikaze drone, it was probably already too late to use the missile as the drone had to have been fairly close by this point.  Depends on minimum engagement range and certain presumptions about the drone's speed.

I have a feeling that the Pantsir is not good at firing on the move against such a small and fast moving target.  Which means the 30mm autocannon burst was bound to miss because the vehicle was in motion.

Steve

The FPV kamikaze drones often work in concert with observation drones, so it might have been engaging an observation drone up high (barrels and missile both appears to be rotated almost vertical) then got surprised by a kamikaze drone coming in low.

31 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Bipartisan support would have occurred for Ukraine whether Biden was in office or not.

Bipartisan support in congress, yes. But that's why the views of the leader of the executive branch are important. There is generally a lot of agreement in international affairs when the problem is good vs evil, US interests or the opposite. Or when sending aid to countries where earthquakes hit. Same thing domestically. But the president can be a bottleneck in allowing those resources to flow. And, as mentioned above, they can have important influence on info flow since the CIA and entire defense apparatus reports to the president.  

Edited by kevinkin