How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2023/02/13/when-will-the-war-in-ukraine-end-experts-offer-their-predictions/

Food for thought, especially the munition running out in the West, while China continues to deliver munition to Russia. And other dangers looming.

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 hours ago, womble said:

Morgan isn't a journalist. He's Howard Stern in a suit.

People like you are getting people like me banned from writing what we think about you. They are welcome Battlefront is just not important enough. All what they will achieve is losing a 73-year-old who has been a customer for 23 years. All what this forum achieves is for me having the urge at times to clean my computer of their games. They permit clowns on this forum who don't even know how to play the game. No suggestions as usual or nothing what makes sense just let us not speak of any useful contributions. Pierce Morgan I don't like the man but he is a journalist with the educational credentials. Just write facts and you don't have a problem with me. 

This forum hardly ever discusses nowadays a game or suggestions on how to play it better. Talking about off topic, the tragedy what of what is happening in the Ukraine stops the BS Game from expanding. I think this thread has run its cause; it has nothing to do with the present BS Game. My opinion this thread is off topic as far as the Battle Front games go. 

23 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

People like you are getting people like me banned from writing what we think about you. They are welcome Battlefront is just not important enough. All what they will achieve is losing a 73-year-old who has been a customer for 23 years. All what this forum achieves is for me having the urge at times to clean my computer of their games. They permit clowns on this forum who don't even know how to play the game. No suggestions as usual or nothing what makes sense just let us not speak of any useful contributions. Pierce Morgan I don't like the man but he is a journalist with the educational credentials. Just write facts and you don't have a problem with me. 

Yes there are a lot of people that don't contribute to the forums but post about other stuff. But they are not the reason for you getting banned, lol. That would be direct reaction to your action.

Would it be nice if more people contributed? Yes. Are they forced to? No....

The thread is about Ukraine and the war,  and the game, specifically how the game both echoes and misses the reality as it turned out in the  current situation. 

How many war games get their hypothesis tested out in real life? 

The thread serves the function of concentrating lessons learned and note worthy data from real life. 

It's scattershot in its data collation and presentation, often off topic but does generally stay the course. 

Almost every single thread in the CMBS subforum is about the game; surely we can leave one thread for the actual war the game was built to explore? 

Edited by Kinophile

1 minute ago, Artkin said:

Yes there are a lot of people that don't contribute to the forums but post about other stuff. But they are not the reason for you getting banned, lol. That would be direct reaction to your action.

We have a thread posting about other stuff it is getting so bad that anything else to do with the game is becoming irrelevant. I joined this forum to become a better player. All I see How Hot.......... Frankly this war should end not hoping it to last so that we can expand BS. 

1 minute ago, Kinophile said:

The thread is about Ukraine and the war,  and the game, specifically how the game both echoes and misses the reality as it turned out in the  current situation. 

How many war games get their hypothesis tested out in real life? 

The thread serves the function of concentrating lessons learned and note worthy data from real life. 

It's scattershot in its data collation and presentation, often off topic but does generally stay the course. 

Almost every single thread in the CMBS subforum is about the game; surely we can leave one thread for the actual war the game was built to explore? 

You can wait a long time for any BPs for BS that is my prediction BF will have the last word. We don't discuss anything else nowadays. Like somebody pointed out all what the algorithms produces on your computer is 1% of what actually takes place. Your social media feeds you what you like to see so that they get more likes. Now I can guess why Russian TV looks ridiculous our media looks ridiculous in their eyes. 

6 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

We have a thread posting about other stuff it is getting so bad that anything else to do with the game is becoming irrelevant. I joined this forum to become a better player. All I see How Hot.......... Frankly this war should end not hoping it to last so that we can expand BS. 

Without a doubt this thread has taken the attention of the forum. There's been a lack of progress in the creative side of CM also. Who's paying those people though? They're not obligated to post. Complaining about the thread sort of killing the rest of the forum is one thing, pretending like this forum is the reason you will end up banned is something entirely different.

You've brought up good points like how to keyhole snipers in buildings which I've found useful (Because I forgot how to) but nobody's forced to contribute to that.

12 hours ago, The_Capt said:

Ok, we are officially in a Dr Stangelove sequel here…this has to be a bit.

Of all the ways to deliver a nuclear weapon - bombers, fighters, hypersonic cruise missiles, stealth hypersonic cruise missiles, submarine launched ballistic missiles at short range, long range ballistic missiles etc.  A giant EM shining balloon moving at 120 km per hour is probably right down the list next to “catapult on a barge”.  But wait, the Chinese will put 12 of these together UP style and then hang a nuclear carrier below them…dastardly.  And then they will strap a bunch of African swallows together…

Hahaha. Get your point, dude. Did you read the whole dailymail article btw? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11710721/Chinas-spy-balloon-120ft-helium-powered-airship-equipped-snooping-tools.html

Well, what´s more ridiculous. China (rather russia or coop) sending couple dozen balloons along the jetstream and china pretending it´s all peaceful science stuff or these guys checking something particular the US ain´t aware of yet out? Can be anything from carrying (ABC) weapons payloads to Electronic jamming stuff. Imagine our little eastern friends picking up something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu-Go_balloon_bomb and develop something with 2023 tech capabilities. (for whatever purpose as said)

Then a question of mine: Can the jetstream effects in any way influence accuracy of ICBM? 🤔

Whatsoever. Maybe the Chinese/Russians just want the U.S. to think they´ve something like that in mind (second or third strike when we´re back to low tech) to distract a bit, or one of those subtle threat measures to keep the West from supporting Ukraine beyond a certain degree. IDK but find the topic quite interesting. 😆

Edit:

Two related articles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WS-124A_Flying_Cloud
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken-backed_war_theory

as food for thought (while we´re waiting for the russian offensive and ukrainans crushing it.)

Edited by RockinHarry
2 links to articles added

1 minute ago, Artkin said:

You've brought up good points like how to keyhole snipers in buildings which I've found useful (Because I forgot how to) but nobody's forced to contribute to that.

That is the sort of thing I like to do as a customer, I rewrote the manual just about. If I write my honest opinion about some troll I get threatened to get banned. Well it runs like water off the backside of a duck. I just will boycot this thread is I think the wisest I can do. 

Related to my previous post there´s an interesting reader comment from dailymail article above:

"While we in the West were focussing on privilege theories, trans rights and open borders, China was quietly buying up the natural resources of the developing world and taking control of Western companies and institutions, including Cambridge University. They used research from our most elite colleges to develop the most advanced and devastating hypersonic missile in history and they now have the most advanced conventional military in history too. As we speak ex-RAF personnel are teaching them how to gain air supremacy over us and our Government is doing nothing whatsoever. Our Government is asleep at the wheel. China is about to become the world's policeman and things are about to change."

In some ways, he may not be that far from the truth, but who really knows.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/feb/04/brexit-causes-collapse-in-european-research-funding-for-oxbridge-universities

(Sorry if this may have all been covered before in this thread.)

13 hours ago, sburke said:

first we insult the morons, now we insult the twits?  Next we'll be trashing the village idiots. this has got to stop.

Eliminate the ninnies and the twits

To meme is human (Anyway, Devo is exempt from sanctions).

Good!!!!!! In spite of Russian logistics being likely to b*llx it up, I have been deeply concerned they would get to The Thousand Drone Swarm Apocalypse first (with Chinese help).

Yeah, Ukraine got yer 'corresponding inconvenience' right here, сука.

More cause for cheer, though the Colonel is of course talking his book. Long interview, highly recommended, grateful for any comments, @JonS

The fact that we had many IT people join us definitely played a big role. So it took them 2-4 days to explain the work specifics at the artillery reconnaissance and fire control points....

In Soledar, the distance between our fighters and the enemy was 100-200 meters, which is very close. In Zaporizhzhia, it was never less than a kilometer....

(I): What weapons does Ukraine lack to win?

(O): We definitely need more guns.

(I): What kind of guns?

(O): It doesn’t matter, we will master any weapon and use it to destroy the enemy.

[At Bakhmut] The weather also played into our disadvantage. Warm winters, low cloud cover, and UAVs that can fly long distances rarely work. Speaking for myself, I rarely have situations where I can see 15-20 kilometers ahead.

Oh, and warm fraternal greetings on Saint Valentine's Day.

Edited by LongLeftFlank

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/europe/2023-02-13/russians-wartime-exodus-9127629.html

Pretty good summary of what's going on with the brain drain and exodus of talent from Russia. A lot more options for the people fleeing this time around. I guess due to the interconnected world. I suppose Putin could slip a few agents into the mix and send them off to do no good pounding away at a laptop. 

Russian President Vladimir Putin's war has set off a historic exodus of his own people. Initial data shows that at least 500,000, and perhaps nearly 1 million, have left in the year since the invasion began — a tidal wave on scale with emigration following the 1917 Bolshevik Revolution and the Soviet Union's collapse in 1991.

And ...

"This exodus is a terrible blow for Russia," said Tamara Eidelman, a Russian historian who moved to Portugal after the invasion. "The layer that could have changed something in the country has now been washed away."

Like the white Russian emigres of the Bolshevik era and the post-Soviet immigrants of the 1990s, many of those leaving Russia because of the war in Ukraine are likely gone for good.

Eidelman, the Russian historian, said that the longer the war, the deeper the scars. "Every extra month leads people to get used to a different country," she said. "They get a job there, their children go to school, they begin to speak a different language. The longer the war lasts, the longer the dictatorship in the country continues, the fewer people will return."

In our lifetime? ...

Matthew Rojansky, president of the U.S. Russia Foundation, a Washington-based group, said the Russian expats could become "a repository of relevant skills for a better, freer, modern Russia." For now, though, Rojansky said, the outflow sends an clear message.

4 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

That is the sort of thing I like to do as a customer, I rewrote the manual just about. If I write my honest opinion about some troll I get threatened to get banned. Well it runs like water off the backside of a duck. I just will boycot this thread is I think the wisest I can do. 

If all you are going to do here is spam the thread with complaints, then please do just stay out.  If you don't understand why this thread exists, why it is popular, and why it is critical to Combat Mission's future portrayal of modern warfare then this is definitely not the place for you to be.

Steve