How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

4 minutes ago, pavel.k said:

Reportedly 70 thousand people demonstration in Prague for leaving EU and cancelling sanctions against Russia. They all are jumping to arms of extremists so easily. And it is still summer...EU should hurry and finally set the cap for gas and oil price. Image

More issues than that it seems.  There is consistency there and hardly representative of overall feeling. At least from the folks I know in Prague.

An estimated 70,000 protesters from the far-right and far-left rallied in central Prague against the Czech government on Saturday.

Far-right and far-left groups took part in an anti-government demonstration in the center of Prague

Some of the groups represented at the demonstration were the populist anti-migrant Freedom and Direct Democracy Party and the Communist Party.

Dubbed "Czech Republic First," the protest highlighted rising inflation fueled by a rise in energy prices, Covid-19 vaccinations, and immigrants.

The protesters demanded the resignation of the current coalition government led by conservative Prime Minister Petr Fiala, which had taken office last December.

7 minutes ago, pavel.k said:

Reportedly 70 thousand people demonstration in Prague for leaving EU and cancelling sanctions against Russia. They all are jumping to arms of extremists so easily. And it is still summer...EU should hurry and finally set the cap for gas and oil price. Image

Maybe these people just want to hold off until spring returns to Prague again.

12 minutes ago, Grigb said:

I am writing now about the unexpected Kadyrov announcement. It will take some time.  Meanwhile, a small update about battle. It seems today UKR assaulted and captured Blahodativka that threatened right flank of the new Bridgehead with crossing near Andrriivka (it merged with old Bridgehead on the left flank). According to RU claims it was taking attacking from both sides - from outskirts initially captured at the beginning of the battle and from other side of Inhulets river using tactical crossing.   

Dated but still relevant map

l1bCIm.png

I saw map showing that on some RU profile today (it's from Rybar I guess). That is great news, UA will have one flank fully protected. Attritional aspect of it aside, advancing along Inhulets sounds like an interesting plan, due to safety of the flank, and possibillity to threaten Shuhirivka, the key to whole RU positions. 

16 minutes ago, sburke said:

More issues than that it seems.  There is consistency there and hardly representative of overall feeling. At least from the folks I know in Prague.

Do these fools have any idea what they are actually protesting for?  They are protesting for a change in gov't that would, of course, outlaw protesting.  What kind of Czechs think Russian domination is a good idea?  Who are these dingbats?

On 9/2/2022 at 7:30 AM, Battlefront.com said:

BTW, as an American I am insulted about the RU Nat's obsession with the UK military.  My tax Dollars have been training Ukrainians for two decades and what thanks do they give me?  And don't even get me started on how much money we sent in aid.  Plus, have they forgot that one American woman, Nuland, single handedly overthrew Yanukovych and appointed all Ukrainian governments since then?

It's a sad state of affairs when the UK gets more blame than the US does.

Hurumph.

Steve

I'll swear that there are only two groups  with a fixation on the evil British in this way. There are some UK, Guardian reading (left of centre) commentators who are convinced that their political opponents are fixated on restoring the glory days of British Imperial conspiracies, and the Russians who think they already have.

Edited by cyrano01

34 minutes ago, pavel.k said:

By a strange coincidence, they decided to go to the rally, at the same time as the suspension of Russian gas supplies via the northern stream. How everything is in sync

17 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Do these fools have any idea what they are actually protesting for?  They are protesting for a change in gov't that would, of course, outlaw protesting.  What kind of Czechs think Russian domination is a good idea?  Who are these dingbats?

Putlers pawns. Those are all over europe. Far right and far left are taking advantage of peoples economic fears. They request opening Northstream-2 as well and think if UKR will submit to Putler, all their problems will be solved.

1 hour ago, akd said:

Most likely some element of the 20th Guards MRD.  Both 19th and 20th MRDs were slated to receive T-90Ms as of summer 2021.

https://iz.ru/1173026/anton-lavrov-anna-cherepanova/zabronirovali-proryv-iug-rossii-usiliat-noveishimi-tankami-t-90m

EDIT: one T-90M was also seen in Russian journalist’s report from the Zaporhizhia front about a month ago or so.

This article says first party of T-90M have to be in 30 tanks - 20 upgraded T-90 mod.1992 and 10 new-built.

8 of them went to 27th MRB (received in 2021)

In Zaporizhzhia oblast reportedly T-90M were "from Vladikavkaz", so this is 19th MRD. It's knowingly, some combined unit gathered from 19th division were moved to Kherson oblast about month or slightly more ago, but no info about T-90M among it

Edited by Haiduk

24 minutes ago, cyrano01 said:

I'll swear that there are only two groups  with a fixation on the evil British in this way. There are some UK, Guardian reading (left of centre) commentators who are convinced that their political opponents are fixated on restoring the glory days of British Imperial conspiracies and the Russians who think they already have.

Oh, yea! This is what Rybar wrote a couple of days before the war. It is long and hilarious (for me at least) but I made a summary for those who do not want dive into RU madness. 

Posted on 21-Feb-22 https://t.me/rybar/24119
Summary: 
    • United States has outlived its time
    • It is wrong to focus on public politics instead of real politics
    • Many countries in the world are the providers of the British will. London City has great influence over World economy
    • Regional power Great Britain returns to it’s position as world Empire
    • US is just actor who just plays role of a world arbiter
    • Brexit was misunderstood at the time
    • EU is tangle of contradictions, which is shaken by social, economic and migrant crises but [due to Brexit] UK is somewhere outside [of it].
    • Collective West took course on creating general chaos that looks like worsens controllability [of world by the West]
    • However [position of the West is] It's good to catch delicious fish in muddy water
    • [Pre-war] situation in UKR is continuation of General Chaos policy and deliberation action [of implied UK]
    • UK invests a lot in UKR military-complex. Why?
    • [because] UK begins to publicly dictate terms, publicly ousts the United States from Ukraine
    • The war has not yet begun, and the UK has already received good reputational advantages
    • A little time will pass, and the States will turn into an even bigger bubbling cauldron of chaos [implying UK will take place of as real-World Leader]

About the public "return" of Great Britain to big politics

Recently, there has been a lot of talk about the fact that the United States has outlived its time, and the center of political power is slowly moving to Foggy Albion. There is enough direct and indirect evidence for this: for example, the fact that some idiots and funny queer fools with barbie-colored hair are put in positions in the West is not at all evidence of the collective idiocy of the West.

All of them are put in positions specifically. It is fundamentally wrong to focus on public politics and assume that it is the same as real politics.

Remember how many countries in the world are the providers of the British will. Or in which banks the oligarchs from the post-Soviet space keep their money, and where, if I may say so, the local elites buy real estate. You can also recall the London Association of the Precious Metals Market, where almost all the world's gold reserves are stored.

Today, at the regional level, we are witnessing a gradual public return by Great Britain of its positions as an Empire over which the sun does not set [which, in fact, England has never lost]. This is a huge contrast compared to the events of the last hundred years — if you remember, after the First World War, the role of the United States began to grow rapidly, and Great Britain behaved as modestly as possible [compared to the United States, of course, we remember about Churchill].

At the same time, the role of the world arbiter was played in public by the States, where, since the Reagan era, anyone has been put in political positions, but not professional managers and politicians.

The United States participated in wars, launched the flywheels of revolutions and initiated global crises. At the same time, somewhere out there, in the Foggy Albion, Great Britain remained. When London decided to leave the European Union, the initial reaction was: "Oh, look at how the Britons are freaking out!".

And what is happening today? The European Union has turned from an artificially created single economic and political space into a burdensome tangle of contradictions, which is shaken by social, economic and migrant crises. And the UK is somewhere outside [of it].

But it would seem that the collective West has taken a course for general chaos. It is the collective West that jumps out of its pants, successfully creating the strongest tension on the planet in all areas of life — from politics to personal life at home (do you remember about birth control?). But it would seem that this worsens controllability.

Nothing like that.

It's good to catch delicious fish in muddy water. While everyone else will spend all their strength to keep in balance, the organizers of the chaos will quite spend their strength on earning money.

Let's take one simple phrase "The buyer knows what he is paying for" as an basis and apply it to the situation in Ukraine, which is a natural continuation of the course towards general chaos. We are talking about a deliberate action involving significant financial and political means.

The UK, together with its old allies (primarily the Netherlands), has been investing in Ukraine, its military-industrial complex, and infrastructure for several years. Previously, it looked like some kind of incomprehensible encumbrance: well, why spend money on such a "black hole"? And today?

Under the pretext of protecting its interests, the UK begins to publicly dictate terms, publicly ousts the United States from Ukraine, its satellite in the person of Turkey publicly uses the Ukrainian defense industry and embraces Kiev and Moscow in a friendly way, offering to mediate a peaceful settlement of the conflict. But the same Odessa, where the British military infrastructure is deployed, will most likely remain under the control of England.

The war has not yet begun, and the UK has already received good reputational advantages.

And now look at what is happening in the United States: the political "elites" have turned into one big collective grandfather Biden, and the imaginary division into Democrats and conservatives (the old English joke about Tories and Whigs) has finally become a farce. A little time will pass, and the States will turn into an even bigger bubbling cauldron of chaos.

Everything happens in accordance with the paradigm "Your future is your past".

3 minutes ago, sburke said:

Is this a guy we need added to list?  I don't have a TWITter acct and can't see translated

No, a corporal.  It was mentioned earlier based on Russian telegram posts (I think) that 45th Spetsnaz Brigade had been thrown in to stabilize the Kherson situation along with other Airborne units.  This just provides confirmation.

42 minutes ago, Ts4EVER said:

Problem is that most European politicians, especially the German ones, took a deep sip of the "free market solves everything" koolaid and will watch prices go through the roof before doing measures like prize controls or rationing, so they are exacerbating possible effects.

Yeah, price controls - that's the answer lol.  Just let the government set the price of everything.  No, there is no actual history of what happens with price controls to reference there - nope - that's definitely the answer to everyone's problems.

8 minutes ago, Zeleban said:

I remember that someone recently mentioned that Putin is very unhappy with Kadyrov

I can't imagine why? His fighters are a terrible threat to empty buildings, traffic signals, defenseless women, and above all SHEEP. Are those not the characteristics of an elite military unit? A traffic signal with bad intentions is dangerous thing after all. Well it can be dangerous if there was any risk of it getting electricity back, but I digress.

UKR troopers captured Russian VDV position somewhere on Donbas. AGS-17 and BMD-2 were captured

Зображення

BMD has "V" marking, likely this is 31st air-assault brigade, reportedly it is remained single VDV unit, operating on Donbas, since alsmost all involved in "SMO" VDV units were moved to south.