How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

Hopefully true, but seems quite unlikely (TB-2 has 2 or 4 small munitions?) and the photo above does not look like a column but more of an area fire originating at something fairly high intensity toward the center.  Hopefully someone can get some satellite intel on the area.  Send more TB-2s regardless.

Edited by akd

19 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Yes, I'm waiting for confirmation on that one too.  I hope they pulled it off.

As much as I do. But this one, Bashtanka, Mykolaiv region, hasn´t been confirmed yet either:

Enemy column destroyed in Mykolaiv Region consisted of 800 vehicles (ukrinform.net)

Микола Лукашук - ⚡️Підсумки сьогоднішнього вкрай важкого дня.... | Facebook

From the Pentagon:

There are indications the Russians are readjusting and changing their tactics, but "that said, there has been in the last six days evidence of a certain risk averse behavior by the Russian military," the official said.

"Take the amphibious assault, for instance," the official said. "They put those troops ashore, a good 70 kilometers away from Mariupol, because they knew Mariupol was going to be defended, and they could put them ashore in an uncontested environment. And they still haven't reached Mariupol."

U.S. officials are seeing the same sort of activity in terms of in the air domain. "There's a certain risk averse behavior, they are not necessarily willing to take high risks with their own aircraft and their own pilots," the official said. "And of course, we're seeing that on the ground: The fairly slow and stodgy progress that they have made."

Some Russian units are surrendering without a fight. Others are made up of inadequately trained conscripts who have never been in combat before. "Some of them, we believe, weren't even told they were going to be in combat," he said.

The official said the Russians are not risk averse to causing civilian casualties

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

So the '40 mile long armoured column' has been on my mind for a while.  A few questions:

• Is it really armoured to a large extent?  The satellite images and some recent online talk suggest it's mainly supply?
  • Has it been attacked yet?  The speed of advance suggests it might, but advancing large groups on single roads is not the easiest of propositions, so it could just be the clogged road problem we're all familiar with?
  • If it hasn't been attacked, why not - is it better-protected than some of the other convoys which have been hit, or is there less opposition on that route (I wouldn't think so)?
  • If it's as vulnerable as it looks, why would you send a huge very slow-moving column down a road like that - even in a game like CM it would give me nightmares?

A well known historian has this to say about that 40km column. If you google his books, I´m pretty sure he knows what he is talking about (Amazon.de: Peter Caddick-Adams: Bücher, Hörbücher, Bibliografie)

Seems there is a view in high level US intel and policymakers that the Russians will surround and lay siege to Ukrainian cities and then bombard the hell out of them.

We can’t provide air cover as that would cause WW3.

Perhaps more of the drones from Turkey can be provided to target Russian forces and the AIC could fly them in a discreet and plausible denial manner…

9 minutes ago, sburke said:

a tank division... no I think he is a bit challenged.

I wouldn´t worry too much, if that said tank division will show the same performance quality as the 4th Guards Tank Division we already know about.

Edited by DesertFox

21 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

I wouldn´t worry too much, if that said tank division will show the same performance quality as the 4th Guards Tank Division we already know about.

I sure hope these can be put into Ukrainian service ASAP!

Rob has tattoos os Ex US army vet served in tours of Afghanistan and Iraqi

His buddy served 15 years on multiple combat tours

Rob got an Internet following for lots of other things 

The United States Army was where Rob found his home as an 11 Bravo infantry man at the age of 19. Rob would serve the military for over 6 years, initially assigned to 1st and 30th as an infantryman. Rob was deployed to Kirkuk, Iraq, before deciding that being a sniper was his calling -- something that fit with Rob’s love of a challenge but didn’t fit with his “always moving” personality. Rob translated his physical movement for eye movement, and would go on to be a master sniper and lead a team through countless missions. The physical toll of the Army ultimately won out and Rob was medically discharged in 2014, three years after marrying his wife Sarah. 

If its not your thing that's fine but he's given good accurate updates by obviously some intell people  and I appreciate listening to his breakdowns as infantry men

What he says matches other updates from other pages but they take along time to be shown

Edited by GAZ NZ

4 minutes ago, GAZ NZ said:

The United States Army was where Rob found his home as an 11 Bravo infantry man at the age of 19. Rob would serve the military for over 6 years, initially assigned to 1st and 30th as an infantryman. Rob was deployed to Kirkuk, Iraq, before deciding that being a sniper was his calling -- something that fit with Rob’s love of a challenge but didn’t fit with his “always moving” personality. Rob translated his physical movement for eye movement, and would go on to be a master sniper and lead a team through countless missions. The physical toll of the Army ultimately won out and Rob was medically discharged in 2014, three years after marrying his wife Sarah. 

If its not your thing that's fine but he's given good accurate updates by obviously some intell people  and I appreciate listening to his breakdowns as infantry men

What he says matches other updates from other pages but they take along time to be shown

I stumbled  into their channel a few weeks back where they had a video up essentially mocking footage of Ukrainian soldiers on the Donbass front lines and saying how the Russians were going to smash them  . Not impressed .

Just now, keas66 said:

I stumbled  into their channel a few weeks back where they had a video up essentially mocking footage of Ukrainian soldiers on the Donbass front lines and saying how the Russians were going to smash them  . Not impressed .

Youtube is all about money, not about quality of content. I don´t blame them though. Better get some basic understanding across, than no understanding at all. It is just that I wouldn´t consult them to organize my bataillon defense plan.

The rebellion of Russian marines near Odessa was mentioned before but there was doubt as to whether it is correct or not.
This is an article by a local news source (I assume legit) saying that they did rebel.
Perhaps they have sourced their information from other media, but they do mention some details that would indicate local knowledge.

https://odessa-journal.com/russian-short-service-marine-conscripts-staged-a-riot/

11 minutes ago, GAZ NZ said:

According to these guys the Belarussian army is already on the march on Ukrainian soil, north of Kiev.