How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

28 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Yup.  In fact, it seems Russia controls less of the city perimeter tonight than it did this morning.  At least it's clearly having more difficulty holding the perimeter it had yesterday and has not managed to expand it.

Steve

I'm worried about how all the weapons and supplies on the way from the west will get into contested areas.  If there's still ways into Kyiv/karkiv/other cities and they get lots more AT assets, that'll help a lot  in the defense.

15 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

For all those who don’t know history, Arkhangelsk was the location that a joint British/US expeditionary force landed to help the White Russians defeat the reds. They failed of course, which is why the World order is as it is today.

Name choice seems to have symbolism in this forum.

We think alike 🙂

1 minute ago, danfrodo said:

I'm worried about how all the weapons and supplies on the way from the west will get into contested areas.  If there's still ways into Kyiv/karkiv/other cities and they get lots more AT assets, that'll help a lot  in the defense.

Volunteers hired hundreds of truck drivers to deliver all aid to that places, where it needs. I think this will be routes along Lviv - Khmelnytskyi - Vinnytsia - Bila Tserkva - Kyiv. Or to the south through Vinnytsia and Uman' to Odesa< Mykolaiv and Kherson. I don't know how about Kharkiv and Sumy.

10 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Enemy troops only on NW, all other ways are open. The bridges on the left bank of Dnieper are not destroyed. Railway is working - I can buy a ticket to L'viv, except this, special evacuation trains exist.

Someone's pulled a fast one on the AP stringer then...

Which brings me to something else I've thought about earlier: how are the Russians losing the propaganda/information war so badly? I would've expected far more visibility of Russian footage of destroyed/captured UKR equipment and personnel. Or maybe it's just they don't have any such pictures because it really is going terribly badly for them.

There is a rumor in german armor ongoing, that 50 decommissioned Gepard Air Defense tanks, which are now at the manufacturers garage, could be reactivated and sent to Ukraine. A former Gepard commander has volunteered to be the instructor for the ukrainian soldiers as the Gepard is a tad more complicated as a NLAW ...

I dont like to spread rumor but i like the Gepard. So take it with a grain of hope from my side that the old cats are back in action soon.

4 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Why is the major saying that Kyiv is encircled then?

Klychko often says something, which became memes. Live interview and speeches this is not his strong side. I read his today's statements, which partially reflected in this interview, but he said nothing about encirclement. 

2 minutes ago, Sarjen said:

There is a rumor in german armor ongoing, that 50 decommissioned Gepard Air Defense tanks, which are now at the manufacturers garage, could be reactivated and sent to Ukraine. A former Gepard commander has volunteered to be the instructor for the ukrainian soldiers as the Gepard is a tad more complicated as a NLAW ...

I dont like to spread rumor but i like the Gepard. So take it with a grain of hope from my side that the old cats are back in action soon.

Clay-pigeon shooting on Russian heli's. 

20 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Edit: not sure if authentic but saw multiple movies of MLRS attacks

Looks like the video has been deleted from the source... Or maybe just taken down because it was sucking in too much traffic. :) It's hard to find any context that might make this other than some video of a live fire exercise anytime in the last decade... Especially now it's been taken down.

8 minutes ago, womble said:

Someone's pulled a fast one on the AP stringer then...

Which brings me to something else I've thought about earlier: how are the Russians losing the propaganda/information war so badly? I would've expected far more visibility of Russian footage of destroyed/captured UKR equipment and personnel. Or maybe it's just they don't have any such pictures because it really is going terribly badly for them.

I expected much more cyber attacks. But I think they will come soon.

2 minutes ago, womble said:

Looks like the video has been deleted from the source... Or maybe just taken down because it was sucking in too much traffic. :) It's hard to find any context that might make this other than some video of a live fire exercise anytime in the last decade... Especially now it's been taken down.

It was probably trying to predict this in more spectacular fashion 😉

2 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I expected much more cyber attacks. But I think they will come soon.

Note that Ukraine has called for the world's hacker to attack Russia, providing the links to the places that should be attacked.  Supposedly 150k folks have already joined the effort.  OUCH.  talk about crowdsourcing!

5 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Note that Ukraine has called for the world's hacker to attack Russia, providing the links to the places that should be attacked.  Supposedly 150k folks have already joined the effort.  OUCH.  talk about crowdsourcing!

Anonymous openly announced that "they" were going to be diving into disrupting Russian Interwebs. There was some footage claiming they'd hijacked the TV channels and were feeding UKR-side victory shots to the Russian public.